Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 48votes)

Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni

Alt Names: alt At the Night When Amaryllis Bloomsalt 学校妖怪纪行alt 彼岸花の咲く夜にalt 彼岸花盛开之夜alt Higan Hana no Saku Yoru nialt 피안화 피는 밤에alt On the Night the Spider Lily Bloomsalt The Night When the Amaryllis Bloomsalt The Unforgiving Flowers Blossom in the Dead of Night
Author: Ryukishi07
Artist: Tsunohazu Ichirou
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Marie is trapped in a horrible situation. She's being constantly tormented by her classmates and regularly raped by her teacher. With nowhere else to turn, she finds herself asking for supernatural help from one of the seven demons of the seven mysteries of her school. All she desires is the death of her cruel classmates and teacher. How far will Marie be willing to go in order to achieve the murders that would free her from her living hell?
Go to Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Current Chapter Discussion New Window Coma Culture
  • 6 Replies

82 Comments

Delicious horror stories. Om nom nom.
Woah.... this is quite thrilling... and quite fucked up as well... I like it!
A question about chapter 15.

Spoiler
whoaaa this is reaaaaaaaaaaally wicked
I always wonder.... what does the P in "WilliamP" stand for? Is it "P****"? So this nice person who uploaded this manga is not William but William's P****? In other words, William's P**** has taken control over William and consequently William's P**** is now WIlliam and William became his P****?

DAFUQ?!!!
This series will most probably be as epic as tasogare otome if it was animated by the same studio, gotta love school youkai style fight in this.
    • Exa likes this
so.. at the next chapt, we'll gonna see someone being taken as a prisoner?
Meso Meso san for the win!
Looks like some serious shit happened the first 27 pages now if only I could actually read and see what exactly happened
One does not simply try to open Meso-meso's door without consequences.
@Exa , i am happy as long as you upload chapters.
@ku4eto Yeah I know that font is hard to read, but it's girly and creepy and I couldn't find better :x I suppose it'll look even worse on cropping readers (like mangafox, it's already been uploaded there). I still have the cleaned pages, I might make a version 2.. someday. Especially if I find a way to redraw Nonomiya here. But I'm not sure how many would re-read it then.
Yea, I think Higanbana didn't open the door simply because she knew what Marie was capable off if she did open it. Did you see the beast Marie turned into once she started to Meso Meso? I want to see one of the school Youkai fall for her trap.
Just kinda annoyed cuz of the font used for Higanbana speech. It makes it painful for the eye to read...
@Randrakan : thats the way it is i guess , she lays a trap , and waits for some1 to fall into it.
You gotta love the relationship between Marie and Higanbana, it's so weird and twisted, but cute at the same time.

Also, it looks like Marie isn't a strong fighter normally but if she gets behind a door and starts to do her Meso-Meso routine she's fucking deadly, even Higanbana couldn't open the door.
It's confusing as hell. I couldn't figure out what was happening for about 80% of the chapters. Some crazy text, mad laughter and something distinctly resembling a battle.
@ Jibaku
Even Umineko had the 'good guys' win some of the time. Even though Battler 'fighting' Beatrice in the first or second chapters was a lot like Marie fighting Kanamori, eventually the good guys stood some kind of chance. Unfortunately, it seems like the 'good guys' of this story start by getting curbstomped, and by the end of the story, they're still being curbstomped, maybe curbstomped more. Plus, Battler's sin of 6 years ago wasn't nearly as bad as aggressively stalking a girl to the point of
Spoiler
Not sure what to say. Interesting. Disturbing. Pulls you in and you just get stuck there -_-
Gah, I rarely get the right call!
Spoiler
Hmm the dialog boxes seems a little of on some of the pages.
the face of the main character in the latest story, on the last page on the latest chapter looks like he's ready to take on Higabana-kun.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Holy crap, it's being scanlated again! I can't believe I missed this. Time to get my Ryukishi07 fix!
@ kaze343...sort of.
Yeah, it might be. Being that there's 8 of them, we only seem to get to know one Youkai per story...so this could take a while. Then again, with everybody doing such innocuous things and then getting payback times a million, it could just be kids being kids. Also, since this is Ryukishi, the unreliable narrator stuff comes with the deal, but from now on i'm just going to assume every protagonist is a dick from now on.
The only person who legitimately seemed like they deserved their fate was Kanamori. Marie's mom isn't even in the school. (obviously. i almost spoiler-tagged that. I'm dumb.) She ends up with a really harsh fate anyway for her trouble. Besides that, Marie,
Spoiler
and now Nonomiya's going to have some cruel fate. Raped by a ghost or something, i don't know.
i’d like this series animated
The art took a little getting use to, but this manga its really adding to the feel of the sound novel so far. I cant wait to see how the even more messed up stories come out.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics