Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 230votes)

Jisatsutou

Alt Names: alt İntihar Adasıalt 自杀岛alt 自殺島alt Pulau Bunuh Dirialt Suicide Islandalt Остров самоубийствalt جزيرة الإنتحار
Author: Mori Kouji
Artist: Mori Kouji
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Treating non-successful suicidal patients requires a lot of money and resources. With low budget and a personal respect argumentation, a doctor will ask a non-successful suicidal patient if he/she still wants to live on or not. If not the government will respect his/her wish. However, the government doesn't just simply kill them...
Go to Jisatsutou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic High quality RAWs New Window sradok
  • 3 Replies
Topic Lastest chapter Discussion New Window Timcanpy
  • 14 Replies
Topic Replace cover to newest volume New Window sradok
  • 0 Replies
Topic If you want to rage/debate/slander come here PLEASE! Don't do it in the Comment Section! New Window Reminiscent Cheeseburger
  • 7 Replies
Topic Accuracy of the Survival Information New Window The Dutch
  • 12 Replies
Topic Question about Releases New Window Zerkezhi
  • 4 Replies

680 Comments

lol,
From what I can tell, no one actually likes this thing, they just read it so they can call the author or the characters idiots.

I actually read this story because I enjoy it, but I also understand that the author isn't an authority or even that well read on nature and survivalist tactics. He's got a general grass but there's always going to be some fact that slips through that's completely inaccurate or outdated even by the time of the chapters publication.

As for what the point of this story is, if this is your first story from this author he does the sort of contemplative story that focuses more on characters than the overall situation.

Yall have no idea of how pissed I was not really i was actually laughing but its for dramatic effect so deal with me 

minor spoiler for current chapter 126

But thanks for the chapter as usual lol

Thank you for putting the two together. ^_^ It reminded me that (for me) it's misguided to get mad at Team Deathwish, or Team FIOKI*, or Sei for being such a self-centered overwrought wangdoodle that

spoiler for 112
or any of the other shark-jumpy aspects. The proper object of blame is the flawed storyteller. ƪ -_-ʃ

* - Team F#$% It Or Kill It

Yall have no idea of how pissed I was not really i was actually laughing but its for dramatic effect so deal with me when I saw sei here remembering Tomo to cure the shark flu of his waifu but the bitch still didn't give a flying fuck about them when it really mattered.

gdi sei

But thanks for the chapter as usual lol

Oh no! It's the dreaded shark flu! (>_<)

Humans can catch pig flu, bird flu if it passes through a pig first, or rarely bird flu directly. (Our genes are really darn close to pigs', making viruses that adapt to pigs a better match.)

But this is the first I've heard of flu caught from a shark. That's gotta be some godawful badass flu, considering they don't even have lungs. XP

True one is "Be both have to eat, nothing personel.", the other is "Lol, I get off to it."

There's a question I never thought I'd ponder: How do sharks fap?

And so we see the contrast between a natural opponent's beauty and graceful strength versus that scumbag Sawada.

True one is "Be both have to eat, nothing personel.", the other is "Lol, I get off to it."

How could you not like the otaku that goes back in time to fuck prehistoric women?! Freaking twizzlers man!

I'll admit that this gave me a laugh and made me almost curious. Still, I know enough of Mori Kouji's work to be wiser now.

lol, you go from saying there's been a ton of criticism, to saying there's none.

When I said "lack of criticism", I meant specifically for those three things (eating snakes, using deer parts and rescueing people from drowning).

And so we see the contrast between a natural opponent's beauty and graceful strength versus that scumbag Sawada.

You know me well, but you got this one wrong :P

I dislike the Time Travel trope intensely, so I haven't even bothered to read Primeval taiga. I'm under no danger of getting interested in it.

How could you not like the otaku that goes back in time to fuck prehistoric women?! Freaking twizzlers man!

Don't blame me for that. I wrote a couple notes in the past but gave up after some random person argued with me about the dangers of alkaloids in wild plants.

People who have experience with hunting, outdoor sports, survivalism and whatnot have been much less kind to this story than I. From deer population dynamics and archery, every aspect of this series has been criticised by readers, widely so. Now it's sharks. Who knows what will be next?

Though the lack of criticism suggests you can use this manga to find out how to eat a snake, save a drowning person and use all parts of the deer you have hunted.

lol, you go from saying there's been a ton of criticism, to saying there's none.

And no, I'm not blaming you for any of it. I just think the author has no idea how to tell a story. Honestly, I'm not even sure what story he's trying to tell, or IF he's trying to tell a story. For all I know, this could be a survival guide in disguise, with some half-assed social commentary thrown in for legitimacy. I mean, it's really only shallowly living up to any of the tags on this thing - except perhaps the slice of life. 

From what I can tell, no one actually likes this thing, they just read it so they can call the author or the characters idiots. 

Two chapters of MC trying to hunt a shark. Why do I feel It like a boring attempt at filler? 

MC and the Sea - going for the shark this time.

Two chapters of MC trying to hunt a shark. Why do I feel It like a boring attempt at filler? 

Next week on Shark Hunter ...

So he knew all of these facts, but somehow he didn't realize an animal that size would need a high-test sort of line.

I suggest the mc didn't believe he had enough time to make such a fishing line, so he prepared several lines and arrows instead, not entirely knowing how many would tear.

You and I both know you'll read the first volume, decide it's interesting, translate it, then whine about how terrible an author Kouji is 4 volumes in after he's dragged it out too long.

You know me well, but you got this one wrong :P

I dislike the Time Travel trope intensely, so I haven't even bothered to read Primeval taiga. I'm under no danger of getting interested in it.

You gotta wonder, really, considering just how much of the facts this author is apparently getting wrong, just based on the translator notes... And the amount of focus he decides to put on all these "factoids" anyway... What's the point of this thing? 

Don't blame me for that. I wrote a couple notes in the past but gave up after some random person argued with me about the dangers of alkaloids in wild plants.

People who have experience with hunting, outdoor sports, survivalism and whatnot have been much less kind to this story than I. From deer population dynamics and archery, every aspect of this series has been criticised by readers, widely so. Now it's sharks. Who knows what will be next?

Though the lack of criticism suggests you can use this manga to find out how to eat a snake, save a drowning person and use all parts of the deer you have hunted.

So he knew all of these facts, but somehow he didn't realize an animal that size would need a high-test sort of line.

are sharks even attracted to blood that's not from other fish(es ? i wonder what's the rule lol) ?

You gotta wonder, really, considering just how much of the facts this author is apparently getting wrong, just based on the translator notes... And the amount of focus he decides to put on all these "factoids" anyway... What's the point of this thing? 

Shark teeth will make excellent arrowheads, the skin will be good for sanding and other abrasive tasks, the fins apparently make good soup, and I'm sure there are a multitude of other useful things to harvest besides the meat.

Dude shark fin soup really useless as soup.

Shark teeth will make excellent arrowheads, the skin will be good for sanding and other abrasive tasks, the fins apparently make good soup, and I'm sure there are a multitude of other useful things to harvest besides the meat.

I think Kouji is a pretty good author. His genre is definitely the "Misfits" category, which focuses on the weird and somewhat less productive people in our society. Maybe that can account for some of the bad writing (I'm being generous), since character flaws in Misfits stories are often highly exaggerated. I think a lot of the draw comes from people who like the genre and want to see the character development through to the end.

The problem with serials is that there is no incentive to end them (I blame capitalism). So Kouji ends up having to tack on extra volumes to an already completed story - which doesn't mesh well with the Misfits genre and character growth.

Kouji also likes to tackle issues which are much larger than what an ordinary mangaka can be expected to handle. DxR probably suffers the most from this. Due to Kouji's lack of knowledge of philosophy and the revolutionary science of Marxist-Leninism-Maoism(or Anarchism), he couldn't handle a story about revolution under capitalism, except for the very simplistic anti-imperialism stance. Take Bakunin, for instance: "the urge to destroy is a creative urge." Yuuki would definitely read Bakunin. Kouji, however, did not. The gap between the perceived intelligence of the character and the author absolutely ruined the story.

In short, Kouji writes a niche genre and does pretty well as far as the protagonist's character growth is concerned. He suffers from overambition and the serial format, where his stories are often strongest at the beginning, and fizzle out to ruin after the first climax.

Well, at least no one has asked me to translate Primeval Taiga yet \o/

You and I both know you'll read the first volume, decide it's interesting, translate it, then whine about how terrible an author Kouji is 4 volumes in after he's dragged it out too long.

Woot update! Thank you so much <3

You know… Mori Kouji's series are beginning to intrigue me.

I thought I was the only weird person who translates his stuff while broadly disliking it.

But now I see most recent comments in this section have turned negative. Of course, that doesn't say anything about what people who do not post comments think, and we still get gratitude messages in our chatbox for our work in SI (the latest one just yesterday), but… a similar pattern happened for DxR, too o_O

I cannot help wondering whether this author has reached some kind of bizarre creative state in which he produces stuff most people are irked by but continue reading nonetheless.

Well, at least no one has asked me to translate Primeval Taiga yet \o/

Sei stricking down a shark. That's gotta be symbolic of something, ummm...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics