Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 41votes)

Sangokushi

Alt Names: alt 三国志
Author: Yokoyama Mitsuteru
Artist: Yokoyama Mitsuteru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A manga adaptation of the famous Chinese literary classic, Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Go to Sangokushi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

165 Comments

I wonder how large Wei's population was. Their army seems never ran out of men after a lot of losses. 

Their territory is slightly larger than the size of Shu and Wu combined. Approximately, two times the population of Shu would be a safe bet. That's pretty much why Shu had to go on the offensive to start with. Wei regenerates troops twice as quickly and would overrun Shu given time.

I wonder how large Wei's population was. Their army seems never ran out of men after a lot of losses. 

damn, how much longer can the steamroll last?

A master baiter at work.

Spoiler

Pimpmobile LOL. I can totally imagine a castle surrendering when it is reported that an army is approaching ... with a nerdy bloke sitting on a wheelchair leading it.

What is interesting is that the wheelchair is attested to in commentaries to both the Wei shu and the Jin shu, but not in the San Guo Zhi itself. Also, in the proper histories the object wasn't a wheelchair so much as a small one-man oxcart, with Kong Ming not so much seated as lying down on it. Well, of course it couldn't have been a chair because chairs weren't introduced to China until the Tang dynasty. However, it's interesting that it also wasn't a sedan or palanquin, which would have been a more reasonable version of a Han dynasty "pimpmobile" (nothing says you're a pimp more than having four mofos carry you everywhere). This indicates that the vehicle was used not as a status symbol but for its long-range mobility, which in turn suggests that the real object would have substituted for a horse. Since all gentlemen of merit under the Confucian school had to pass archery and horseriding tests, Kong Ming presumably would have known how to ride horses properly, and indeed we know he did ride horses historically because that's how he escaped Changban. The need to substitute an oxcart for a horse in Kong Ming's later years may indicate that he was by that time no longer able to ride horses.

If we consider Kong Ming's rather short life and the historical cause of his death, it is possible that the "wheelchair" wasn't there because he was lazy, but because he needed it. Just like Guo Jia, Kong Ming may have been weak physically and had constant ailments. Rather than a pimpmobile the "wheelchair" could have been an indicator of a dying man's partial paralysis. Whether by fate or accident, all three of the Three Kingdoms' founding strategists (Guo Jia, Zhou Yu, Kong Ming) spent the final years of their lives commanding armies on the field while being very, very sick - and died on campaign. Kong Ming actually fared the best of all three, passing away at 53 compared to Zhou Yu at 35 and Guo Jia at 37. Interestingly, the "wheelchair" was first attested to around 215, when Liu Bei assigned Kong Ming to sit in Chengdu and deal with logistics. At the time, he was 34. Maybe he was already living on borrowed time even then.

DAT REVERSAL THOUGH

Btw, on the way here I took the head of the enemy general

Honestly, I wouldn’t even care if he died here, it’d be his own fault. Besides, Kongming is the superior tactician and strategist anyway, he doesn’t really need him.

Pimpmobile LOL. I can totally imagine a castle surrendering when it is reported that an army is approaching ... with a nerdy bloke sitting on a wheelchair leading it.

FINALLY, SIMA YI ENTERS THE FRAY!

AANNND IT'S GONE.

All the characters look the same to me. It's so hard to distinguish between them.

Spoiler

I remember in the Chuka Ichiban anime, Shell fought this geezer, I think Lakon was his name and he came from a long line of ultimate dimsum artisans. It was said that their bread was so good it appeased the storm gods when it was thrown in the water.

You dissin' his pimpmobile?

A lil’ bit. So what if I am?
Spoiler

Dang, Kongming is hella lazy, being carted around on some kind of wheelchair ...

You dissin' his pimpmobile?

Dang, Kongming is hella lazy, being carted around on some kind of wheelchair ...

Grand strategist gotta have his own ride!

Meng Huo watched Naruto when he was a kid and ever since then he considered "never giving up" as his Nanman Way.

So how long until Kongming invents the revolving door out of necessity, just so Meng Huo can come and go more easily?

What’s with the spitting (chapter 330, page 17)?

Nanman = Namek

How....how are they supposed to leave now?

What do you mean? How is who supposed to leave? The “barbarians”?

Spoiler

Spoiler

How....how are they supposed to leave now?

I was kind of wondering that myself, I figured Kongming's plan would be basically wait for them to try and come out or something, rather than him come to them.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics