Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 437votes)

Hayate no Gotoku!

Alt Names: alt ハヤテのごとく!alt Hayate the Combat Butler
Author: Hata Kenjiro
Artist: Hata Kenjiro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ayasaki Hayate, 16, the world's unluckiest boy.
Working hard as a child for food and school fees, his unemployed and indebted parents sold him to the yakuza for his internal organs. After temporarily escaping the criminals and contemplating the benefits of a life of crime, he was saved by a wealthy young girl, who now employs him as a live-in butler.
Go to Hayate no Gotoku! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hayate manga download New Window ash111
  • 1 Replies
Topic missing chapter New Window firathmagi
  • 0 Replies
Topic Hayate no Gotoku [spoilers] New Window defry
  • 3 Replies
Topic Have you viewed the anime? New Window Baltringue29
  • 6 Replies
Topic I really can't understand Hayate's preference... New Window S&Mplayer
  • 11 Replies
Topic Why do you enjoy this series? New Window rockingoldensamurai
  • 8 Replies

3443 Comments

Oh and they forgot about the maid + kid shop

Actually there's one whole panel on page 13 dedicated to them. She's wearing an engagement ring and Wataru is blushing, so we can assume that ended happily. Still though, one panel...

I feel like this whole manga was an elaborate joke and the true punchline was the confirmed ship. Well done Hata, you magnificent bastard.

Now that the dust has settled and i'm slighly less mad, i decided to read the final chapters of Hayate.

Spoiler

Thus the manga's final chapter has been released. Hope you like it, although the end is not the most satisfying one.

Thank you very much for all these years and cheers for the great work. Really, thank you!

There are some cases - first that comes to my mind is

Spoiler

That's one example the other would be

Spoiler

If i were to check me reading history i'm sure i would find a few others unfortunately i would have to check one by one :P

Spoiler

Not wanting to be a bore or anything, but please put this in a spoiler tag. it's far too long for a comment section.

Was there ever a harem manga - where the ending wasn't purposefully left ambigiuous - where the MMC didn't end up with the primary chick?

There are some cases - first that comes to my mind is

Spoiler

The ending IS the gag. ;-)

In all seriousness, gag comedy was always ahead of plot. That's why there are tons of dangling plot threads and a ramrodded Nagi x Hayate ending.

Nice. (^ ₒ ^)۶

Having trouble digesting this big ball of unresolved feelings.

To me, it was kinda like... going on a year-long trip through several different countries, getting to know new people and cultures, having wonderful experiences, and realizing at the end

a sad thought, not a spoiler

Oh and they forgot about the maid + kid shop

If you compare the art from the beginning to the end... I never noticed the point where hata started using electronics to draw the art. When did that happen?
Yeah.
Spoiler

The ending wasn't that bad. Carrying the evangelion reference right to the end, huh

I've seen comments about the ending and such.  There was no other way around it.  all through the manga and the anime they have stated that there is a lot more than just "brotherly love" between Hayate and Nagi. 

On the other hand, what is so wrong about that?  Besides, there was no way that he could or would end up with any of the characters.  His other potential, his school friend (whose name escapes me and who is the one who woke him up in the end) is too mild to be a partner to someone so strong.  

For the rest of the girls, they are all "hime-sama", so Hayate has no business dealing wtih them.  My japanese sensei tells me that it is a big no-no in Japan for a male to marry with a wealthy woman.  Such marriages are consciously averted by males, so it would even make more sense for Hayate to avoid all and any "hime-sama"s.   Since Nagi lost everything she had -which is the odd part as I would assume that the grandfather at least would provide her with a stipend and the cousin would do something similar-  now she is reachable to Hayate's level.

What baffles me a bit is, why on earth does Nagi's cousin get to keep the weird power that was supposed to be avialable only while they chased for the King's jewels?  And, on Nagi's previous butler...WTH?  he gets back 50 years?  so he's back to being a young man with all the memories of an old one?  that kinda sucks!

I would have loved tho to see a little bit more punishment for Hayate's parents....  Still so far the worst ones IMHO.

Worst girl takes the prize:    Check
Best girl loses: check

"Worst girl" in this case was the main love interest(if it can be called such) all along. In every harem manga there is the "primary chick" and all the others are there just to give nerds a wider selection of girls to slobber over and to pad the running time.

Was there ever a harem manga - where the ending wasn't purposefully left ambigiuous - where the MMC didn't end up with the primary chick?

So I don't know why you people always expect something different to happen...

P.S. Last time I read this manga was about a decade ago, no joke. Now I read only the final chapter out of curiosity... what the fuck is even going on lol, some fantasy other word nonsense? People getting HUGE? And from the comments, the previous 19 "ending" chapters didn't end jack shit lol. So glad I dropped it. Serves you guys right for reading a harem.

All this time I thought Hata-sensei put comedy > plot, yet the absence of a ridiculous gag at the end made it all too real...

Thank you, Hata-sensei. It's been a wonderful 13 years.

The ending IS the gag. ;-)

In all seriousness, gag comedy was always ahead of plot. That's why there are tons of dangling plot threads and a ramrodded Nagi x Hayate ending.

All this time I thought Hata-sensei put comedy > plot, yet the absence of a ridiculous gag at the end made it all too real...

Thank you, Hata-sensei. It's been a wonderful 13 years.

Ever since the last arc looks so rushed, I just couldnt help myself to expect nothing. So I dont really care anyway, but seeing trio otaku living together is reallyyy nice thing to see, I meant it, damn they're so precious and thats all I care. Despite all the negatives, it actually fun ride, I dont even know why I could managed to read ton of plotless chapters and still keep reading Hayate no Gotoku until the end. Thanks Hata.

as a long standing reader and fan that was honestly a terrible ending... near the top of what not to do 101.

Holy cow, in this 13 years of journey maybe I came to join around 10 or maybe 11 years ago and I don't regret every single minute spending reading this manga mmm...

So it's finally over and this is the ending I get. Someone please help me and tell me this isn't true

Yep, it's true.

#NishiwazaBestGirl

Indeed, and she didn't appear at the last chap

--

578 chapters passed so that me likes Nagi, and even so... bueno, lo que da, da...

No puedo creer que haya vivido casi 10 años de mi vida en esta serie, ha sido mucho tiempo, este es mi primer manga que lei, ha sido divertido, aunque el final es mas o menos, eso no quitara todo lo demas del manga, añayki, sulpayki

So hinagiku fleet sunk admirably in the end Damn it Hata!

Loose ends galore:   Check

Mysterious hinted past of at least half a dozen characters left completely unexplained: Check

Worst girl takes the prize:    Check

Best girl loses: check

Emotional montage showing all the characters with vacuous purple prose in the background: Check

Unsatisfying resolution: Check

Feelings of having been scammed after 13 years of investment: Check

Your typical manga ending: π/ω

Would rage again.

Adapting an old rhyme once more:

Hata-sensei took an ax and gave his manga forty whacks.

When she saw what he had done, Hina gave him forty-one.

but hayate disappearing for 2 years then just showing up to date nagi makes no sense.

I refuse to believe he disappeared, since as you say that makes no sense. As I theorized earlier:

Spoiler

uh what is this?

sad ending for hinagiku

where is my a-tan?

maria?

and again wtf is this ending?

Shitty ending is shit

Spoiler

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics