Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 92votes)

Seiketsu no Haguruma

Alt Names: alt Blue Blood Gearalt Blue-Blood Gearalt Cog-Wheel of Blue Bloodalt 青血のハグルマalt 청혈의 하구루마
Author: Hanao Kohei
Artist: Hanao Kohei
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Long ago, there existed two different groups of people. One had red blood and the other had blue blood. They co-existed peacefully, but eventually they started to hate each other and a war broke out.

The massive red blood army initially overwhelmed the blue blood but with the help of new technology developed by Kodo, the prince of the blue blood, the blue bloods were victorious. The new technology, called the Haguruma, is a powerful robot type machinery capable of devastating destruction.

As the red blood people were enslaved, Kodo saw what monstrosity his Haguruma was being used for. Helpless red blood people were being hunted down and murdered. Overwhelmed by guilt, Kodo rescued the refugee red bloods and refused to build any more machines. His father, the king, ordered him to be executed, but he barely escaped and now without a home, he must survive on his own.
Go to Seiketsu no Haguruma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this horror genre? New Window Egoist
  • 6 Replies

127 Comments

EDIT:         .............. Why does it say complete? .. !?

According to Mangaupdates this series is already finished at 6 volumes, however I don't believe the series has been scanned and translated all the way to the end yet

Spoiler

One word: DAMN.

Spoiler

EDIT:         .............. Why does it say complete? .. !?

The Former Ottoman Empire is now Turkey not Iran, Iran used to be Persia AKA the Ottomans worst enemy please get your facts proper

So... the brother is trying to force Kodo to make the "right" choice? Is he trying to push him into strengthening his determination for coexistence? Someone clarify it for me. I'm stupid. :huh:

Ahh shit the thing from the cover shit is going down I repeat shit is going down

@Purple Library Guy, the U.S. is in it for the oil.  Yeah the U.S. is in it for power, and well not sure if it's making money.  You could call the nations excuses cute, but you can find people today who  claim that the Armenian genocide in the former Ottoman Empire never happened (witch is todays Iran), or that Japan didn't rape and torture half of Manchuria.  And the inferiority card goes both ways, you know that, it takes two to make a struggle. (unless you're a deep thinker, or bozonkers)

Better than Tripeace.

so confused

Is it only me or the art of the faces seems different ?

They didn't need the resources to survive. We blockaded war resources so we wouldn't be a part in their war crimes. Other than that you're right. No side is entirely to blame and there is no justification for excessive retaliation.

IMO you're right and you're wrong.  True, Japan needed the resources more to continue being local imperialists in their area.  And pretty nasty about it they were, too.

But the US didn't give a flying about war crimes, they blockaded Japan because they didn't want any little brown people thinking they could be as important in the Pacific as the US.  The US wanted all the imperialism and war crimes for themselves (and maybe for other Europeans) thanks very much, no local competitors need apply.  Same reason they're annoyed with Iran now--Iranians want an independent foreign policy and to influence the region they're in, and the US isn't interested in anyone except the US influencing the Middle East, or even not saying "how high" when the Americans say "Jump!", so Iran has to go.  They have some cute excuses just like they did with Japan back in the day, but that's all they are; it's about power and money like it always is.

Dat phrasing keeps telling me this:

Spoiler

• Japan was being embargoed and they needed resources to survive.

They didn't need the resources to survive. We blockaded war resources so we wouldn't be a part in their war crimes. Other than that you're right. No side is entirely to blame and there is no justification for excessive retaliation.

lol, when he was talking about using azumas parts for his organs, in my head was this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sSRQCMq1gB8#t=32s

I can only hope he does something that awesome lol

whoa..zombie/frankenstein girl..and what happened to suzuna the red blood girl he saved whose brother died? and either usane lost her voice due to psychological trauma or her tongue was cut or something was done to silence her w/o cutting off her tongue. took too long so i forgot some parts xD

Goddammit, one chapter after so long, and all it does is make me want another chapter right now.

This fricking series, man.

So lost right now. 

Spoiler

What happened to Usane? Thanks for the update!

I totally forgot about this. Glad to see they picked it up again.... Now the wait of finding out what happened in the time skip...

I can't wait that long!

I feel that the red bloods deserve the genocide brought upon them by the blue bloods since they initiated the conflict in the first place.

Well, people start the war for a reason. If you have read the history, e.g. Japan on the Pacific war, we can see all of them are not black and white. They took the Pearl Harbour first, but it was because at least of these two things: (cmiiw)

• Admiral Perry torn the dignity of Japanese empire by broke the blockage and forced them to do trades.
  • Japan was being embargoed and they needed resources to survive.

I'm not telling Japan is a bright one. They also torn many Asian countries, including China. They raped women and made many slaves (Romusha) working for them.

So, yeah, like the story trying to tell, a hurt making people hurt others. The cycle goes on because many new ones sucked into that circle of hate.

i know this is a bit late, but seriously though, just because u're a mix of blue blood and red blood, that doesn't make u a purple

Man, this manga is tough for me.  Given my own colour, I don't know who to support!
Spoiler

An update, at last

@MrPoogly

Except the whole "war" is based on false narration. Reds declared war on the Blues first? Then why didn't the Reds simply win/end the war?

Vice versa, if the Reds declared war on the Blues first, why didn't the Blues simply win/end the war when they got Kodo's weapons?

No one goes from "war of self-defense/self-preservation/survival" to "lets enslave/commit genocide against the other side!" just because you suddenly develop better weapons.

I feel that the red bloods deserve the genocide brought upon them by the blue bloods since they initiated the conflict in the first place.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics