Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 207votes)

Golden Time

Alt Names: alt ゴールデンタイム (Umechazuke)alt 青春纪行(漫画)alt Golden Time (Ume Chazuke)alt Золотая пора
Author: Takemiya Yuyuko
Artist: Umechazuke
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. “Freshman, congratulations”, was all she said, and then she left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.
Go to Golden Time Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest raw chapter New Window l.kostas
  • 1 Replies
Topic Golden Time Discussion New Window Sir Flash™
  • 13 Replies

678 Comments

The anime was okay, but the manga highlights the fun parts (personalities) of the characters better and it also handles the "spit personality" of Banri better. The anime was overdone on the drama bits. 

dont bother with the anime, its bad, at least for me

I don't think the anime was bad, but agree that manga is a lot better.

This is unexpectedly good! Good ol' seinen tag.

Tag is wrong. Manga is in Dengeki Daioh, which is shounen magazine.

This is unexpectedly good! Good ol' seinen tag.

so, it's like a split personality born from amnesia? I'm starting to get worried for Kaga-san.

And what's with the anime discussion? I never watched it since I heard there's quite the difference. Is it any good? If I watch it, would it considerably drop my enjoyment of this comic?

dont bother with the anime, its bad, at least for me

Kouko really looks lovelier in manga!!

The series has been tagged as "supernatural" since the very first light novel volume came out.

Spoiler

O.  I.  C.

Spoiler

so, it's like a split personality born from amnesia? I'm starting to get worried for Kaga-san.

And what's with the anime discussion? I never watched it since I heard there's quite the difference. Is it any good? If I watch it, would it considerably drop my enjoyment of this comic?

Don't make Kaga cry.... please.

Save yourself. Don't watch the anime.

So far this manga seems identical to the anime.

Wait a minute...why does it have a "supernatural" tag now?  That wasn't there before, was it?

The series has been tagged as "supernatural" since the very first light novel volume came out.

Spoiler

That dood Banri is trippin'. 

Don't go back banri, don't go back to her

You better be right. I'll take your word for granted ;)I don't think it's a matter of the translation. Maybe because it's more seinen, I've been reading too much fantasy LNs after all. I do have trouble following Seinen manga sometimes - they're less of a start-to-finish and more of a journey.. and I think that what tires me out.. I feel like seeing no light at the end of the tunnel :s

The anime is fine. It successfully manages to play as a straight story while at the same time being very trope savvy. Whenever it can, it subverts major tropes in order to make a point about an issue that is persistent in anime: Characters defined only by the person they like. In this regard, the anime succeeded splendidly.

You better be right. I'll take your word for granted ;)

From where I sit, the LN, the manga and the anime are all different.  The anime is very condensed, and somewhat sanitized (no obvious underage drinking).  The manga is funnier, and leaves off much of the depth which can be very hard to express in a graphic form.  And the LN is very difficult to translate compared to the anime or the manga.

I don't think it's a matter of the translation. Maybe because it's more seinen, I've been reading too much fantasy LNs after all. I do have trouble following Seinen manga sometimes - they're less of a start-to-finish and more of a journey.. and I think that what tires me out.. I feel like seeing no light at the end of the tunnel :s

Wait a minute...why does it have a "supernatural" tag now?  That wasn't there before, was it?  Are they qualifying...

Spoiler

I must say that the LN translation was painful to read for some reason. It got me lost too often.
I like the manga, but didn't the anime closely follow the manga? I haven't watched the anime because I was busy that season and have yet to marathon it.

I must say that the LN translation was painful to read for some reason. It got me lost too often.
I like the manga, but didn't the anime closely follow the manga? I haven't watched the anime because I was busy that season and have yet to marathon it.

From where I sit, the LN, the manga and the anime are all different.  The anime is very condensed, and somewhat sanitized (no obvious underage drinking).  The manga is funnier, and leaves off much of the depth which can be very hard to express in a graphic form.  And the LN is very difficult to translate compared to the anime or the manga.

Uh oh.

I read the LN, the manga, and watched the anime mmm...
I have to say I like the manga the most since it's easier too read than the LN which is very slow paced and using a weird third person perspective (which is actually unique) and more "complete" than the anime mmm...

Spoiler

Shit got real though.

This story, is both hilarious and sad, but mostly funny.

The "weirdness" of the LN translation comes from two things.  The first reason is that my understanding of Japanese has been (hopefully) improving over time.  I started translating the first LN volume nearly four years ago now, and I have not gone back to revise it.

The second reason is that the original text is, shall we say, rather unusual?  It confused the Japanese readers for a while too.  Nobody semed to know how to understand it when the narrator was suddenly somebody else, and worse, somebody who declared himself to be dead.

The anime is good, but I like the manga version better.

The manga version is better at showing the fun part of the story and also the character interactions (friendships). The anime is a bit more focused on the drama and Banri's struggle with his past. This makes the manga version a bit more balanced IMO. Not sure on the LN, but usually it is the best version.

I read the LN, the manga, and watched the anime mmm...
I have to say I like the manga the most since it's easier too read than the LN which is very slow paced and using a weird third person perspective (which is actually unique) and more "complete" than the anime mmm...

Im mad they cut out the part when Banri was outside of Mitsuo's apartment. That part up until the part when they were back at Banri's apartment had me rolling.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics