Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 102votes)

81diver

Alt Names: alt 81 Diveralt ハチワンダイバーalt Hachi Wan Daibaalt Hachi Wan Diver
Author: Shibata Yokusaru
Artist: Shibata Yokusaru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kentarō's former shogi teacher taught him to (metaphorically) dive into the 81 squares of the shogi board. Thus, his nickname is "81diver". He has failed to enter the professional league of shogi competition. However, he continues to play the game for a living by gambling at amateur shogi clubs.
Go to 81diver Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

204 Comments

Jesus!

TAKE THE WHEEL !

thats enough... you're... a shogi player

WHAT? why am i crying

This project has up to volume 18 translated (out of 35 volumes) by Kewl, I'm planning to clean and typeset a volume a week but let's see if I can do this faster since the summer anime sucks so far.

The good ones are concentrated on Friday-Sunday. The rest are mostly weak.

so confused right now just... wow

This manga got real.

The guy explaining about NY and the stakes was intense, like Morpheus explaining the Matrix level surreal. 

Seriously, goose bumps. 

Thank you for the new releases, I really look forward to it.

Awwww I thought this was the manga about the guys who salvage boats...

This project has up to volume 18 translated (out of 35 volumes) by Kewl, I'm planning to clean and typeset a volume a week but let's see if I can do this faster since the summer anime sucks so far.

Good luck and thank you.

Many thanks for the releases. Looking forward to see what will happen with this battle!!!

God, this manga is so dumb. I love it. It just doesn't stop does it? It just keeps going and going without stopping.

Dude is kicked through a window, MC has glass in his face, the chick keeps eating, and the doll-maker just reveals that he has a prosthetic arm. No one acknowledges any of it - but crazy shogi moves? That makes the MC freak the fuck out.

I... I don't think I've ever seen a 25 new chapter release before. Of anything.

i heard you like releases so i put a release within a release...within a release....within a release

I... I don't think I've ever seen a 25 new chapter release before. Of anything.

Jesus!

There's PLOT in next chapter (or the next one?) but the typesetter went MIA and we never got those chapters typeset. We are giving the title back to the translator because we didn't fulfill the agreement we had with releasing 2 chapters every week. Hopefully the translator will find a faster and better team to do those and future chapters...

Thank you all for reading our releases for this title and liking them.

Thank you for the releases.

When do we get back around to the "plot"?

There's PLOT in next chapter (or the next one?) but the typesetter went MIA and we never got those chapters typeset. We are giving the title back to the translator because we didn't fulfill the agreement we had with releasing 2 chapters every week. Hopefully the translator will find a faster and better team to do those and future chapters...

Thank you all for reading our releases for this title and liking them.

When do we get back around to the "plot"?

Good lord, Yokusaru always builds his girls like tanks.

So you lean towards this kind of girl: http://vatoto.com/read/_/328441/81diver_v4_ch31_by_aka-to-kuro/20 ? ;)

Good lord, Yokusaru always builds his girls like tanks.

pTdQ4Ze.jpg

UNDENIABLE !!!!! 

Better move that omake at the end of vol. 3, where it is now it's a massive spoiler :)

Noooooo, I can't accept that chapter ending.

*edit*

Nevermind.

...I have a feeling he's going to lose this one. I might be reading too deeply into it, but here we have exhibit A:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/153160/81diver_v2_ch13_by_utopia/13

And then, of course, exhibit B:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/280530/81diver_v3_ch26_by_tensai-scans/8

Spoiler

omg, finally someone continue this series, thank you very much

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics