Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 182votes)

Kuroshitsuji

Alt Names: alt Black Butleralt El Mayordomo Negroalt 검은 집사alt 黒執事alt Kara Kahyaalt Piru Hovimestariksialt خادم سیاه
Author: Toboso Yana
Artist: Toboso Yana
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Among the noble families of Victorian England exists Sebastian Michaelis, butler to the Phantomhives. He has unquestionably impeccable knowledge of all subjects, including etiquette, martial arts and cooking, as well as talents in every other area imaginable.

However, though Sebastian is undeniably perfect, he is forever destined to meet the needs of his 12 year old master, Ciel. Wearing a black tailcoat whilst gracefully brewing the world's strongest red tea, why is it that such a high class butler chooses never to leave the side of such a frustrating master? And what is the truth behind his perfection? The secrets of Sebastian and the tragedies of his cunning young master slowly unfold as the duo goes up against many terrible and unexpected foes.
Go to Kuroshitsuji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kuroshitsuji's Latest Chapter Discussion New Window ndanix
  • 18 Replies
Topic Who is the best Kuroshitsuji character? New Window yamikami
  • 11 Replies

335 Comments

Did the language barriers just suddenly break down? ^ ^

Oh, you know, how it is... I think everybody agrees aiming at somebody's head from a gun is a language very universal and legible.

If its got taken down by DMCA, why there is no such information telling us not to upload more chapters here? ._.

What is actually happened?

Apparently all the requests have been chapter by chapter.  Site is taking down what they ask for, no less and no more.

Did the language barriers just suddenly break down? ^ ^

Maybe it's magic, maybe it's mustard gas. I love the twists and turns.

Next up, how to engineer the deadly virus ebol... uh, EboRu, from the safety of your base... err, Warlock Dungeon.

Ebola-chan

Next up, how to engineer the deadly virus ebol... uh, EboRu, from the safety of your basem... err, Warlock Dungeon.

It seems Toboso is back full force with modern technology. Personally I don't mind that much, but the fact that it's not explained (yet <- I hope) how they got such an advanced technology makes reading a little bit ... uncomfortable for me.

IIRC they had a joke w/DSL lookalike during one scene where Ciel was visiting his toy shops in town. It's just another Hanging Lampshade moment and the entire story is full of odd hints to futuristic tech and arcane magic. 

Eh, not completely sure why I keep reading BB other than I've been following it since HS really. Maybe it's the entertainment factor and everyone's awesome fashion sense...

It seems as though the series was originally set in a more modern time period and then...

Any thoughts?

On the first book, the author explained in the author notes at the end that it was an alternate universe (more like a "parallel world" with how it's translated in my french edition) [and that she didn't know anything about England as well, at least at the time], so I guess that explains the presence of later created technology, or at least is a good excuse for using it.

It seems Toboso is back full force with modern technology. Personally I don't mind that much, but the fact that it's not explained (yet <- I hope) how they got such an advanced technology makes reading a little bit ... uncomfortable for me.

As for the DMCA, it's a good occasion for those who haven't yet to 1. buy the book and support the author; 2. visit the translator's website which is really nice :)

Looks like a simple allergic reaction to me. Some kind of spore or pollen only released at night and mistaken for "mist." The 'werewolves' are just people wearing a protective suit that just happens to look like a wolf from a distance in the mist, probably similar to those weird beaky plague masks that people used to use.

Partly right then. Even I didn't think they'd go all future tech on us, that's just about as immersion breaking as season two of the anime. It just doesn't fit. At all.

Even if I try and tell myself that the 'magic' was some form of chemistry and the contest that the girl won before she was initiated was some kind of massive chemical test, proving her to be a genius in the field - the future tech is still a big ol' slap in the face.

So did the translators drop the ball with 'Sulin'? Because Sarin makes more sense, now...

that name is just the perfect set up for putting insulin later, she'll probably make it as an antiote, I'm calling it

Shit DMCAs happened:

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/20345-more-dmca/

This was obviously one of the manga they would target

If its got taken down by DMCA, why there is no such information telling us not to upload more chapters here? ._.

What is actually happened?

that name is just the perfect set up for putting insulin later, she'll probably make it as an antidote, I'm calling it

Wut? Why insulin would be an antidote for the poisonous gas? Of course SULIN refers to SARIN and how its name was created from the names of 4 scientists (Schrader, Ambros, Rüdiger & Van der Linde). And typically the antidote for sarin is atropine.

EDIT: It seems by a chronological order the manga's Germany is a counterpart of 2nd Reich and the molecular formula used in the manga is for mustard gas but it's developed in a liquid form (definitely like sarin). It seems the mangaka mingled the two of them.

that name is just the perfect set up for putting insulin later, she'll probably make it as an antiote, I'm calling it

Is anyone else seeing . . . oddly few chapters, all of a sudden?

Shit DMCAs happened:

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/20345-more-dmca/

This was obviously one of the manga they would target

Spoiler
<3 the cover of Ciel so enticing

What we called witches in the past are more or less pharmachists and chemists ahead of their time. They can create medicine through natural means, and so they can also create poisons as well.

That's as may be, but it still seems a titch weird that a little girl would be able to

Spoiler

Wow, the lady must be some genius if she develop stuff like that without ever knowing what she developed.

What we called witches in the past are more or less pharmachists and chemists ahead of their time. They can create medicine through natural means, and so they can also create poisons as well.

it doesnt make sense that they wouldnt give her a properly trained butler when they have all those resources, i mean they could at least give her an agent that knows how to cook

Is anyone else seeing . . . oddly few chapters, all of a sudden?

that technology is a little out of place.

Wow, the lady must be some genius if she develop stuff like that without ever knowing what she developed.

Lady Sullivan and the Unwound Forest...

not that we can expect this development, but i kind of wish the werewolves are real .-.

How sly, Ciel. Pretending to say goodbye when it was all just a way to get her to go outside.

I ship.... I ship it until end of world.. I don't care about other ppl opinion cause I WANT CIELxSULLIVAN rofl

I CAN SHOW YOU THE WOOORLD

SHINING, SHIMMERING, SPLLEENDID

I'm sorry but I couldn't not do it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics