Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.4 - 133votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei

Alt Names: alt พี่น้องปริศนาโรงเรียนมหาเวทย์(LN)alt 魔法科高校の優等生alt The Honor Student at Magic High Schoolalt The Honorary Student of a Magic High School
Author: Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Mori Yu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Spin-off of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei; focused on Rettousei's lead's younger sister Shiba Miyuki's experiences.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-r3290 ).
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic German "Danke" (Chapter 18 - Page 21) New Window x5c0d3
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Discussion New Window TaintedDream
  • 0 Replies
Topic Download Links New Window Ariel
  • 5 Replies

363 Comments

Mr. Poogly: I hope that you're intelligent enough to realize that the criticisms levied here against this spin-off are both annoying AND stupid. Annoying because they are disrespectful towards both the authors and scanlators. Stupid because their implicit criticism ("I'd rather want the main story over this spin-off, boohoo") is objectively wrong - Yuutousei doesn't hinder Rettousei's release cycle in the least, it's merely offering extra insight in the story from a second viewpoint.

As someone who has fansubbed for a decade, I _detest_ the spoiled mindset that the people complaining are exhibiting. Don't like it? Offer qualified criticism of the _content_. Or go elsewhere and stop annoying the rest.
*think

Opera corrects me too much...
When did I say something about groups?

The only thing I'd like of you guys is to read first and asking if you have questions about the series, and not only being that stupid of thing the artist is the same, or Dengeki magazines are weekly or something =_=

Well, I have other things to do, so I'll release this when I get some free time.
Criticism over spin-offs are not criticisms of scanlation groups.

I hope you are intelligent enough to understand that being critical of the manga is independent of being critical of a scanlation group.
In fact, I'll release that after (not 3 months XD).

Maybe in 2 or 3 days...
You must be JOKING, Ariel... riiiight??? ^_^;

Out with the English version pls.
Well, I thought you guys would be crying of joy with the English release...

Chapter 2 in English... after. If you could wait 2-3 months for 1, you can wait the same amount of time for 2, right?
The first chapter is good stuff. More Mahouka and Miyuki is never a bad thing.
YES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG
Ignorance is bliss they say....

For your sake guys, Yuutousei will cover events at the current time-line in the main series. Also, it will bring us some nice "spoilers" of things that haven't appeared in the novel (up to vol6 right now) and manga yet, so, in its way, Yuutousei will cover that holes that you guys are complaining for.

Ah, if you can't stand wait for monthly releases, or if you think it will be a waste of years of waiting, please, reconsider to read this. LN and manga have their own schedules, so everything is a matter of time.
Now thats some stunning artwork. The story is also interesting <3
Can't w8 for the next chapter !
Thanks for scanlating this series !
I had to do a double take at the different mangaka/publisher combo, did not see that coming. I bet Christopher conceded at that tidbit.

@gundamgundam: We get it, you can use bold. Idiots are the ones who make baseless arguments, like the one you make implying that every negative critique is done by idiots and scum. Since this is a negative critique of your comment, guess what I am?

If the scanlators decide to drop a series based on lack of interest, slow updates, not enough volunteers... etc, then great.
God forbid Scanlators drop a series because someone wants faster releases, certainly that has never ever happened before.
@larethian
Please, don't waste your time replying to those idiotic comments. Your time is far too valuable to be wasting it with that scum.
By the way, I just want you to know that I really appreciate your excellent work as a translator, like in Dai Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Oreimo, Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! and of course, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
And please, don't let those idiots discourage you from doing your awesome work! I just want to remind you that like me, there are many people who really treasure and cherish all your thankless effort translating all that so we can enjoy these quality stories! Really, Thank you.
Just STFU and READ IT!!!... Period.
God, people are truly ingrates. The scanlators spend countless hours translating, scanning, editing and cleaning and what do they get as thanks? A bunch of ungrateful complains about this manga because "it's an spinoff" and "the main series is slow updating"?...Please, after such idiotic comments, it wouldn't surprise me if the group decides to drop the series due to sheer disappointment, for Heaven's sake!
long ass novel-like comment =_=
@Christopher
I understand you want to read the main series faster. However the point is, even if Yuutousei is never released, it will not be possible to increase the speed of Rettousei, because they are done by different mangaka and controlled by different publishers.

Moreover, as far as I know, that's the only active work of the mangaka right now which means that's probably his limit (also based on his history). Which means you can't force him to work harder to bring in a faster release and turn it into a weekly release.

Another note, there are no manga adaptations of light novels that are weekly releases. So far, based on what I've seen, manga chapters of light novels seldom go beyond 30-35 pages every month except for the first 3 chapters. Drawing a manga of already available content (from the light novel) is not as easy as most think. The mangaka first need to read the text and plan how to represent the story and things described in the novel in his panels. Then, you have to work within the limits of the pages given by the publisher and plan a good place to stop. This means that there might be things he has to cut out if he wants to stop at a good place. If you have read both light novel and manga of a work, you will be able to better appreciate that this effort requires skill and time. To top it off, this series (light novel) is by no means easy to read even for native readers. It's thus easy to think that even the mangaka needs time to do his research on the terms and quantum physics jargon and communicate with the author regularly to get his understanding right. The fact that he can use pictures to make some difficult parts easy to understand is already very commendable (parts which I have to re-read a few times in the novel to comprehend). What I'm trying to say is that the main series is by no means slow.

Oh yeah, if you are worried about how long Rettousei will take to finish, I can give you an estimate. The series will be a long one. For the original light novel series, the author has planned out 3 year arcs spanning 20 volumes, which, by my estimate, will probably run until 2015. Based on the length of the sub-arcs which range from normal (300 pages) to long (500++ pages), and from my past experiences of LN-to-manga adaptations, I reckon the manga will be around 25-30 volumes (or even more). Each chapter is about 30 pages so far, That will make about 6 to 7 chapters per manga volume. So yeah, you probably won't see it ending for at least a decade. You might drop it in advance if it's too long for you.

By the way, I meant no offense. Just trying to state some facts and share what I know as neutrally as possible.
I don't understand why're you're pissed. Since it has been explained about 4 times already, I think those who have read the comments understand what you guys are pointing out. There is no need to get angry at people you don't know.
For me, educating people through anger is less effective since it would scare them + the comment is super loooooong. Who wants to read it?
Just explain and leave it as is... If they don't know, just pm them or something. No need to repeatedly post the same thing full of anger in the comment section.
Posted Image
Oh huraah! An english translation, I can finally read this
Words can not

They are serialised in different magazines. Drawn by different artists. They are completely and utterly independant of each other. Publishing this series does not in any way affect resources available for the Rettousei manga. They are done by different people. The author has already gone far ahead of these storylines in the LN as you said. Therefore it is up to the artists and publishers to set the pace for the manga and the Rettousei and Yuutousei series have their own for both. Ok? Arrgh I'm pissed right now.
I say Hooray for more interesting stories...
I didn't say any of that....
No one said this should be canceled, no one said this series sucked so stop getting your panties in a bunch...

Back to the original point: The manga is clearly popular and the publisher intending to capture the demand for this particular story had two choices: increase speed on releases or release another story in parallel to the original. Obviously the latter was chosen. First, I would like to make one thing clear: The main story is currently on chapter 8 and only encompasses about 60% of volume 1 of the light novels. Yes, I read the light novels. At the current rate, it'll take 7-8 years to complete the manga provided that Volume 7 is the last to be published which I doubt.

Second, I get the argument that the two manga are independent of each other and we'll get two mangas each month which is an improvement; however, that does nothing for the fact that many of the readers will never ever see the end of this series. 8 years is a long time and for the average reader, I would imagine they'd grow out of their teenage years and into adulthood where this type of medium is not the norm. Anyways, you can say what you want, but personally, I'd rather be able to read the entire manga series before I get too old rather than read a spinoff and the original which I'll likely never finish either.
rather than complain about spin-offs, i think some of you guys should be content that there's more of this awesome cast of characters and a scanlator willing to pick it up. truly, the internet produces such ingrates that aren't needed in the real world.
@aquasilvia
And a sis-con? If you are going to add bro-con, you are going to need a sis-con right!?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics