Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.77 - 107votes)

H.P.Lovecraft's The Haunter of The Dark

Alt Names: alt 闇に這う者alt Yami ni Hau Mono
Author: Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Artist: Tanabe Gou
Genres: Horror HorrorMystery MysterySupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Manga adaption of H.P.Lovecraft's "The Haunter of The Dark" and "Dagon"
Go to H.P.Lovecraft's The Haunter of The Dark Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

68 Comments

Yeah he looks like he has a knack for the unknown, if he keeps this up he may even come with something new, revolutionary even.

H.P. Lovecraft died a long time ago, back in 1937, but he left behind a pretty large collection of short stores. You should certainly check out his work, I'm pretty sure it's all public domain, so you can probably find it online pretty easy, or YouTube some audio book tapings of his work. Only issue he had is that he's pretty racist, but I suppose that was just a sad byproduct of those times.

Wow, this Howard Phillips Lovecraft seems like a pretty decent writer. If this is his first work, I'd love to see more stuff from him in the future.

Yeah he looks like he has a knack for the unknown, if he keeps this up he may even come with something new, revolutionary even.

Wow, this Howard Phillips Lovecraft seems like a pretty decent writer. If this is his first work, I'd love to see more stuff from him in the future.

I never really read Lovecraft book so this is really cool, and with great art to boot. Looking forward to it.

I can't thank you enough for this gem! Banzai cheers for HP Lovecraft, Tanabe Gou, and Stan Miller.

Awesome.

For a second I thought someone made some retarded JK manga about Lovecraft and was ready to kill myself.

HP Lovecraft... in a manga..? GODDAMN~!

HP Lovecraft with fantastic art? What's not to like?

Fingers crossed for 'The Cats of Ulthar' adaptation, though that one was more of a straight fantasy.

God i love this things ... more please !

I hope there is more to follow :3Also, I kinda remember that story differently. Did the sailor actually see Dagon in the original?

It's pretty much the same. Of course, however, Lovecraft never outright stated the thing to be Dagon itself.
Aww yeah, have been waiting for this one ever since I knew it exists. Really great stuff.

Dark Horse also published one of Tanabe's Lovecraft anthologies. It was in good quality from what I recall (it's in my closet). His current serialization is "At the Mountains of Madness." At the rate he's going, he'll end up drawing everything by Lovecraft.

How the hell did they find Japanese words for Lovecraft

Ai Kurafuto

Very nicely done, really captures the feel of the original story.  Hope there is more of these

How the hell did they find Japanese words for Lovecraft
I hope there is more to follow :3

Also, I kinda remember that story differently. Did the sailor actually see Dagon in the original?

Love this so much. Instant follow.

Edit: Stan Miller TL'd this? I'll have to re-read this again, I must have missed the yuri somewhere along the way.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics