Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 387votes)

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Alt Names: alt 小亂之魔法家族alt 乱と灰色の世界alt Ran and the Ashen Worldalt Ran and the Gray Worldalt Ran and the Grey Worldalt Ran ve Gri Dünyaalt Rans magiska värld
Author: Irie Aki
Artist: Irie Aki
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet the Urumas, a slightly dysfunctional family of four sorcerers. Mom, being the most powerful sorceress around, works away from home keeping the world safe. Dad picks up the slack and takes care of the family. Except when he's out, which is when the older brother Jin finds himself in the unenviable position of keeping tabs on his sister Ran. And Ran, the youngest, is a willful girl with too much power and too little wisdom. Let's take a look at Ran's everyday misadventures, shall we?
Go to Ran to Haiiro no Sekai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A defense of the creeper New Window granolabar
  • 3 Replies
Topic Outarou & Ran, Pedophilic ass and ignorant little girl New Window truepurple
  • 44 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 3 Replies
Topic Application of the term loli New Window truepurple
  • 13 Replies

425 Comments

Oh Jin, you beast! Their parents has a funny story "Hey I met your mother by hitting her on the head with a huge hammer".

Looks like I predicted Menou and that wolfguy having a thing. Guy thinks he's alpha wolf and turns out he's a little dog.

I hope next chapter is very long :( .

P.S Sango best waifu.
What a growth spurt...
This may be the first time a manga will make me cry I don't want it to end.

i don`t want it to end :(((

Its oficial, the only thing that is making my heart beat now is the fact that ran isnt done yet, but im afraid this will not last longe.

NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

I SWEAR I'M GONNA CRY NEXT CHAPTER.

FUCK

Awwwww almost done :(

Did Ran just magic her sneakers? 

When i read "bye" in the last page i swear my heart stopped for a moment, but gadly i had time to scroll down and read the most beautifull word in the world "to be continued".

That picture at the very end of this chapter

Spoiler

made me really happy/sad.

Sappy? Sappy.

Long have we been thinking this series is going to end, but it' still going. Not that I'm complaining, but I did find it funny.

Those fingers just for a lesson on how to sew buttons... She may have matured, but Ran will always be Ran.
And Hibi giving a potted plant as a gift for someone soon leaving for a trip...

As short as the story is, I think Hibi's character still had more than just being tsundere.
Though Ran's newly found relationship with Hibi does seem fickle due to the circumstances. But we have to consider their age, where these kind of things seems to be felt more in a rush.

I don't think him bullying Ran at the start of the series is the author labeling Hibi as a Tsundere but rather just portraying Hibi to be a kid. A lot of kids that age bully the one they like because they're awkward and shy. Heck, I used to do that and I come from a loving and balanced family. People grow out of that phase, much like how Hibi did.

Also, doesn't all love stem from being at the right place at the right time? Yes, anyone could have filled Hibi's place, but it was none other than Hibi that ended up being there, just like how any other normal crush starts and if that isn't the most satisfactory condition for you, oh well. 

I like this series because of how real the characters feel and this kind of normal, maybe blander Hibi makes him feel like just any other kid, reflecting how Ran in essence is also just another kid.

The thing about people growing out of that phase is that sometimes, the kids who were on the receiving end DON'T. It can actually fuck kids up big time, being bullied out of affection and complaining about it only to get things like "kids will be kids."  It can mess them up for a long time, well into their adulthood.
Honestly, that was the reason why I hated Hibi so much in the beginning and it took me a long, long, long time to like him, even after Ran forgave him. That kid had a lot to make up for, and quite frankly simply having a crush on Ran didn't do it for me.

I don't want this ride to end ;_;

Sometimes you don't need Nike to just do it.

You always walk with the fresh kicks in your heart, on this wonderful journey with you at the start.

Spoiler

Like I said though, I don't hate Hibi. I just like everyone else far more.

I don't think him bullying Ran at the start of the series is the author labeling Hibi as a Tsundere but rather just portraying Hibi to be a kid. A lot of kids that age bully the one they like because they're awkward and shy. Heck, I used to do that and I come from a loving and balanced family. People grow out of that phase, much like how Hibi did.

Also, doesn't all love stem from being at the right place at the right time? Yes, anyone could have filled Hibi's place, but it was none other than Hibi that ended up being there, just like how any other normal crush starts and if that isn't the most satisfactory condition for you, oh well. 

I like this series because of how real the characters feel and this kind of normal, maybe blander Hibi makes him feel like just any other kid, reflecting how Ran in essence is also just another kid.

SMOOOTH OPERATOR

Whelp I've officially turned to mush

Adorable.

Can I remind you of the seinen tag. It's a pretty broad genre, but drama could still be used in the story telling.

This sure as hell ain't no shonen!

Seinen is not a genre, in fact, just as shounen. It's auditory. Sometimes the fluffiest and cutest things are published in seinen magazines.

These past couple of chapters have just been soooo fluffy and sweet I can't even....is this the same manga I'm reading? 

I wanna see an extra of them in high school and an extra of them as adults!

too many feels, IT'S LIKE A TRAIN THAT DOESN'T STOP.
SUPER lewd, they ought to censor that stuff

OHMIGOSHOHMIGOSHOHMIGOSH

I can't handle this. This was too sweet. Gaaaaaah! I screamed like a fangirl despite being a young man in his twenties!

I'm crying so much.

you liar.

I feel something breaking- the ice around my heart.

how come i didnt saw this masterpiece godlike of a manga before? so fucking good

One of the best character developments I've read.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics