Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 132votes)

Pumpkin Scissors

Alt Names: alt 南瓜剪刀alt หน่วยพิทักษ์ธรณินalt パンプキン シザーズalt 非战特攻队alt 陆军情报部三科
Author: Iwanaga Ryoutarou
Artist: Iwanaga Ryoutarou
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The bitter war between the Empire and the Republic of Frost has ended, but three years after the cease-fire, the Empire is still ravaged by starvation and disease, and bandits terrorize the populace. Can the Imperial Army State Section III, aka Pumpkin Scissors, stop a renegade force with chemical weapons? And who is the mysterious stranger helping Pumpkin Scissors?

======Batoto Staff Notice=====
Unfortunately chapters 12-13 haven't been scanlated.
=======Staff Notice End=======
Go to Pumpkin Scissors Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thanks for this New Window Dakoroth
  • 3 Replies
Topic Need help scanlating Pumpkin Scissors New Window RedSuisei
  • 9 Replies
Topic Anyone scanlating Pumpkin Scissors? New Window meh11
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 28 New Window Bahatoddy
  • 7 Replies

197 Comments

Oh hell yea Wu in da house!

Actually, you can even push it to early 1900, since semi-auto rifles wasn't even prevalent in ww1, which is still largely reliant on bolt-action rifles. You don't get any real widespread use of semi-auto rifles until you hit the M1 Garand; and that was mid-1930s.

This.  I have always seen this to be taking place roughly between World War I and World War II.  The great war that ended just before this series begins being ~WWI.  There were major improvements to tanks, firearms and other military technology after that time. Strangely enough, machine guns and semi-automatic pistols entered wide spread military use before semi-automatic rifles.  That may be thanks to having John Browning in this world.  Here's a wikipedia entry in case you want to learn more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Browning

The closest real-world era comparison I can think of is late 1800's, except no airplanes or gatling guns (that we've seen so far), let alone the machine-gun prototypes (Maxim made the first pratical one in 1880's)... plus better tanks (IIRC the progress of tanks IRL).  There are also some unique cultural and treaty-based limits on technology (Empire's pride prevents it from adopting enemy tech easily for example, so they stick with Lindsay and Derringer-style guns rather than adopting Revolvers.).

Plus some seeming shenanigens/disparity that Lokgar mentioned.

Actually, you can even push it to early 1900, since semi-auto rifles wasn't even prevalent in ww1, which is still largely reliant on bolt-action rifles. You don't get any real widespread use of semi-auto rifles until you hit the M1 Garand; and that was mid-1930s.

Might I ask for a reminder? Why is it that most firearms encountered so far have only been single-shot? (other than the revolvers in in the Karussel Arc)

The closest real-world era comparison I can think of is late 1800's, except no airplanes or gatling guns (that we've seen so far), let alone the machine-gun prototypes (Maxim made the first pratical one in 1880's)... plus better tanks (IIRC the progress of tanks IRL).  There are also some unique cultural and treaty-based limits on technology (Empire's pride prevents it from adopting enemy tech easily for example, so they stick with Lindsay and Derringer-style guns rather than adopting Revolvers.).

Plus some seeming shenanigens/disparity that Lokgar mentioned.

Might I ask for a reminder? Why is it that most firearms encountered so far have only been single-shot? (other than the revolvers in in the Karussel Arc)

The tech level hasn't advanced to semi automatic or fully automatic yet. However, the silver wheel (or whatever they are called) seem to be able to produce standardized semiautomatic / automatic weaponry (early arcs with the self-loading tank, the semi automatic rifles, etc.). It's unknown if they are able to mass produce them.

Just picked up reading this a little while ago.  It's interesting.

Thanks to the many and varied scanlators that have worked to bring this to us.

i think oland's dad saying "ghost" rather than "demon" is significant here. the opening of the anime keeps calling oland "gestpenst jaegar" - ghost soldier. the old man was being prophetic.

Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

There's a bubble missing in chapter 41, it should say "What are you doing".

We're sorry we forgot to put it in!

Oh you poor fools hurting Randals waifu. Lantern time incoming...

It's going to be a slaughter....

Oh you poor fools hurting Randals waifu. Lantern time incoming...

Thanks a lot for the new chapter ^_^

Orca ninjas killer whale squad? Sounds like someone's a Keith Ape fan.

Thanks for picking this up Orca Ninjas Killer Whale Squad!

The manga goes way past the anime, and is still ongoing.

Way, way past.  I think the anime ends at volume 5 ish.  One later arc was moved earlier so the Ball Riot was the finale of the anime.  There are over 20 volumes so far.

MARRVELOUSSS!!! 

(bonus points for anyone who gets the LN that this came from)

NEW CHAPTER !!!!! Hell yeah you guys rock ! Best Manga , love it.

Thanks for picking this up you guys rock!

can someone tell me if the manga goes pass the serie or the anime is diferent

The manga goes way past the anime, and is still ongoing.

can someone tell me if the manga goes pass the serie or the anime is diferent

Location 2016, making the empire great again!

I love this series.  It does not get the attention it deserves.  Been trying to spread the word and have had some limited success.

Thank you, Tampan.

You're welcome~

I agree, this series deserves a lot more attention, however the fact that the scanlation progress was pretty messed up, with months to years of no updates, it's not strange that the old readers would forgot about it, while the new readers don't even know it exists.

Hopefully we can continue releasing in a relatively more timely manner, so it will not drown again.

I love this series.  It does not get the attention it deserves.  Been trying to spread the word and have had some limited success.

Thank you, Tampan.

Oh, look, the best manga on the site is uploading again.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics