Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 250votes)

Orange (TAKANO Ichigo)

Alt Names: alt オレンジalt Turuncu
Author: Takano Ichigo
Artist: Takano Ichigo
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The spring she turns sixteen, Takamiya Naho receives a strange, but detailed letter from herself, ten years in the future. At first she thinks the letter is a prank, but then the things written in the letter actually happen, including the arrival of the new transfer student who sits next to her in class, Naruse Kakeru. The letter reads just like her diary entries, down to the same characters. It is not until two weeks later, when Kakeru shows back up at school, that Naho finishes the letter. In the letter, her twenty-seven year old self tells her sixteen-year old self that her biggest regret is that Kakeru is no longer with them in the future, and asks her to watch him closely.

*More than 3 volumes. Publication is slow.
Go to Orange (TAKANO Ichigo) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic ~ LATEST CHAPTER DISCUSSION ~ New Window Hanan-chan
  • 21 Replies

183 Comments

The part where Kakeru just wrote a letter to the others hit pretty hard for chapter 3 of a series. I'm impressed so far.
@Purple Library Guy: I don't know about the other manga, but Naho did get that orange juice from Kakeru. It's not central to the plot or anything, but it passes as a metaphor. I figure it only tasted sweet and sour because Naho let him go out with the other chick. Had Kakeru turned her down, she probably would've just called it sweet. And then maybe the original timeline's juice was plain sour.
@HammerU89 your welcome sorry it wasn't the right one I'm glad you found it though hope you enjoy reading it :)
0.0 i can't believe it!!!!!!...........the italian version already has chapter 5......and the english ver. is still in chapter 4 x_x........i want to read the latest chapter :(
I think my brain is burning 'coz I'm thinking too much about temporal paradoxes
Incidentally, what is with all the manga titles with "Orange" in them? Aside from this one, I've seen "Orange Kiss", "Strange Orange" and a few more, usually with nothing in the story that relates to either the colour or the fruit. Is there some significance, some connotation about "orange"? (I sort of remember there is one for "lemon", or used to be)
Does anyone know whether or not the scanlators dropped this manga? Or is there a different reason for them not being uploaded?
@StrawberryChocolate, thanks for the effort. I finally discovered what it was. It was an extra oneshot from the manga Boku Ni Natta Watashi called The Change of Feelings Line.
I just want to read the ending right away :l
@ HammerU89 is it a manga called Orange Chocolate? it sounds similar
Anyone know the title of another manga that's similar to this only it's with three childhood friends instead? I believe it's only a couple chapters long, or maybe even a long oneshot...
Ending of ch. 4 - she's pretty dumb lol
I don't know why but somehow I can get myself to cry/tear everytime I read this manga. It's super touching in a way.
Looks interesting. Follow :D
i hope she would be able to end up with him on the other side of the parallel...

^^
Ch.4 was great! Naho finally got up the courage. :)
Dang, my feelings are a mess at the moment because of this >.<
Aw man. Usually don't like tragedies, but Naho and Kakeru's relationship is what's making me follow this one.
Spoiler
I usually hate normal manga about high-schoolers and high-school romance and whatnot. So maybe it's the foreboding atmosphere of death, the mysterious charm of time-travel, or the somewhat helpless desperation that comes with trying to change the past. Maybe it's just well-written. Whatever the case, I'm absolutely loving this manga. Thanks for sharing guys.

(PS: This isn't really a place for conversation or recent chapter discussion. If you want to do that, you could make a topic in the subforum. But the comment section should just be for general comments about the manga.)
Spoiler
I'm really enjoying this one so far. Naho's probably one of my favorite shoujo heroines ever.

My question is:

Spoiler
Woah, sorry, totally forgot the spoiler tags! Don't read my comment, if you haven't read up till chapter 4!
That's only the case if it was really a car accident with the two of them involved. For the worst case scenario and Kakeru somehow killed himself or let himself hit by the car, he can be rescued by Naho when she gets him out of his depression. So there is still hope for a real happy ending. It is just like what others already mentioned, what will happen to good guy Suwa, it already seems like he got friendzoned, damn!

Chapter four is totally a scary case of overly attached girlfriend again! So frightening!
Spoiler
It's only the fourth chapter, and I'm already close to tearing.I hope that the author would let Kakeru be saved TToTT But what will happen to Suwa if that happens? I really like his character >o<
This is unbelievably great. I ran out of words from my vocabulary before I could find the exact one to doescribe this.

As I read through the lines, I can see myself cheering for Naho. Great great great great.

Lets support the
"Go Save Kakeru Project"

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics