Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 513votes)

Oyasumi Punpun

Alt Names: alt İyi Uykular Punpunalt Boa noite, Punpun!alt Bonne nuit Punpun !alt Buenas noches, Punpunalt Buona notte Punpunalt Dobranoc Punpun!alt Good Night Pung Pungalt Goodnight Punpunalt Goodnight Punpunalt Hyvää yötä Punpunalt Magandang Gabi Punpunalt Noapte bună Punpunalt Oyasumi Pun Pun
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Witness the titular Punpun - who is depicted as a tiny, caricatured bird in an otherwise normal human setting - as he copes with his dysfunctional family and friends, his love interest, his oncoming adolescence and his hyperactive mind.
Go to Oyasumi Punpun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Wrapping up this winter New Window Akaelda
  • 1 Replies

225 Comments

Spoiler

Damn my wandering eyes, just scrolled down a bit and read this plot spoiler. Anyone have a mind erasing machine?

Good vibes!

Oyasumi Punpun is a story I'd wholeheartedly recommend if you're into (or looking for) depressing stuff. What stood out to me in particular is the symbolism and use of repetition.

Also, if you haven't read it yet: stop reading the comments right away as there's major spoilers down under.

That was the ride of a lifetime.

reading this until the end while listening to song such as jishou mushoku, tawagoto speaker, somehow give it much more feels than it already had :')

just finished read this series because my junior recommend it, and it was a nice ride :')

Spoiler

tumblr_m8w20qtzIZ1rxq4udo1_500.gif

I keep thinking about reading this, but I... I... I just can't get past the fear! I feel things deeply so... ... ... Yyeah, once again, gonna skip it. Once again, just for now.

Never seen a more insightful portrayal of childhood depression in any media ever than is depicted here.

The old adage is that dying is easy, living is hard. 

Personally, I really wanted to punch Punpun in the head. 

i usually read funny and light themed mangas but after i finished this one.. Darn! now this is one manga i'll never forget.. a very big slice of life.. no, a big chunk of life, really. now i can say i'm not the only one who worries about the fate of mankind.

kudos to the author and to the ones who made the effort to translate them

good night..

The mood seems depressing as hell.

/!\ WARNING /!\

Severe depression ahead !

Read at your own risk !

I can't imagine anything but a movie keeping the original style of the manga. Drawings this detailed require a huge budget to animate faithfully!

Sadly most of the story would be lost if it was turned into a movie.

I gonna miss this manga, I hope someday this manga will get it's anime version and the art style will be apply *__*

I can't imagine anything but a movie keeping the original style of the manga. Drawings this detailed require a huge budget to animate faithfully!

I gonna miss this manga, I hope someday this manga will get it's anime version and the art style will be apply *__*

Well, that was fucking depressing.

Damn, marathoning this and the all events leading to the end.....I want off this ride.

This manga was GREAT!

a roller coaster full of emotions...DEEP emotions ;-;

and I got to be honest, it wasn't all just perfect, there were times when the story was boring -.- but there were also times when I just couln't stop reading @-@

after I finish reading titles like this one, I get really depressed, like when I finished "onani master kurosawa-kun" or "N.H.K. YOKOSO"

that's why I read colour full stories more often, because even if they are silly (and sometimes a waste of time, even I say so) they don't leave me heart broken (or thinking about ME) because of the "impact" of a good AND MEANINGFULL PLOT

You know, if this were a written novel, people would be studying this in literature class.

At least I think so. Beautiful, insightful work.

Okay I just finished in like 5 hours of marathon reading.
At first I thought I understood.
Then at the end I had no freaking idea what was happening... Could someone explain or something please...?

The only thing that Aiko did was suffer.

Being Aiko is suffering.

Did anyone notice Sachi favorite mangaka Fukasawa is actually another character in Asano Inio other works "Before the dawn and the end of the world" named haru?

This is thee best manga I've read until now. This is just so incredible. If you're thinking of reading this, don't hesitate if you're into seinen. This manga is like 21st century boys on a bad acid trip, and about how people tend to survive the most craziest shit and stay sane. It's really brings up a lot of perspectives on my life's situation actually, and for some reason it reminds me of my childhood friend Robert, with his alcoholic father and low self esteem. We shared a flat together for a year and lost touch after that. We met sporadically and he told me that he had ended up in a speed gang and considering his past I was sure he would end up like a junky. A few years later I met him again and he'd gotten a job and a girlfriend, and we'd laughed about the fact that he'd steal things to fund his amphetamine habit a few years back. Anyway, damn! Read this manga!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics