Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 250votes)

Orange (TAKANO Ichigo)

Alt Names: alt オレンジalt Turuncu
Author: Takano Ichigo
Artist: Takano Ichigo
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The spring she turns sixteen, Takamiya Naho receives a strange, but detailed letter from herself, ten years in the future. At first she thinks the letter is a prank, but then the things written in the letter actually happen, including the arrival of the new transfer student who sits next to her in class, Naruse Kakeru. The letter reads just like her diary entries, down to the same characters. It is not until two weeks later, when Kakeru shows back up at school, that Naho finishes the letter. In the letter, her twenty-seven year old self tells her sixteen-year old self that her biggest regret is that Kakeru is no longer with them in the future, and asks her to watch him closely.

*More than 3 volumes. Publication is slow.
Go to Orange (TAKANO Ichigo) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic ~ LATEST CHAPTER DISCUSSION ~ New Window Hanan-chan
  • 21 Replies

183 Comments

Suwa, the ultimate bro. Friendship so awesome can be seen only in manga.
stepping aside i mean
poor guy, stepping outside to let those 2 together, i have the feeling that all of them have the letters....
@hero - Yeah, this is a good manga, love the way the story is progressing.
its really interesting. I am still now sure who is going to end up with naho, that actually doesn´t happen often in shoujo manga.
My happiness has been fulfilled now I CAN DIE IN PEACE!
I just want to run outside and shout at the sky, "SUWA!" like a total crazy person. I somewhat expected something like this to go down, but man--so many feels! Blargh.

My love for Suwa skyrocketed. <3
One of best manga i've ever read.. sweet, fluffy, cute, and sometimes it makes you shiver ( out of the sheer awesomeness of the plot ) . Its drawings are also awesome. To describe this manga in as few words as possible is: next to perfect. Highly recommended =w= made me cry QwQ
@TheRater

Lol. You feel bad for present-Suwa because he possibly won't end up with present-Naho? Though if we are realistic here, he can probably be happy with a different woman, but that's beside the point. You don't feel bad for Kakeru though he feels responsible for his mother's demise? That is wrong in so many ways.
I absolutely love most/all of Takano Ichigo's works, this included. YMT and Orange <3 It's a shame none of her series on Batoto are completed, but I've read through them anyways.
I was kinda disappointed by this chapter at first. This is a fairly light-hearted manga most of the time, but the tragic implications floating overhead were an incredible spice. Now that they spelled it out, it didn't have quite the emotional impact I was bracing myself for. But those last few pages blew those thoughts away. Suwa getting a letter changes the situation so much. I'm still hoping she gets together with Kakeru, but my respect for Suwa just skyrocketed.
WOAHHH, the development ;x]
:( Suwa deserves LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:
NO. FREAKING. WAAAAYY. O_O
i dont really feel sad reading this tbh. i had a friend that committed suicide as well.feel bad, i was one of her only like 5 friends, she said i was the nicest and tbh i was pretty mean. self destructive people are sometimes that way because their "friends" arent really friends. though in this case he had nice friends, he was killed by his own guilt. i dont really feel that bad for him, i feel bad for the girls future husband.
Well, HammerU, you know where to go for that, right? Love So Life, Yotsuba!, Gakuen Babysitters. Concentrated rainbow happiness.
Those'll give you what you need to come back here and face the beautiful sadness.
Damn, I think I need to go snort a rainbow or drink some unicorn blood to feel better after reading this chapter.

I hope the author can keep this up and nice twist at the end, too.
i just love this story :):):):) many thanks to the scanlators, i can't wait for the next one!!
Woah! Big twist! :o
Nice, its getting interesting.
Its hard to deal with deppresive people, they can have friends, family and all a person needs but they still feel really desppresed, which leads to suicide, so sad.
i mean loop hole in this story's time.

Duh, i hate it when i couldn't edit it. and the double comment.. -___-
@YanYan : because in this manga theme, there is a parallel world, not just one world. So the future could sent the letter to the past in another parallel world. Anything that the past do, won't affect in future cause they're in the different world. That's why you may see a lot of loop time in here.

Suprisingly..
Spoiler
@YanYan : because in this manga theme, there is a parallel world, not just one world. So the future could sent the letter to the past in another parallel world. Anything that the past do, won't affect in future cause they're in the different world. That's why you may see a lot of loop time in here.

Suprisingly..
Spoiler
Geez people stop thinking about the time paradox and stuff, you head will exploded. Of course there is a flaw, and tons of paradox, hence one of the reason why most scientist believe that going back in time is next to impossible.

Just enjoy this great cute yet dark(ish) story and put your brain on pause, or you might not enjoy it.

(p.s. this is coming from a third year Physics student xD)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics