Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 102votes)

Date A Live

Alt Names: alt พิชิต・รัก・พิทักษ์โลกalt デート・ア・ライブ
Author: Tachibana Koushi
Artist: Ringo
Genres: Action ActionHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: April 10th. Yesterday was the last day of spring vacation, so starting this morning it was a school day. After being woken up by his cute little sister, Itsuka Shidou believed that it would be the start of another normal day. As for predicting the chance meeting with the girl who called herself a spirit......

Along with a sudden shockwave, the townscape vanished without a trace. In a corner of the street which had now become a crater, the girl was there.

"—You, have you come to kill me too?"

She is the disaster that will destroy humanity, a monster of unknown origin, and a being rejected by the world. There are only two ways to stop this girl: annihilation, and conversation. His little sister Kotori, wrapped in a military uniform, thus said to Shidou: "Since it's like this, just go date her, and make the spirit fall for you!" "Wh.. whaaaaaaaat!?" Enter a new age of boy meets girl!!

Alternate Story:

> Date A Live - Dead end TOHKA
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-live-dead-end-tohka-r11726 )

Spin-Offs:

> Date A Origami
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-origami-r6566 )

> Date AST Like
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-ast-like-r9718 )
Go to Date A Live Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window TheSingleBest
  • 11 Replies
Topic Light Novel Volume 7? New Window Lord C
  • 0 Replies
Topic Date a live manga adaption gets restarted!! New Window Harbinger
  • 6 Replies

216 Comments

Well at least he got the ball rolling, sad about his past.
well the manga and anime copies usually cut out info, should read the LN to fill in the gaps for most cases
@Profane69

Unfortunately it didnt explain how he overcame his depression or he if he is even passed it to convince anyone that he is the most appropiate person for cheering people up.
xenoevil if you actually read the chapter you would understand that his sister is referring to his past, he understands how it feels so he reaches out to help.
Shidou seems pretty good at handling Tohka on his own. His sister's influence seems to mess things up.
>Do they have soybean sour bread? XD
Oh yeah, emotionally depressed people will all of a sudden want to help other emotionally depressed people. That make a lot of sense.
@TeddyG: Well, a bit of novel spoiler for my choice
Spoiler
yea tohka looks real hot in her school uniform and i think out of all the girls so far she is by far the best in my opinion love ya tohka
I have the oddest feeling that Tohka didn't know about "panties" and thus did not know to alter her outfit to include them.

...I have been watching way too much anime and manga.
It's been lurking in our recruit page, but I hope you like the new credit page we got for this ;)
wtf happened in page 17 of chapter 5?

I don't know if shes a psycho laughing, or if she's about to rape him...

It's seriously out of place, what was the artist thinking?
The LN is getting kinda ridiculous actually. And this manga is WAY behind, There are more girls including his "sister".
Every time I look at the MC's male friend I think of Buyuden...
Too many art styles clashing in my head.
Chapter 3 was one of the most horrible spontaneous trainwrecks of a manga I've ever seen. It went from having some potential to being a piece of crap in one chapter. Impressive. >: |
This seemed interesting at first but now it's just getting dumb...
Kotodama?
@bloodseed
There is, it's the 2nd tag... and because I read the LN.... it's really one...
no harem tag ??
Wow, I forgot I had this followed. Nice to see an update though.
well at least this got a green light for a anime so, you might see more of it soon.
Posted Image
Spoiler

her face is saying to me: "if you know what i mean"
@Oblivion0117 what I meant is that the art suddenly shifted so sudden... (Madan no Ou LN got a much worse case wherein just because of the art, they decided to stop the illustrator and so we got almost zero images in the 6th volume)
The art does not mach the story or characters at all. @3point1416, what's wrong with Madan no Ou? Even though it's not exactly the same as the LN I think the art and story progress is doing good so far... especially the art :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics