Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 46votes)

Bakuon Rettou

Alt Names: alt 爆音列岛alt 爆音列島alt Detonation Islandsalt Sonic Boom Islands
Author: Takahashi Tsutomu
Artist: Takahashi Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazei Takeshi moved with his parents to a new house and new school. One of his new friends is a motorcycle enthusiast and soon invites him to meet with his gang, the Zeros. Takashi comes to love motorcycles and soon gets involved in the gang's fights and issues. What has he gotten himself into, and is he ready to face the consequences?
Go to Bakuon Rettou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

111 Comments

The problem is that you can't extend that lifestyle for ever. A reality that I am sure the protagonist will face at one point.

In Japan, the zokus were primarily minors, under 20 (which is the legal age in Japan). Young delinquents, under constant pressure from the police.

At some point, when they aged, either they came back to a more "standard" way of life, or they fell deeper in the underworld and joined a yakuza group (with the prospect of prison eventually).

It seems the zokus of today are getting older in average. The end of an era. Kids now want videogames, not bikes.

These japanese bikers are/were rebels without a cause. They just rejected the oppressive japanese society which piled up expectations (school -> college -> work -> family... rinse and repeat..) on them. But what they failed to see is that the society they rejected was actually allowing them to follow that way of life. In the 80s, Japan was prosperous and as long as the bosozokus didn't commit crimes, they were pretty much ignored (but watched closely). It was easy to find a part-time job, earn money to buy a bike and gas. It was like a well nourished dog allowing fleas to feed on it.

Once the economic crisis arrived, in the 90s and later, the zokus dwindled in number, because living that carefree kind of life was much more difficult.

Takashi thinks he's so cool. But he's just lost on a dead-end path.

Ι like your analysis, but I don't think it's completely true. That way of life doesn't demand much money.

I live in a country with a crisis 3 times bigger than the one Japan has for the last 25 years now and people in that age lead similar lives.

I don't mean they are gangsters, but they do find part time jobs that pay them very little and without insurance.

You can't have your own home with that kind of income not to mention a family or other things adults usually have, but you sure as hell can save money to buy a second hand bike and get drunk occasionally with your pals.

The problem is that you can't extend that lifestyle for ever. A reality that I am sure the protagonist will face at one point.

As I can see it, manga has this kind of plot:

___

\

\______

\

\___________

With every new arc mc have gathering, but after it something bad happends. 

Thanks you reminded me of ShindoL! So sad and depressing... ;(

I totally agree with Nya-chan..., in our current era you can't have that kind of lifestyle or else you will end up being a beggar... Unless you are a rich kid and your parents gives you a tons of allowance

These japanese bikers are/were rebels without a cause. They just rejected the oppressive japanese society which piled up expectations (school -> college -> work -> family... rinse and repeat..) on them. But what they failed to see is that the society they rejected was actually allowing them to follow that way of life. In the 80s, Japan was prosperous and as long as the bosozokus didn't commit crimes, they were pretty much ignored (but watched closely). It was easy to find a part-time job, earn money to buy a bike and gas. It was like a well nourished dog allowing fleas to feed on it.

Once the economic crisis arrived, in the 90s and later, the zokus dwindled in number, because living that carefree kind of life was much more difficult.

Takashi thinks he's so cool. But he's just lost on a dead-end path.

Just you wait my friend..... Just you wait....

As I can see it, manga has this kind of plot:

___

\

\______

\

\___________

With every new arc mc have gathering, but after it something bad happends. 

Whole manga is pretty much about this, kid got nothing on his mind, so he grabbed something cool that was in his renge and now he is holding onto it.(bikes with Zero's) I think there will be no good ending for him as it seems.

Just you wait my friend..... Just you wait....

I think the MC is going on a path to self-destruction.

Whole manga is pretty much about this, kid got nothing on his mind, so he grabbed something cool that was in his renge and now he is holding onto it.(bikes with Zero's) I think there will be no good ending for him as it seems.

I think the MC is going on a path to self-destruction.

Man, that's not cool, put chap 44's 1st page in last page of 43

Damn

Lol'd at that Bruce Lee wannabe. So far gathering looks like walk in the park, something fishy in there? Or not... xD

But mother of MC... that's going to change plot.

Huge thanks for tranlsating this manga! Keep it up translator!

Damn, Mama Kase...

Is it me or was this chapter somewhat boring?

Well, it may not be the brightest idea to treat a guy, who's known for his short temper and who can beat the crap out of you effortlessly, as a walking wallet...

I am not sure whether I like or hate the MC right now. I like that he is determined to go down the path he has chosen for himself, but, man. He is an asshole. Usually I don't hate chars for that, but with this one...I dunno.

Whoa, that's a tough turn. Poor Manion.

Ending of Volume 7 is strong, he turned it all 180. Thank you for translation!

Fuck this is so good, thank you so much for scanlating it for us.

All hail our lord and savior, cheesus.

i'll proofread for you guys if you want!

thanks for the updates!

Minor mistake - in the end of ch.29 it's said "ch. 19 end". In all other - great update, thank you translator!

Thanks for another update, working on chapter alone is hard, thanks for your work! 

Thank you delinquent scans for picking up this awesome series. This is a great seinen!

Thanks for the massive update, man. Awesome content, though I do feel bad about Yuko.

Thanks a lot for picking this up guys, appreciate all the hard work you put into it and ROAR WITH THE WIND.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Full volume at once? Thank's guys! 

this is surprisingly good.

It get's a lot better. I have a big chapter dump almost ready where a lot of stuff happens.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics