Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 105votes)

Isekai Ryouridou

Alt Names: alt Cooking in Another Worldalt Cooking With Wild Gamealt 異世界料理道alt Different World Cuisine
Author: Eda
Artist: Kochimo
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Main protagonist is Tsurumi Asuta. 17 yrs old, 2nd year high schooler.

He was working as an apprentice cook at [Tsurumi-ya], managed by his father.

One day a fire broke out in [Tsurumi-ya], for the sake of his father’s cherished knife [Santoku Houchou – the japanese kind] he ran back inside to retrieve it and thus met his end. Before he knew it he awoke to an unknown environment. He was then attacked by a beast resembling a boar but a girl named ‘Ai=Fa’ from the [People of Morihen] saved him. It was then that he realized he was really in different world…
Go to Isekai Ryouridou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

Seems they eat onions and potatoes when they aren't eating smoked boar.

Worst thing is they dont bloodlet, so the meat taste horrible and it's smell like burnt blood

Fit chocolate woman that smells like smoked meat?

cYanmPn.gif

Amazon Saber is best.

Those are onions? As expected to a strong refined woman like her, she is cooking onions for onion massive test boost, or onion gains cause he looks dyel.

Why eat onions?

Based on a study conducted by Iranian scientists, they've found that the equivalent of 1 onion a day in humans increased serum testosterone in rats by nearly 300%. 
It has also been shown by small groups of communities to stop balding, as well as grow hair back when applied on the balding areas, however, no major studies have been conducted on this, but you can probably guess why

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24302558

http://www.ergo-log.com/onionjuice. html
https://mysupremacy.com/natural-testosterone-booster/
http://www.fitnessandpower.com/nutrition/onions-can-significantly-increase-testosterone-levels

9d83f17e954689bad3684044935fe588.jpg

Is this manga Monthly or Bi-monthly?

At last!! A manga for Cooking with wild game! Been waiting for this since I read the Light novel.

Seems they eat onions and potatoes

What makes you think an alternate world has the same ingredients as ours, when we’ve spent generations using selective breeding?

They make the Irish look decadent with their cabbage and whiskey.

So we've established that everyone in that town smells like a smokehouse.

So we've established that everyone in that town smells like a smokehouse.

But none of them got hit by Truck-kun! That's essential.

At least those classics didn't end like the Narnia series *shudder*

There was an encounter with Truck-kun in this too, but the old man was too tough, so the truck burned down his restaurant with his son in it.

whosekai? hesekai! nosekai! shesekai? ISEKAI

EXT. STREET CORNER, AFTERNOON

A truck has an encounter with a young lad.

Truck was aiming for the boy's father this time, when it couldn't get him to go isekai, it took everything else that he cares about.

whosekai? hesekai! nosekai! shesekai? ISEKAI

EXT. STREET CORNER, AFTERNOON

A truck has an encounter with a young lad.

MidoriKitzune
Dec 09 2017 11:12 PM

this is an good isekai.

But sadly it takes some tiem to get into :3

evil dead 3 is isekai too for those not interested in reading, ash even got a boomstick, some sciences books in the trunk of his car. And he suck at the only magic he learnd klatu barada errr what was it already

If you're putting it that way, Samurai Jack is an isekai too.
evil dead 3 is isekai too for those not interested in reading, ash even got a boomstick, some sciences books in the trunk of his car. And he suck at the only magic he learnd klatu barada errr what was it already

Or "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".  By Mark Twain.  Maybe you've heard of him?

at the very least everyone should watch the movie "A Knight in Camelot" just because it's a fucking Isekai feauring Whoopi Goldberg, what's not to like?

>Repeatedly called a "Santoku" kitchen knife
>Looks nothing like a Santoku. At all.
>Actually looks more like the bastard love child of a Deba Bocho and a typical/ordinary Western-style Chef's knife

As a knife guy, I am disappoint. Google image search "Santoku," mangaka.

The problem isn't so much that isekai is ALWAYS bad, it's just that it's so popular right now that there's a lot of it and many of them are bad. 

I like Isekai, it's really fun.But many use it as a cheap and lazy way to avoid world building. 80% of isekai go with "generic european looking fantasy setting with elves and monsters". I read a lot of isekai light novels and honestly except for a few really unique ones, most of them are starting to all blurr together. 

I literally cannot tell you the difference between the settings of DeathMarch, Smartphone, or Konjiki.

I've been GM'ing for decades from Sci-Fi to Fantasy settings using systems from DnD (blue box), GURPs, all the way to 5th Ed .  And I can tell you, it's pretty damn hard to make a Fantasy Sword and Magic World up that wont look like "generic european looking fantasy" because unless you want a specific theme, that one is the easiest to envisage and find factoids for.  How easy do you think it is to find internal layouts of a castle that doesn't come from that era?

I've run a "Constantinople AD600" setting and frankly, a person looking at it from the outside would probably easily have said - like you - "hey, this is just a generic european looking fantasy". 

The mangaka could easily have made all the buildings with minarets with those rounded tops instead of square towers.  It wouldn't look European, but does that change anything?  Putting the people in different looking clothes wont change the story.  Only a person's prejudgement of it.

The problem isn't so much that isekai is ALWAYS bad, it's just that it's so popular right now that there's a lot of it and many of them are bad. 

I like Isekai, it's really fun.But many use it as a cheap and lazy way to avoid world building. 80% of isekai go with "generic european looking fantasy setting with elves and monsters". I read a lot of isekai light novels and honestly except for a few really unique ones, most of them are starting to all blurr together. 

I literally cannot tell you the difference between the settings of DeathMarch, Smartphone, or Konjiki.

They didn't care enough about their world to give us a protagonist who's native to it: they had to have a protagonist from our world. If they don't care enough to do a good job, why should we care enough to read their work? They also usually flatter their audience for living in a more enlightened society than the fantasy one—a society that would have to acquit forty times as many suspects to be as lenient as the Spanish Inquisition. (Japan's conviction rate is 98%. I don't care how good your police and courts are, that's impossible. That's like when your leader wins 100% of the vote.)

Lighten up, Francis. Isekai is just one type of mechanism to inject the typical "fish out of water" Shounen trope into the story. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FishOutOfWater

The usual Shounen method is to suddenly dump a superpower or overwhelming skill on an otherwise mundane kid. The isekai angle usually is used to make the MC's (normal in his own world) skill(s) seem OP in the new world or to justify adding skills he never would have been able to acquire in his own world.

Or classics like The (Wonderful) Wizard of Oz, Through the Looking Glass/Alice in Wonderland, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Neverending Story, A Wrinkle in Time, Peter Pan, the list goes on. All technically isekai.

Or "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".  By Mark Twain.  Maybe you've heard of him?

Or classics like The (Wonderful) Wizard of Oz, Through the Looking Glass/Alice in Wonderland, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Neverending Story, A Wrinkle in Time, Peter Pan, the list goes on. All technically isekai.

But none of them got hit by Truck-kun! That's essential.

At least those classics didn't end like the Narnia series *shudder*

I wonder what whoever wrote that idiotic comment thinks about the Narnia books.

cooking manga without foodgasm it's meh......

if there is a foodgasm of this chocolate girl i'm in with this manga

Isekai that focus on cooking? About dang time.

In other Isekais the cooking part usually just some kind of side-entertainment and fillers.

izakaya nobu says otherwise (isekai shoukodou kind of counts too)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics