Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.87 - 180votes)

Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu.

Alt Names: alt 異世界ですが魔物栽培しています。alt In another world, however I'm planting monsters.alt It's a different world, but I'm cultivating monsters.
Author: Setsugetsuka
Artist: Konno Kuko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day, Kyouji Himuro hears a knock on his door. Opening it up, he finds that he is transported to another world.

But his new life is not good. He has no fighting skill, no money, and no way to make food. While dumpster diving, Kyouji discovers seeds and comes up with a plan to grow his own food. However, his plans change when he realizes that these seeds grow monsters...

Source: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000040010000_68/
Go to Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu. Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

163 Comments

Cherry_Cake
Nov 01 2017 08:14 PM

this is confusing o_O

im now at ch.4 and i freakin dont know what i'm reading anymore (page by page)... it feels like it is rush, no explanation whatsoever and/or probably the scanslation is not well translate... i don't know anymore and i'm tired of asking sht about it...

Pacing is rushed.  Some minor issues with scanlation as well but mostly the problem is with the original manga.

im now at ch.4 and i freakin dont know what i'm reading anymore (page by page)... it feels like it is rush, no explanation whatsoever and/or probably the scanslation is not well translate... i don't know anymore and i'm tired of asking sht about it...

Can't say I understand why he chose to compare it to games of thrones of all things (although, that "spider-story", kumo desu ga I assume, he was talking about DOES become insanely political and complicated after a certain point (albeit it's still very enjoyable, to those who fear it'd tank the story)) -- but, 

But. I can understand the general gist of "Isekai is cancer".
To make a long story short, the trend you spoke of existed way before Isekais. Yes. But "what works" for web-novelists, is cheap quick-grabs with shallow stories, which can easily die off within 10 chapters or less.
Now, saturate the manga industry with a fuckton of cheap, shallow stories that all have the shelf-life of 10 chapters....And, welp. You'd get a lot of stagnation.

Now, I can't say how Isekais are going to fuck up the industry, or if at all, but I can get why people would have an issue with adapting low-quality stories into manga.
For the very least, I like these easy-to-grab, easy-to-dump stories. Can't really invest myself in anything more worthwhile these days. These quasi-game-fantasy stories also rub my itch to play D&D / RP, which I am too lazy to actually start doing.

Imo they're only noticing this current trend more purely because well, they all have isekai in their titles or atleast 90% of them have. It's easy to think that there's a crapton of something when they're easily identifiable. Another reason would be the fact that the setting has so much potential for different stories. From the way they migrate to another world (death, summoned, walks into a portal etc) to what they transform into after they migrate if they do transform at all (human, different race, different species or even inanimate objects like a friggin hot spring, sword or vending machine) and after that, their purpose while in that world (defeat the demon king, be the demon king, live a peaceful life, be a farmer, a veterinarian etc). Imo a huge reason for not writing about a story is the fact that it has been written already by someone else. There's only so much you can write about a guy with a demon residing inside him or a guy who becomes a god killer or a shinigami etc but in the setting of isekai, tons of people have different ideas of their own.

I agree that because of that, there's a potential for shitty stories but people have started to become a bit to critical especially about the ones that are just starting. I agree that writing an isekai story has been that low hanging fruit that most writers right now are plucking but just because they're doing that, it doesn't mean that if they didn't write a an isekai story, they'd have a chance of writing a better story using a different setting. Calling it a plague or cancer is a bit too much. We can just ignore the really crap ones but like i've said before, i'd still continue reading a few chapters of each of them if it meant i might find one with a great story.

Jack Bro for life

Also the best game for Virtual Boy.

Jack_Bros_Virtual_Boy_North_American_rel

Too fast! too fast!! Who cut the brakes on this plot?  Its heading into train-wreck territory.

So...is that an enemy mage or is it the same mage from the cover photo? Or is that a character that has already been shown? Hmm...

I thought mandrake's cry was supposed to kill people... And hers does the same thing to my heart ;_;

I JUST GOT IT,

Because they're plants the way they spread their seeds is through being consumed

Spoiler

The Dreaded Sea Monster, KAREN!

Release the Karen!

I kind of like this manga, but wow, WTF... this manga's plot is either extremely rushed or it's literally just going all over the place. Hard to follow what's actually happening. Unless the author decided he wanted to fit every manga troupe into each chapter, the artist must be trying to cram as much stuff into a few pages as possible. lol.

honestly i dont think it would be that bad but the scanlation quality, honestly, is total garbage. As a fellow translator i find myself literally grinding my teeth reading this translation it feels like the translator either does not speak english and just used a dictionary half the time, or just vomited random synonyms onto the page... this badly needs quality control 

I kind of like this manga, but wow, WTF... this manga's plot is either extremely rushed or it's literally just going all over the place. Hard to follow what's actually happening. Unless the author decided he wanted to fit every manga troupe into each chapter, the artist must be trying to cram as much stuff into a few pages as possible. lol.i

chinese manhuas are way more over the place, messy and rushed than this manga

I kind of like this manga, but wow, WTF... this manga's plot is either extremely rushed or it's literally just going all over the place. Hard to follow what's actually happening. Unless the author decided he wanted to fit every manga troupe into each chapter, the artist must be trying to cram as much stuff into a few pages as possible. lol.

Start of chapter 6 : raising rabbit monsters. What happened with the mysterious figure? Read chapter 5,+5b69+8x4v

I wouldn't be suprised if that happened.

so... a plant is fine too? I'm not the first to say that here... am I?

fucking waifu thieves. where are the weaboo police when you need them.

I legit can't discern what's going on anymore.  

I thought this isekai manga entering gourmet now but now mandrake loli is getting catch up by some mage. 

That looks less like a mage and more like another monster looking like a mage. Look at the hands on page 28.

< See's Cover Art

< Hooo same artist that made illustrations for Death March

< EDIT: Arrives @ Chapter 5..... Oh! a loli monster plant! Ok I'm in! *Follows Manga*

Jack Bro for life

And here we got the harem route with annoying characters like the black-haired girl and beast girl, yahoo...

I just stay here for the mandrake and Jack now.

I thought that the reason all of us are staying is because we want to see him build a monster army?

And here we got the harem route with annoying characters like the black-haired girl and beast girl, yahoo...

I just stay here for the mandrake and Jack now.

wut, this 3rd chapter felt just like this movie's ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJ32JchVno

Forget all these chicks, I'm here for the adorable plants.

I thought this isekai manga entering gourmet now but now mandrake loli is getting catch up by some mage. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics