Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 423votes)

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

Alt Names: alt となりの柏木さんalt โต๊ะข้างๆนี่แหละน่ารักalt Cerca de Kashiwagi-sanalt Di Samping Kashiwagi-sanalt 邻桌的柏木同学alt My Neighbor Kashiwagialt Next to Kashiwagi-sanalt Кашиваги-сан рядом со мной
Author: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Artist: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A guy named Yuuto (an otaku) is interested in a web artist known as "Sayane." Recently a girl at school named Kashiwagi Kotone over-heard a conversation about Yuuto liking the web art of Sayane; but it turns out the Sayane is Kashiwagi!?! Yuuto hasn't figured that out yet... but he got a job at his favorite anime shop and caught Kashiwagi in that anime shop...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Time_Kirara_Forward

Published in a Seinen magazine - please do not edit demographic to Shounen!
Go to Tonari no Kashiwagi-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic general manga discussion New Window Dai Satō
  • 39 Replies
Topic Main character New Window CrazyFruit
  • 7 Replies

1575 Comments

78 chapters later and he finally got somewhere

There truly is a god 

/me collapses in a puddle of goo from all the sweetness

It's sooooooo nice to have this series back again! XD

last volume! thanks vhirx!

don't be hasty man, 'cause you already said it. deserve it boy, but it won't be long to taste your fruit of love :D

I was legit fist-pumping when i saw this updated. 

Work on volume 12 commenced. next two chapters will be released together.

Well that's one down! You can do it!
aaaaaaaaaaaa
Work on volume 12 commenced. next two chapters will be released together.

I have some answers to your questions,
1. Because the author submit it to that particular publisher, and hey, it apparently sells! No problem there,
2. There are some shoujo romance with shounen-ish feeling and vice-versa, especially if the MC is the opposite gender and the art is not typical.

this series runs on houbunsha publishing & manga kirara
its definitely aimed at men/general audience who want to read SoL'ish human relationship manga, a hybrid between shounen & shoujo similar to seinen, but aimed at teenager

1 thing all houbunsha author shares are they all took their time to develop their character & finish between 50 or 60 chapter, fastest being somewhere in 30

Needs more Tina. Fuck all these other guys.

Still hoping for a Tina spin-off.

Looks like this is going to end soon, if graduation is the stopping point like it usually is.

Personally I would like it to continue with university slice of life and further couple progression (first lewd etc.) but considering they're going to different universities it would be rather difficult to pull off.

Spoiler

Looks like this is going to end soon, if graduation is the stopping point like it usually is.

Personally I would like it to continue with university slice of life and further couple progression (first lewd etc.) but considering they're going to different universities it would be rather difficult to pull off.

what the fuck is going on in this comment section

LEVEL UP!!!

Silly response to the mechanical pencil ninja people and ye of little faith in the merits of footwear:

Spoiler

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More serious, structural discussion on the impact and import of gifting:

Spoiler

While I really like what you said, I think that with the character development of these two, your expectation were a little too much.
Spoiler

To be fair, technically Mugi isn't in the friend zone any more, although he was for a long, long . . . long, time.  Now he's in the sexless zone.  Has a girlfriend, lives with her, he wants her, theoretically she wants him (for reasons unknown), but has now been stringing him along for uncounted years anyway just because.

Apologies in advance if it seems like I'm being sarcastic, I'm not: I have trouble seeing a difference.

(The following isn't a spoiler, just following policy.)

Spoiler

Jesus fucking christ man

Not going within several miles of evaluating whether posts are trolling, meta-trolling, deconstructed trolling, etc. But whether it applies here or not, this is virtually always a true point to make (no spoiler, just following image policy):

Spoiler

If she says no...

Spoiler

I agree with vhirx all the way.

Also, now that we're reaching the conclusion, I'll add that I'm disappointed in how the development of the two main characters just plateaud at some point and never went anywhere. I have always been ok with the really slow pace of the manga, but that's true as long as it was actually going somewhere. And by "somewhere" I don't mean the two of them dating, but the two of them growing up to the point you could go back to the first chapters and say "wow, we went a long way from here". That didn't happen as much as I would have liked.

I view the side characters/couples as the real story and the mc/s as the filler. I hope they enjoy many more years on the plateau since that's probably the only reason it hasn't been axed.

Spoiler

When your main ship just landed, but you have to wait for the next chapter.

Spoiler

The pencils are symbolic of the wish to go to the same university.

I agree with vhirx all the way.

Also, now that we're reaching the conclusion, I'll add that I'm disappointed in how the development of the two main characters just plateaud at some point and never went anywhere. I have always been ok with the really slow pace of the manga, but that's true as long as it was actually going somewhere. And by "somewhere" I don't mean the two of them dating, but the two of them growing up to the point you could go back to the first chapters and say "wow, we went a long way from here". That didn't happen as much as I would have liked.

Saya and Kazu continue to be too damn cute for me man

I love them

Also holy shit he finally made a move. AFTER 67 CHAPTERS I GET WHAT I WANT.

That's the whole point.  Trolling on purpose.  Trying to create that Kiss Manga or 4chan comment feel.  I upped the reading level a bit for the second joke and pushed it a bit out of troll range since the first one was lost.  Go read the One Snowshoe blog, my comments on /r/manga, etc., and you won't find curse words, superlatives, etc.  Generally, I have a capital-R rep for pedantic verbosity and another one for being an "SJW"... as if that's a bad thing.  Ha. 

Guess none of that has filtered through to some of the crowd that reads this thing.  Oh well.  Hope the second one gave you some chuckles.  ;)

Jesus fucking christ man

Well to be honest your joke doesn't feel like a joke to me.. It's probably because you're using some superlatives words like "the worst", "the most boring", "f words" making the tone somewhat rude and trollish in text.. Though with your current argument I got your point, it's just I can't link between your well thought argument and troll like jokes when I read your first comment. It's kinda weird but I'm sorry that I misinterpret your joke.

That's the whole point.  Trolling on purpose.  Trying to create that Kiss Manga or 4chan comment feel.  I upped the reading level a bit for the second joke and pushed it a bit out of troll range since the first one was lost.  Go read the One Snowshoe blog, my comments on /r/manga, etc., and you won't find curse words, superlatives, etc.  Generally, I have a capital-R rep for pedantic verbosity and another one for being an "SJW"... as if that's a bad thing.  Ha. 

Guess none of that has filtered through to some of the crowd that reads this thing.  Oh well.  Hope the second one gave you some chuckles.  ;)

Silly response to the mechanical pencil ninja people and ye of little faith in the merits of footwear:

Spoiler

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More serious, structural discussion on the impact and import of gifting:

Spoiler

Well to be honest your joke doesn't feel like a joke to me.. It's probably because you're using some superlatives words like "the worst", "the most boring", "f words" making the tone somewhat rude and trollish in text.. Though with your current argument I got your point, it's just I can't link between your well thought argument and troll like jokes when I read your first comment. It's kinda weird but I'm sorry that I misinterpret your joke.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics