Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 190votes)

Hitsugi no Chaika

Alt Names: alt Coffin Princess Chaikaalt Hitsugime no Chaikaalt 棺姫のチャイカalt 棺姫【ひつぎ】のチャイカalt 棺姬柴卡alt 棺姬恰伊卡alt Гроб принцессы чайки
Author: Sakaki Ichirou
Artist: Sakayama Shinta
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Toru Acura, an incredibly lazy man with some hidden talents, has been forced by his sister Akari to actually go outside and search for work. However, he is in for a big surprise when he meets Chaika Trabant in the forest, and they are suddenly attacked by a monster! How will they survive? Who is this mysterious girl, and why is she being targeted?

adaptation of the light novel written by Sakaki Ichirou with illustrations by Namaniku ATK

Related:

> Hitsugi no Chaikakka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hitsugi-no-chaikakka-r11442 )
Go to Hitsugi no Chaika Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The girl's name is "Trabant" New Window ernabc
  • 12 Replies

330 Comments

Chaika's speech pattern. Killed in translation. Sad.

OMG. It took me so long to notice that the author of Hitsugi no Chaika and Scrapped Princess is the same person. Now I understand why they are so similar.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23927.html
Looks like Chaika season 2 announced for October.

Interesting. Seems like the anime is well received then.

I do think the anime is pretty good, they skipped a lot of things but it still manages to be an enjoyable adaptation which is rare.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23927.html
Looks like Chaika season 2 announced for October.
wow... just read ch 21~24... there's over 60% of stuff that's cutted out in the anime...

the anime only lasted 1 episode, but from the manga, it could have turn into at least 3 or 4 episodes...

they sure are rushing the anime version, this probably mean it'll only have 1 season and only use the anime to promote the manga/ LN.

well if chaika anime picks of more fans maybe soemone will want to start translating the LN.

Let's start a cult or something.

well if chaika anime picks of more fans maybe soemone will want to start translating the LN.

sometime I just hate anime versions with how much they cut out and/or how much detail they missed -___-

It's all we have for now, if not the LN or manga.

the one doing the series does a blog site and before it was taken down he/she had tled til vol 3 ch 1/prologue

So....Forced Emo-ness?

the light novel site was taken down..and no1 is picking it up..probably after the anime..but the anime might cover till vol 6 or so..its already in vol 3

Taken down? What are you talking about???

As much as I admire the cleverness of Tooru's thinking in realizing Dominica's complex towards her deceased sister, is psychologically unbalancing an immensely powerful and angry woman who already has stated plans to kill you the best idea? I mean, maybe if she were a purely technique fighter, she'd be thrown off enough for an advantage, but yanking the psychological floor out from under a dragoon-riding badass?
I'll pray for your soul in hell, buddy.

well it could work and persuade her to help in some way...
or it could blow up in his face
quite literally

The manga is definitely better than the anime, I love the anime's art, but the manga have more developed characters, backstory, and better story pace. The anime omits many little scenes that give more personality to the characters and even omits their backstory

Hmm, I haven't kept up fully with the anime (haven't watched the last episode or two), but I think it's done the pacing relatively well.

Primarily, I think the issue is with format.  Detailed thoughts in the spoiler:

Spoiler

In other words, it'd likely end up a worse anime than it is if they tried to transcribe it more fully.  Though of course this does depend a lot on the story, and the skill of the person doing the adaptation.  The Mahou Sensou anime was particularly poorly adapted (IMO) for example, but I felt like some did a relatively decent job (Accel World, Log Horizonfor the most part for other LNs, Mushishi or [second season] Certain Scientific Railgun for manga adaptations, also Robotics;Notes for VN adaptations [still haven't watched Steins;Gate but I've heard it's good too]).

Someone really needs to start translating the Light Novels.  This pace of manga pages really isn't enough to satisfy me.  I keep wanting to murder someone when things start getting good then slams to a stop like a car wreck.

the light novel site was taken down..and no1 is picking it up..probably after the anime..but the anime might cover till vol 6 or so..its already in vol 3

After reading this chapter I'm certain, Characters are much better presented in manga, then Anime. Akari lost almost all her charm and only Chaika is better due to her accent.

it can't be helped, can't really convey how chaika uses short words to convey everything in manga.

The manga is definitely better than the anime, I love the anime's art, but the manga have more developed characters, backstory, and better story pace. The anime omits many little scenes that give more personality to the characters and even omits their backstory

After reading this chapter I'm certain, Characters are much better presented in manga, then Anime. Akari lost almost all her charm and only Chaika is better due to her accent.

Someone really needs to start translating the Light Novels.  This pace of manga pages really isn't enough to satisfy me.  I keep wanting to murder someone when things start getting good then slams to a stop like a car wreck.

As much as I admire the cleverness of Tooru's thinking in realizing Dominica's complex towards her deceased sister, is psychologically unbalancing an immensely powerful and angry woman who already has stated plans to kill you the best idea? I mean, maybe if she were a purely technique fighter, she'd be thrown off enough for an advantage, but yanking the psychological floor out from under a dragoon-riding badass?

heh heh

Heh.

Can we discuss about how in the anime the existence of Dominica's sister was entirely skipped? That pissed me off so much.

its pretty much coz the focus of chaika series is "the chaikas" i assume anime is rushing to that vol..which starts in vol 4 of the LN w/ bodgan

Can we discuss about how in the anime the existence of Dominica's sister was entirely skipped? That pissed me off so much.

simple, they don't want to show cruelty in it too much ...

(Like in Black Bullet, they avoid all event which mentally torture Anju)

this quite deviated than the original story ...

(tough I doubt the past for Dominica can affect the story further)

oh well, loli GET !!!

just found this ... is this a spin off ? lolz ...

http://99mh.com/comic/23314/

Oh no, now when i will be watching it i will see her as a doge. Cant unsee that. Such Chaika, much plot, gun so long etc etc :P

can't hate a girl with big, long, powerful gun ... =3= ...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics