Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 133votes)

Green Blood

Alt Names: alt เลือดล้างทรชนalt グリーン・ブラッド
Author: Kakizaki Masasumi
Artist: Kakizaki Masasumi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The end of the civil war signaled the start of the industrial revolution in the United States and immigrants from all over the world traveled to find their American dream. But what awaited the majority of them was poverty, discrimination and hopelessness. Manhattan, New York was full of immigrants flooding through the ports and the 6th district, Five Points, was considered at the time, the world’s worst slum. The mobsters corrupted the entire area, including the police by paying them off; Five Points was the mob’s territory and they were the law.

But even in Five Points, where there seemed to be nothing but robbery, prostitution and murder, showed some signs of hope. Luke Burns was a honest and righteous teenager who realized that the mob was the cause of the harsh lifestyle and that joining the mobsters would not bring him the American dream. But his older brother, Brad Burns, had become the assassin to the biggest mob group of Five Points, the Grave Diggers, a secret he kept from Luke for his own protection. Brad was known as the Grim Reaper and his reputation preceded him as a ruthless and skilled killer.
Go to Green Blood Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Marduk
  • 51 Replies
Topic How come he is still alive? New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

142 Comments

To Fizanko, Oliverfr, Euodiachloris

Spoiler

Wait what??

I thought Raymond was dead?!?!

So the series is coming to an end... feels hastily wrapped up. Axed? Only four chapters to go, going by the chapter/volume ratio of the previous volumes.

"I shall demonstrate the strength of those who are prepared for death" Black Horse said ...

Indeed he demonstrated that all of those who are prepared to death in war, they just die.

But when their leader is frankly stupid due to being full of pride, as a result not only he dies, but his ridiculous pride is responsible of the death of all his tribe warriors.

"we have planted fear within the hearts of the white men"

Yeah sure Black Horse, and now that all your tribe warriors have been killed and whatever remains in retreat will be soon, can you imagine what your enemy will do next when they're going right to your tribe camps with anger in their hearth for their fallen friends, can you imagine what will happen next to the survivors of your tribe ?

Black Horse's tribe was his responsability to protect as their leader, but his pride was so huge that not only he lead all his warrior to death but he even doomed all his tribe.

Seems we all agree on the stupidity of these indians from the these chapters, sigh.

Has anyone read Terry Pratchett's Discworld around here ? He gave this saying to the dwarven people when they go on war :

« Today is a good day for my enemy to die »

THAT is something to approve :D

It may be heroic, it may be gung-ho, it may be honourable, it may even be tragically romantic or hot-blooded, or whatever... but, can we say "Pyrrhic victory" should it, by some miracle, succeed even slightly? :P

And, in my book: that's worse than a drawn-out loss. <_<

How clever is it to doom most of the tribe you're supposedly fighting for by killing yourselves? <_< Really, now... it's just glammed-up suicide. -_- Urgh... (And, Brad's been like that from day one: looking for a place to die.)

<stompity-stomp-stomp-stomp-stomp -- but, keeps reading after stomping, anyway>

Couldn't they have surrounded them first to minimize the troop density and abuse the dead angles of the gatling gun? Or at least have Luke sneaking up from the other side and using his amazing sniping skills to take out the gatling gunner, while the others distract all the guns... Man...

That's just it, luke commented how crazy it was to go head first into a gatling gun, but these fellas don't fear death.

I agree that their head on tactic is stupid, but they don't care.

Couldn't they have surrounded them first to minimize the troop density and abuse the dead angles of the gatling gun? Or at least have Luke sneaking up from the other side and using his amazing sniping skills to take out the gatling gunner, while the others distract all the guns... Man...

Awesome, thanks a lot Happy Scans!!

Infatuated as I am with the Kingdom manga, I just can't stand those fucking SIMPLETONS charging from the front when they know the enemy owns a gatling gun. Just DIE, morons.

oh bby it's more Green Blood

Happyscans, my heroes, thank you. Great job, great translation, great choice in a fantastic historical Manga.

It's so good to see such a great manga get so many chapters so quickly...you guys are the best.

This is great...so many new chapters, so quickly. Thanks Happyscans!

I had rarely seen such well prepared history basics in manga, without washing up and puting heavy make-up on history facts - probably on par in that area with Wolfsmund.

Above average art, smooth flow of story, nice build of characters and great scanlation work puts this manga to the top 10 of my favorites.

Thanks a lot to Happyscans! for picking up this manga.

It certainly has a interesting flow with the basic human truths demonstrated without being over-emphasized.

I appreciate the lack of American stereotyping in this manga, even if it is about cowboys.

I had rarely seen such well prepared history basics in manga, without washing up and puting heavy make-up on history facts - probably on par in that area with Wolfsmund.

Above average art, smooth flow of story, nice build of characters and great scanlation work puts this manga to the top 10 of my favorites.

Thanks a lot to Happyscans! for picking up this manga.

Wow, what a barrage of new chapters, thanks a lot Happy Scans!!

happy, happy, happy! :)

Recently noticed Green Blood and devoured all the available chapters.

It's a masterpiece in story, characterisation and art.

Fantastic job of the scanlation too that makes the dialogue fitting very well.

Wow, awesome new triple release no less, thanks lot Happy Scans!!

I appreciate the lack of American stereotyping in this manga, even if it is about cowboys.

Every chapter just keeps getting better. Thanks for the triple release of my new favorite manga, which should just be called "HOLY $#!t COWBOYS."

Heee!  Loads-o'-scans! \o/

And, next time... ask which people are employing the happy horseboy. :P

Wow -- triple freakin' release! The scans look really good for these chapters and the translations is still excellent. This is great -- thanks HappyScans!!

Luke is so fucking badass.

One shot that bastard, Luke. And let Brad finish off the ''Hero''.

The chapter 28 raws could have done with some cleaning, but more importantly, the translation is good and we got to read the chapter. Thanks HappyScans!. :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics