Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 220votes)

Peak

Alt Names: alt 피크altalt Peak (Im Gang-hyeok)alt قمة
Author: Hong Seong-Su
Artist: Im Gang-Hyeok
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSports SportsWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: 21-year-old [Ryu Yeon-seong] is about to start his mandatory military service in the ROK Army. But unlike most other conscripts, he and four others are assigned to the mountain police rescue unit stationed at Mt. Bukhan, a small mountain on the outskirts of Seoul. Not knowing much about it, they think it'll be a walk in the park, and count themselves lucky to have landed such a cushy assignment. But when they arrive at the mountain, the group soon learn that they're in for more than they bargained for.

Note: The storyline has been split into various seasons, the vol.# corresponds to the season #.

Original webtoon from Daum: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/peak
Go to Peak Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

111 Comments

Stereotyped my ass. I agree with the few comments where I seem them compared to the stereo-types that Americans make of Asians. Yes some are just fun and teasing like high grades and knowing martial arts and stuff but some are just rude. Also, more often then not American's are stereotyped as being amazing and awesome and fun loving by the Asians not negatively so I honestly don't know what all this whining is about.
Posted Image Next time, leave the animals alone man...
ouch...
This manga is seriously thrilling!! It's without doubt one of my favorites.
zomg. thank you EGS and Kidcongo! this seriously makes my day! @_@
Who cares if this is stereotyped or not, this is just plain awesome.
By the way guys - Cromwell is actually the guy's first name here, believe or not. Lol. Not sure about Myers, but anyway.
I don't really mind the stereotype and im Canadian anyway. I just find it funny that American in manga are often wearing their flag somewhere, beside they are not bad character at least not yet.
Hahaha fair enough, Rye! Asians do get stereotyped pretty hard over here. But less, I think, than Americans over there, and in a more positive light.

Let's face it--American stereotypes of asians: parents expect them to be doctors, they all know kung fu (or some other martial art), and are quiet/softspoken and polite. Nothing bad there! :P
You think this is stereotyped?
You're lucky that you're not an Asian watching American media, lol.
Lol, americans, friends to be exact, calling other teammembers by last name... as if. This is a perfect example were asian way of thinking and culture takes over the little details. I bet they wouldnt call themselves Myers, Cromwell but rather Rick, Dick, Jane, J.C. or plain Asshole ;D
I still cant differentiate in mangas what is name and last name of the characters, like classmates calling others by last name while in my country it would be rude and could end in a punch to the face.

Funny little things.
Next chapter: American Idiot
it's not a stereotype. the author just put a bunch of crazy amercian guys in there, nothing big, dont be so upset :/ people from west like "hardcore", right?
.......Dem Pants
and it paid comic, you're free do you know?
Do not have stereotypes.
OK, plot prediction:

The 'Mericans are great climbers, but arrogant. This results in them embarrassing the Koreans in some manner. They then challenge a portion of the mountain said to be 'impossible' or extremely difficult. They fail, and the only hope of survival is for the Koreans to surmount impossible odds in order to save them.

This results in freshly humbled 'Mericans who acknowledge the skill of the Koreans, and improved confidence in the Koreans' climbing skills.

Or, at least, that would be the extremely stereotypical plot progression.
At least two of them look ok, I never got all the nationalism American display in anime alway wearing thing with stars and stripe.
Yaaaaay, more American stereotypes....sigh.
Who wears a wifebeater, has blond hair, is abnormally muscled, drinks alcohol, and wears stars & stripes pants?

"Rock 11: American Psycho"

-_-"
@pyxie: i agree with you!!!!!!! xD........i had to check the main page just to be sure that the manhwa wasn't over xP
sometimes when i see "END" in the chapter title, i get scared...
ok.. now i'm motivated to learn korean
i want to read more so badly
the art in this manhwa is great which makes the story even better than it already is.
Each chapter really remind me of how I like this manhwa/webtoon.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics