Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 250votes)

Orange (TAKANO Ichigo)

Alt Names: alt ă‚ªăƒ¬ăƒ³ă‚¸alt Turuncu
Author: Takano Ichigo
Artist: Takano Ichigo
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The spring she turns sixteen, Takamiya Naho receives a strange, but detailed letter from herself, ten years in the future. At first she thinks the letter is a prank, but then the things written in the letter actually happen, including the arrival of the new transfer student who sits next to her in class, Naruse Kakeru. The letter reads just like her diary entries, down to the same characters. It is not until two weeks later, when Kakeru shows back up at school, that Naho finishes the letter. In the letter, her twenty-seven year old self tells her sixteen-year old self that her biggest regret is that Kakeru is no longer with them in the future, and asks her to watch him closely.

*More than 3 volumes. Publication is slow.
Go to Orange (TAKANO Ichigo) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic ~ LATEST CHAPTER DISCUSSION ~ New Window Hanan-chan
  • 21 Replies

183 Comments

I really do like the pace that this is going at, and I'm glad it stays this way. It lets us enjoy the building of their relationship as well as think about possible scenarios. Not that the future chapters are really that much of a mystery, as a reader it's not hard to see where this will be going.

I do have to say though, that..
Spoiler

prepare for a large paragraph above.
Now... that was unexpected!
@BlackHayate you are totally right (it's not quite possible,also Kakeru is too young),i just get these ideas and write them down before thinking too much about it.i just wanted something like that to happen tbh,it would have been a nice plotwist.sigh.
@Javia I don't really get that vibe... I think the author's added in parallel worlds and time travel to give a better sense of the two settings. Previously, they were described as the future and the present exclusively, with a kind of immutable quality. Now that a branching path has been made possible, the two settings are distinguished as the present, and alternate future. So the future setting can remain plausible, when it's no longer possible for it to occur due to this present, given what choices Naho has made thus far.

Personally, I think Kakeru is crippled by the emotional aftermath of the suicide of his mother. I think she's opened his eyes to the selfish choices you make that affect those around you for the worse (such as suicide), and he's left wondering if any choice which would make him happier (presumably, his mother thought she'd be better off dead) would make those around him unhappy... because wanting to be happy is a selfish wish, right?

This would also fit in thematically with Naho's problems as well- she can't act for herself because she wants everyone to be happy (to the detriment of herself), but Naho and Kakeru both have the power to act for each other to make the other happier. Being able to make someone else happy is and idea that is very prevalent throughout this story.
Kakeru's totally from the future. it's like, you know the multiple parallel worlds thing the teacher was talking about,like he is traveling again and again back in time trying to make everything perfect and everyone happy or that's how it looked to me. What do you think?

anyways i like the manga but Naho sometimes pisses me off ,not that i dislike her or anything,but she has such a weak personality you can barely see much difference with most "goody-two-shoes","needs to be protected" heroines.i really wanted her to,i don't know, pretend going and then trow the juice boxes at those gals faces and start running to see Kakeru or something more...excitingthat go along with those gals who obviously don't like her. sigh.
bellissimo :.-)
BowlofNoodles--Yeah, I've been assuming it's a suicide pretty much from the beginning. Both the way the plot goes and the aura Kakeru tends to give off make me feel that way.
Ch 7 was really nice . . . but for me not quite as optimistic as it might seem.
Spoiler

At the same time as I'm finding it very sad, touching, and beautiful, I must admit there's a prosaic part of me muttering, "Man, that boy needs a good lay."
It would be very sad if the future got totally erased. So I really hope the parallel world thing it is.
27-Naho seems to be sure of it, I mean she doesn't seem to be a person who would erase her own child just to get back her first crush.
Ch7!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
I really do love this manga, and I agree with BowlOfNoodles, it seems like there's so much more to Kakeru's death given the hints we've been given so far.

This manga is so sad at times, but it's just so cute and heartwarming too!
The author has me wanting to cry one moment then has me smiling the next.
After reading chapters 6 and 7, I get the feeling that Kakeru dying was more than an accident and it kinda feels like the future selves know the reason why, like it was a suicide or something.
Why does it always in Italian? - _ -
I haven't read chapter 6 yet, waiting for Simple Scans, but I'm calling it now; Suwa also got a letter from the future, meaning he is intentionally sabotaging his future relationship with Naho.

And that's really Sad for him, especially since being able and willing to do something like that easily catapults him to the upper most levels of the "Awesome Character" list.
Based on Chapter 5, and already existing Thoery of Parallel Universe, and what Naho was saying, i don't think the future of where Naho and Suwa are together will change. 27-Naho might have send the letters in the past knowing that the current future will not change. And it might have been a way to get rid of her regerts by just knowing that by sending the letter in the past, she will know that the regerts will go away from her other self the one she is changing by saving Kakeru. So basically she might have send the letter knowing that a parallel universe will be created one in which she is able to save Kakeru, and possibly be with him, but mainly to fullfill her promise to him?

at least that is the way im seeing it all, as to not feel bad about 27-Suwa and 27-Naho's future. and Im Pretty sure 27-Naho wouldn't be that cruel to regret having a child and want to change it.

working theory anyway, might add more after i learn more.
Ugh, waiting for the Simple Scans release for this one... Sorry bxs but Simple Scans really do put out a better product.
Suwa! <3
My heart feels for you.
This is a great manga, a touching one too. It makes me think if only I had such a chance to fix my regrets and how I will feel when I open my time capsule in years time.

Don't die Kakeru T^T
kind of sad for future Suwa then. The future Naho is sad enough and regrets about the past so much that her letters bearing every little details about her encounter with Kakeru transcended time and space. I dont know how I'd feel if I found out the mother of my child is still that hung up on her first crush/love.
Is it the trend nowadays? The art style looks so much alike. Most shoụo mangas I read all looks like this.
i like this manga!
everyone have their own best scenario..
the future Naho is ended up with Suwa who is very gentle and kind.
and the present Naho might end up with Kakeru who she loves..
uuu.. i love it >.<
WHY IS MANGA SO SAD. Make the tears stop :'(
Oops, scratch the bxsmanga doing this one. They were just doing up to chapter six.
Looks like bxsmanga is picking this one up as well. Chapter 6 is out at their site.

As for the split timeline I wonder if the author is doing it that so everyone can be happy. In the one time line that's already happened she ends up with Suwa, so is this new time line being done so Kakeru can live and be with Naho? Nonetheless it's pretty good so far even with the cliche.....
Spoiler
Hmmm, NyuuuuSaaaan, you have a point.
Meanwhile, chapters keep on being cuuute and touching.
Plus, as an SF fan I am happy that the mangaka has a clue about time paradoxes and whatnot. It's a bit of a surprise; the letter seemed like an almost magical thing so I'd been figuring they'd just kind of skip all that, plus so often manga and anime flub all that horribly. But no, this author is sophisticated enough to napalm time paradox with the many-worlds interpretation--sweet! And then writer enough to consider the emotional implications. Really, this is good.
Only 5 chapters still, and I'm loving this to bits!
Can't wait to read more!! :3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics