Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 142votes)

Cavalier of the Abyss

Alt Names: alt Cavalier in the Abyssalt Cavalier of Abyssalt 심연의 카발리어alt 深渊骑士alt Рыцарь Бездны
Author: Ga On-Bi
Artist: Juder
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Sequel to Immortal Regis. Reading the entirety of the prequel is highly recommended, otherwise, this story from chapter 4 on will spoil it and/or be confusing.

Chaos has gotten itself a new Regis, Nex, a seemingly heartless ruler who destory everything and everyone who stand in his way. A small boy named Xix, who's contracted with an Evil is out seeking his revenge on Regis Nex for killing his village and Sister. When he gets his chance to kill Regis Nex, he loses completely and gets taken to the Royal palace. But once there, he see that there is something else going on in the background of the Royal Family, a Secret they don't want to be uncovered...
~Scantily Clad

Prequel:

> Immortal Regis
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/immortal-regis-r288)
Go to Cavalier of the Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who is your favorite character and why? New Window Razz
  • 13 Replies
Topic Totally confused New Window morlyn
  • 4 Replies
Topic Latest chapter thread New Window Coca
  • 22 Replies
Topic Problem with groups? New Window Hollowcantaro
  • 1 Replies
Topic Cavalier Of The Abyss New Window shoushikochou
  • 2 Replies
Topic When will new chapters be released? I heard other volumes already came out. New Window Happiness
  • 5 Replies

235 Comments

Oh my god thank you so much for the update..

Holy shit im even more confused now

If I'm gonna reread this like the fourth time (= ='') can't really blame them for not release this more frequently tho

Wow, took me about 100 chapters to know what happened after Immortal Regis.

It's a long read but really worth it! Thanks for the scanlation.

Awesome, Game of Scanlation picked up where Mangacow left off! Nex FTW, kill everything you love... I mean..

mangacow has translated everything uptodate if anyone wants to read the rest

unfortunately they've also dropped all manwha, so anything in the future... is up in the air

I love this series and I wait like a kid at Christmas for more chapters.

mangacow has translated everything uptodate if anyone wants to read the rest

I feel so bad for Nex and Ninoorta. My true protagonist... Oh God. Everyone is so against him and he has nothing. Goddamnit. It was so heartbreaking for what happened to Nex. (/QoQ)\ I don't want to let Nex go... I'll always be on his side if no one else will.

Yes, Nex shall always be our true protagonist (at least for those who started reading this from Immortal Regis, I think)

poor Siana...but well, since the start of Cavalier it was kind of simply continuing misunderstandings and misunderstandings.

This whole story is made up of shitty misunderstandings and miscommunications.

Ive just read the manwha and who is who? Who is xix?osky?nex?

Something I didn't think about until re-reading Chapter 108 (for some reason?), Xix's eyes are the exact same as Serin's (as well as you can see them). Looking at the doublespread colour page with Serin and Nex, her eyes are the same shade of green as Xix's. And if you compare her eyes in the same chapter when they open for a split second, and his on the previous page, the pupils look extremely similar. 

I read on the Cavalier of the Abyss wiki that "Seon Yu states in future raws that undead are able to take on qualities in their youth so it is uncertain if Xix was previously resurrected by Serin and adapted her traits." But if he was already an undead, than why did Siana have to herself use her necromancy? Undeadness obviously isn't genetic because she wasn't an undead, and neither is Miya. And as an undead, not even Nex is able to get away with the not taking blood thing, so how did he survive for so long without drinking blood?

Sooooo many questionssss. 

I want to put it out there that I actually do enjoy this manga. I like Xix WAY more than Nin (however you spell his name cuz I've literally seen like five different ways), and Nex is frustratingly a dick. Welp, hopefully the other chapters get translated soon because I'm quite enjoying all this!

Edit: Then I reread the flashback part and suddenly he doesn't need her blood anymore? The hell? But that's something he was taught as a young man, so how would a baby do it.

ON THE OTHER HAND, chapter 64 in Xix's flashback chapters, he has white hair as a baby. BUT, in chapter 107ish, Xix sees an image of Serin holding him and his hair is darker. Weird image quality or PLOT HOLEEEE!?!?!

I have no idea anymore. Sigh. But, Serin said he was her child. Idk.

My understanding of who all these people are and what they are doing remains at zero. The last series was a lot easier to follow. Where's that heart-stealing bitch?

@Enternal: Agreed, and honesty it's pretty obvious he still loves her anyway as much as he tries to deny it.

Exactly. It does not help even further with Chapter 103 (Up to chapter 107 is translated at the moment by MangaCow. It's on KissManga. However, thanks Village Idiot for working on it as well).
Spoiler

But at least he hold up the promise that he will always protect Serin considering how she was supposedly fated to die. Although protecting her in a way not exactly expected...
Oh god.

Thank you Village Idiot.

Thanks for continuing this Village Idiot. Looking forward how this all plays out.

i stopped reading it when i sense an NTR so yeah i dropped after the siana flashback but still hoping that it doesnt turn that way

There is no NTR, unless you for some ridiculous reason count what is a normal political marriage.

@Enternal: Agreed, and honesty it's pretty obvious he still loves her anyway as much as he tries to deny it.

Because Nex got hurt so much in the past, he's now locking his heart. But at the same time, because he locked his heart and refused to hear anyone out, he creates more problems. *sigh* This is frustrating to read. It's ironic how he's hurt whenever someone hurts those he cares about yet he does the same thing also to those he cares about.

I'm not surprised if we found out that Serin's betray is just another stupid misunderstanding among thousands that he could have solved if he had listened.

"Cool that hot headed of yours! How many times have I told you that" -Muhan

But hell. I still enjoy every romantic scenes between him and Serin. Why? Because it's only those times where she's actually happy and no misunderstandings are present. Outside of that, damn she takes so much crap from the very beginning. While I like Depore, her actions in hiding certain facts from Nex especially concerning Serin kind of pisses me off. Iffrita switching to revenge just because Serin took Nex was also frustrating. Everyone is out to get Serin. All of these does not help with the misunderstandings that Nex seems to love to create.

And poor Ninoorut too. AARGGHH!!! LISTEN DAMN IT NEX.

Anyway, I think he's redeemable because it's clear his heart is there the way he treats Miya, Serin (even if she "betrayed" him), and Depore. I just hope that he really turns back to the way he is once his brother is saved and all the misunderstandings comes to light.

The context was based on the fact that this is a sequel story.

Even outside of that context, dropping a manga in a tragic moment is perfectly fine if the story is framed that way. Not every story has to have a happy ending.

i think what he really meant, its a bad after taste and a blow to your pride as manga reader to ever ever dropped a manga from fav and stop reading it after invested so much time reading it, i mean, sure, its not the reader's fault that the author trying to be a combination of M.Night Syamalan and George R. R. Martin, the story pretty much ruined it self, and what's worse was it is in the sequel, not in the original story, no readers wants to ever un fav their fav manga and feels a lingering feeling that haunts us forever for never ever finishing a manga, even for a bullshit stories, 

even the fuuka's reader have some lingering readers, who always post "Im only reading this to the end just to know how its end, not because i enjoyed it", 

its like having a marathon that you were being deceived to joined , along with other runners, but you quit at the middle for being logical, but envy for others who hate it as much as you do but never quit,

its a double edged sword that hurts us two way,

a two side bad after taste ,

quit in the middle because you couldnt bear with it any more, but regret to quit because now you wouldn't know how the shitty story will end, either happy ending? bad ending? or bullshit ending?

or feels bad and like a fool at the end when the story finished and regretted that you didnt quit earlier and invested so much wasted time to be disappointed in the end.

or both, when you quit in the middle, regretted it,  then when story finished and you came to solve all loose end, and to be disappointed epicly and then to regret again the second tme...

that is why im waiting this manga to end, and then beg for simple synopsis, and then move on with my life , forget this had ever happened

re-read what i said plz. What I meant is that it's bad to drop a manga in a part that is in a tragic moment.

The context was based on the fact that this is a sequel story.

Even outside of that context, dropping a manga in a tragic moment is perfectly fine if the story is framed that way. Not every story has to have a happy ending.

anyone answer me plz.

Yes

So, does things are better now? stopped reading at 32.

anyone answer me plz.

Ah, I get the issue now. Most of the panels have no discernible background. Forget the story, what the hell are these people standing on?

I don't remember the story anymore @@ guess I will wait till it finishes, the comments here don't look very great

Not really. Some stories build themselves on that design. Make a convoluted and messed up beginning but then spend the rest of the story about gradually revealing the secrets/intentions of the convoluted and messed up beginning.

ie. Why are X people crazy? Because Y country is crazy and X people are actually "normal". The main character(s) is the one who is actually crazy (in the eyes of X people/Y country.)

re-read what i said plz. What I meant is that it's bad to drop a manga in a part that is in a tragic moment.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics