Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 102votes)

Date A Live

Alt Names: alt พิชิต・รัก・พิทักษ์โลกalt デート・ア・ライブ
Author: Tachibana Koushi
Artist: Ringo
Genres: Action ActionHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: April 10th. Yesterday was the last day of spring vacation, so starting this morning it was a school day. After being woken up by his cute little sister, Itsuka Shidou believed that it would be the start of another normal day. As for predicting the chance meeting with the girl who called herself a spirit......

Along with a sudden shockwave, the townscape vanished without a trace. In a corner of the street which had now become a crater, the girl was there.

"—You, have you come to kill me too?"

She is the disaster that will destroy humanity, a monster of unknown origin, and a being rejected by the world. There are only two ways to stop this girl: annihilation, and conversation. His little sister Kotori, wrapped in a military uniform, thus said to Shidou: "Since it's like this, just go date her, and make the spirit fall for you!" "Wh.. whaaaaaaaat!?" Enter a new age of boy meets girl!!

Alternate Story:

> Date A Live - Dead end TOHKA
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-live-dead-end-tohka-r11726 )

Spin-Offs:

> Date A Origami
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-origami-r6566 )

> Date AST Like
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-ast-like-r9718 )
Go to Date A Live Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window TheSingleBest
  • 11 Replies
Topic Light Novel Volume 7? New Window Lord C
  • 0 Replies
Topic Date a live manga adaption gets restarted!! New Window Harbinger
  • 6 Replies

216 Comments

ep 02 anime ...

it feels like strange version from TWGOK ... lololol ...

Yeah 2 days later and I'm still RAGE... Seriously 

tumblr_ma9bozba3e1r4t7nto1_400.gif

Also, does anyone know where I can read the light novel to this? Maybe it'll help ease the pain of the hole this manga has left inside me >_<

Date a live ight novel?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Date_A_Live

There are MANY light novels there, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite stratos, Seirei tsukai no blade dance, Sword art online and many others

Oh, and I really recommend Iris on rainy days, it is a short (compared to other light novels), but VERY beautiful and emotional story, really worth reading

Ah, and two more things:

Light novels are LONG, so take your time.

The pdf of EACH volume of Date a live has about 200 pages, To aru Majutsu no index even more (that one is somwehere at 30 volume in total, about 300 pages each)

About the anime:

The raw of episode 3 came out today, you can view them on http://www.animehere.com/anime/date-a-live.html or http://www.gogoanime.com/category/date-a-live, they should be done with translating it next week (I didn't really need much of a translation since I read the LN)

Oh, one more useful thing: http://www.mediafire.com/?6a6tgxa6o18vk#94ai2xleyi49f

Some good guy from Baka tsuki posted some downloads there

Additionally: Baka Tsuki made an app for mobile (android) devices too, called BakaReader Ex (lol the pictures even show some of the Date a live LN lol), I use that one too for convenience sake ;)

It automatically updates and you can download your favorite LNs for offline reading and also be notified about updates

Note:

Only works on smartphones, it WILL crash if you try starting it on a tablet (they are working on it though) so you will have to rely on the smartphone (where it works reliably)

best regards:

Harbinger

What... How.... That's it? GAH!!!! I feel bad for the author but I still can't keep back my frustration >_< I'm so RAGE right now!!!

Yeah 2 days later and I'm still RAGE... Seriously 

tumblr_ma9bozba3e1r4t7nto1_400.gif

Also, does anyone know where I can read the light novel to this? Maybe it'll help ease the pain of the hole this manga has left inside me >_<

What... How.... That's it? GAH!!!! I feel bad for the author but I still can't keep back my frustration >_< I'm so RAGE right now!!!

Dont give a damn, Tohka is a keeper.

I'd take her and all the pain that would come with it...

now jsut have to worry about that Warrior tusndere

part of her. Its gonna hurt.

2nd Episode is out and dubbed as well, I didn't expect they decided to reduce 4 Chapters into 2 episodes... next Episode must be the last for Tohka Arc: Surprise Date, Ruthless Sandalphon, and Life with a Spirit.

No, not 1st episode. Web (nico nico) Pre-air.

And pre-air sucks because I've seen too many for Spring series. Even RDG already has 3 pre-airs out, I wonder if it really had any actual episode at all. Hope Date-A-Live satisfies itself with only 1 pre-air, considering the TV broadcast is said to air on April 5th.

The first episode is out in English subs now. I wonder how the anime will fare o_o.

end? -_-

Spoiler
Its really sad that the author had to end this manga due to his health taking a toll, so all we can do is send our prayers and hop he gets better. This could have been one of the great mangas.
Sucks that this got cut short, for whatever reason. I'll have to check out the LN.
I hope other mangaka will try to adapt this manga in case Ringo end this one ... it's sad if the manga goes dead because the mangaka dead too ...
@Teddyg: No, the LNs are still goin on. The mangas done though, which is sad. The art style was unique/cute and I was waitin for the story to advance more.
Was looking foward to last longer D=
yea the manga and LN are dead and gone another series bites the dust o well and its done not going on Hiatus its ending so just like kaze no stigma it will just end thats life egt over it.
what? why? why not Imdalyoung or seo? why did this happen?!?!
just in
www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-23/date-a-live-manga-ends-abruptly-due-to-artist-health
@cloud04
Spoiler
@3point1416
there's a new better more "severe" for him
Spoiler
My, his case is so severe....
Spoiler
RoflCat is technically right...
He had a reason to stay in the middle zone, and that's because Tohka isn't the only spirit around...
but despite Tohka being jealous even at the first sight of a spirit. (She knew right away if Shidou goes with Origami or other spirits, but sometimes she bears it) She lets it go and tries to support him in his mission to save other spirits, and she is really in love with him (Tries to make sure that every moment with him is well used because of his conflicting schedule)

Also I love Yoshino, such a good girl:
Spoiler
@Portalboy
You are correct... in fact even a bra is a problem... (She never wore one until Volume 3)
@Xenoevil: He recover over time, it's nothing miraculous, just good ol time and nothing to make his depression worse.

@Wanderer: He's fine with the middle path (friend-level interaction), but not at the initial contact (like when he first met Tohka) or making it past the friend zone...
Spoiler
i cant wait for the anime to start airing ^_^ the LN's are so funny

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics