Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 207votes)

Golden Time

Alt Names: alt ゴールデンタイム (Umechazuke)alt 青春纪行(漫画)alt Golden Time (Ume Chazuke)alt Золотая пора
Author: Takemiya Yuyuko
Artist: Umechazuke
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. “Freshman, congratulations”, was all she said, and then she left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.
Go to Golden Time Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest raw chapter New Window l.kostas
  • 1 Replies
Topic Golden Time Discussion New Window Sir Flash™
  • 13 Replies

678 Comments

wait so...

Spoiler

he was wrong, the original Banri was always there, but he just realized it recently, he cant realize before, coz he explain back then, he put everything in a box and shut it in, perhaps after the incident where he saw the image of him in the bridge, and the most vivid connection they ever had is when the night he was heartbroken by both kaga and linda and was running away, but that was a bad time , so he choose to "tell" his original to leave him alone, but after all what happened , the image havent shown itself again, yet,

he is trying to remember everything, but not all at once, in that case he will be replaced , or in other word, dead, and old banri will come back

its like when u make a clone of urself using magic, but the only safest way to undo it is slowly accept it each other, and become one, rather than eliminate one another so the other will claim the existence

he can remember, but slowly, fusing his 'old' and 'new' banri, acceptance is a long way especially when u lose ur memory and being left alone

there's a plot twist also, the original banri might be hiding inside him all along and refuse to interact coz from his last memory, he was stand out and got rammed by a bike or bicycle, and he thinks perhaps he better live in his happy memory when he was young (with Linda) because its too painful to live in real world where he didnt get to be together with her

he stayed in his memories too long and trapped there and forget and doesnt realizing what really happening until he saw a man with same face with him in that bridge

, and by there, he slowly remember everything and he's been leaving everything incharge to new banri without knowing he hurt his other personality too much, and that night he saw himself crying and running, perhaps he's trying to make everything right again and embrace his other half, but was refused....

thats from my opinion

PS:

this is the final arc isnt it? by the contents page, seems he's gonna have a cliche` romance manga "i have to oversea with my parents" and "i will take care of you, so stay with me because i love you too much to leave you "

and then the end

if this artist is nice, he will make after bonus, like in that manga with the legal loli sensei, pregnant and all , sheeet, such a happy ending

if i am wrong anywhere, please enlighten me, and please, i dont use the spoiler tags because i wan confusion to be clear out

these all were base in my opinion after straight read 23 chapter in one go for 5 hours

Well, i read the novel vol. 2 already but what you guy commented make me confused. Just reread, and here...

Spoiler

wait so...

Spoiler

Now i feel like i should go read the novel to understand whats is going on here...

This chapter (#23) corresponds to the second half of volume 3 chapter 1, and ends at precisely the same point as the chapter does.

Well, i read the novel vol. 2 already but what you guy commented make me confused. Just reread, and here...

Spoiler

Now i feel like i should go read the novel to understand whats is going on here...

Spoiler

So to put it simply: he literally lost his memory.

Spoiler

So did Banri lost his memory literally or he just woke up and felt that he and the past is stranger by how people treat him?

Spoiler

So to put it simply: he literally lost his memory.

Honestly if anything he's the person worst off. He lost most of his life and his memories. He doesn't remember anything, every moment people are expecting him to suddenly turn back into someone completely different and treat him like a stranger.

Linda had her chances all along, she chose not to take them over and over again and she isn't exactly a nice person either. She's extreme when it comes to keeping the status quo and protecting herself from any kind of hurt or danger. 

So honestly, I don't feel bad for her at all. She had it coming. 

So did Banri lost his memory literally or he just woke up and felt that he and the past is stranger by how people treat him?

I would like this so much more it had less of the angst-y drama with Linda, if they had skipped that whole 'love interest from before' part it would be so much better IMHO. 

You could call Banri's reaction realistic and fitting but... Runing and hiding is not a manly thing to do, and most of times is not the best option either, so I think it's time to Banri to man up and face his fears.

Damn I feel bad for Linda, although I believe Banri's actions are somewhat realistic. People hurt others to protect them self.

Honestly if anything he's the person worst off. He lost most of his life and his memories. He doesn't remember anything, every moment people are expecting him to suddenly turn back into someone completely different and treat him like a stranger.

Linda had her chances all along, she chose not to take them over and over again and she isn't exactly a nice person either. She's extreme when it comes to keeping the status quo and protecting herself from any kind of hurt or danger. 

So honestly, I don't feel bad for her at all. She had it coming. 

Damn I feel bad for Linda, although I believe Banri's actions are somewhat realistic. People hurt others to protect them self.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uUup5jRUc

What a load of bull. The anime has a ton of problems but voice casting is not one of them.

What we we ever do without Theoderich's trolling lol.

But yea...JC Staff, living up to your reputation for ruining series. Good thing you didn't do Tsukihime or anything.

need for speed tokyo drift? You sure you don't mean the fast and the furious tokyo drift?

lol thanks for that comment, edited it just now.
I was playing need for speed hot pursuit just before reading.

"As long as I can have fun with Kaga-san, it's fine. Even if I have to pay for it later."

Hey, Banri, want me to tell you how many bad endings in VNs I've gotten with that mentality?

#TheWayOfTheVisualNovelist.

those are interesting parents.

The anime has one major flaw: the seiyuu are not really a matching choice for the characters.

I'd rather choose Tanaka Rie for Kouko (talking in the Suigintou-style), I think she would've brought much more Kouko into Kouko, at least 100 times more than the boring Horie Yui ( I personally find her very annoying every time she gets a role in anime I watch).

Her voice just doesn't match the ladylike appearance of Kouko and turns her into some hyper-moe teenager although she should be presented as a young-adult.

Even the stalker-aspect gets ridiculed by that voice-over.

The only good, matching role so far was Kushieda Minori in ToraDora, and if you compare both roles and how they are acted out with exactly the same voice, it turns the "deep" Kouko into a "shallow" side-character who only seems to have two emotions (hyped and depressed).

I'd rather not talk about the male lead, the Seiyuu isn't that famous yet and maybe there wasn't a better fitting voice, no idea.

What a load of bull. The anime has a ton of problems but voice casting is not one of them.

The anime has one major flaw: the seiyuu are not really a matching choice for the characters.

I'd rather choose Tanaka Rie for Kouko (talking in the Suigintou-style), I think she would've brought much more Kouko into Kouko, at least 100 times more than the boring Horie Yui ( I personally find her very annoying every time she gets a role in anime I watch).

Her voice just doesn't match the ladylike appearance of Kouko and turns her into some hyper-moe teenager although she should be presented as a young-adult.

Even the stalker-aspect gets ridiculed by that voice-over.

The only good, matching role so far was Kushieda Minori in ToraDora, and if you compare both roles and how they are acted out with exactly the same voice, it turns the "deep" Kouko into a "shallow" side-character who only seems to have two emotions (hyped and depressed).

I'd rather not talk about the male lead, the Seiyuu isn't that famous yet and maybe there wasn't a better fitting voice, no idea.

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovely chapter! And I mean. LOVELY!!!!
Kouko is really million times better drawn in this manga compared to the Anime version!

I FREAKIN' LOVE KOUKO!!!!

P.S. Casanova!! As usual, thank you for updating my most favorite manga!

I tried to like the anime version.  I really tried.  But, as many other readers/viewers will attest, the anime just cut out way too much of what I felt was important to the story.  :\

man those two really live out the "love makes people act stupid" part. :D

"As long as I can have fun with Kaga-san, it's fine. Even if I have to pay for it later."

Hey, Banri, want me to tell you how many bad endings in VNs I've gotten with that mentality?

That very last part tho...
Fufufun~~

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovely chapter! And I mean. LOVELY!!!!
Kouko is really million times better drawn in this manga compared to the Anime version!

I FREAKIN' LOVE KOUKO!!!!

P.S. Casanova!! As usual, thank you for updating my most favorite manga!

this made me remember of need for speed tokyo drift when they were arrested by the police. lol
at the beginning

need for speed tokyo drift? You sure you don't mean the fast and the furious tokyo drift?

Status: Chapter 22 was the last from tankobon volume 4, and so we are out of really nice pages to work with . . . for the next two weeks.  Fortunately, we have the magazine version to translate from in preparation for the arrival of the next tankobon volume.

FWIW, we actually got done with a tankobon before the next one came out this time.  That's an improvement over the past.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics