Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 100votes)

Ragna Crimson

Alt Names: alt ラグナクリムゾンalt 라그나 크림슨
Author: Kobayashi Daiki
Artist: Kobayashi Daiki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ragna is a dragon hunter along with his partner, the strongest dragon hunter Leo. He didn't have much talent at hunting dragons but he had decided to entrust his whole life for her. However he was shown the feel of true despair by his future self on what would happen if he stays weak as he is now. With that, it seems that the reaper of the dragons had now appeared earlier than the original history, but will it be enough to change future?
Go to Ragna Crimson Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws New Window garismaatti
  • 0 Replies

63 Comments

Wrong way to start this manga!!!!

The twist is too early(and sudden), we cant sympathise with him, or any of characters for that matter

If the author have taken things a bit more slowly, shown the 'original' timeline then reward protag with time travel with retain power

For now it's like playing muv-luv alternative without playing/knowing muv-luv and unlimited(getting the epic ending without the setup)

I liked it, but it definitely felt like a really interesting one-shot than the first chapter of a serialization.

That being said, I suspect the mangaka is going to dial it back by explaining that wasn't Current Ragna who was being OP, that was Future Ragna that was behind the wheel; while he was killing dragons all of his internal monologues were in the first person, referring to future memories as his own, but after the scene where Future Ragna runs to embrace Leo the monologue switches to third person, referring to those memories as belonging to someone else ("Many years of memories of someone from a distant future flowed endlessly..."). The story will likely continue with Ragna trying to learn how to control his new powers and only having vague recollections of what will happen in the future rather than a clear memory of them.

Still, I agree that this probably would have been much more powerful as a chapter to bridge the "Everything got fucked" arc and "New Game+" arc.

Is the Dragon God Big Mom or something? Destroying a nation for denying sweets is kind of her thing.

And the raws look pretty intense

Spoiler

Hey kid, wanna hunt some dragons?

A) What makes you think I've not read the hero's journey? Which makes this series no less of an offender since the concept of the hero's journey is as used as Deus Ex Machina and this has brought NOTHING fresh to the table unlike star wars did back in the day.
B) Don't assume things so fast of people.

Then we have arrived at a different issue. One which is fundamentally irreconcilable: the fact that we disagree on what a Deus ex machina is. By my view, it's any solution that the author contrives to solve a solution that hadn't existed in the first place. Because the literal setting (things that the author during world building has said exist in order to actually have a story) of the story invoked what one may otherwise conceive as one, it by my definition above, cannot be a deus ex machina.

On a different note, how can a meta structure for narratives in itself be invoked as a deus ex machina? That's some 5th wall breaking shit right there, not taking to the audience or author, but taking to the book itself as if the book itself is an entity controlling the story within.

>"Hey, this fight scene isn't going as planned in this action manga, can we change the genre to be slice of life?"

Looks pretty good for a first chapter.

You can't really Deus ex Machina 'the summoning' section of a story, considering the fact that the setup of the story (and any story for that matter) could be considered a Deus ex machina in and of itself.

I'd suggest taking a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey and reading it. It's fairly clear exactly what the 

A) What makes you think I've not read the hero's journey? Which makes this series no less of an offender since the concept of the hero's journey is as used as Deus Ex Machina and this has brought NOTHING fresh to the table unlike star wars did back in the day. 

B) Don't assume things so fast of people.

this is cool

Except that dragons comes in many shapes and forms, some being evil, some being good. Also, while having a dragon body, Fafnir was a "human"(Son of the Dwarven King, belonging to a humanoid race), his greed made him a dragon through a curse.(I'm not going to tell his whole story, but this is pretty much what actually happened).

Lastly, anything from Chistianism has to be taken with a grain of salt, for ages they were far worse than any dragon, devil or monster, when it came to evil deeds. Just remembering of their description of Witches makes me sick(of them).(Must read for anyone who like dark fantasy or RPG. It gives you a lot of ideas for adventures or stories)

The same goes for the forms of demons/spirits. And vampirism/lycanthropy wasn't usually attributed with having weaknesses as silver/sunlight/whatever else attributed as common weaknesses to them by modern fiction writers like e.g. Bram Stoker.

Being weak to sunlight is even scientifically explainable, as it's just in the total inability of the skin to block off the sunlight, thus instantly burning the skin [i.e. they directly go to burn stage 3]. Afaik there are even animals that die when elongatedly exposed to sunlight due to this fact.

About Christianity: The Malleus Maleficarum was but a tool of the Inquisition, but the descriptions didn't really originate in Christian belief; rather, it was a collection of superstitions and polytheistic religions' mythologies (e.g. the Norse/Romano-Greek/Celtic ones in Europe + the additional content from Judaism & other Near Eastern religions).

Except that dragons comes in many shapes and forms, some being evil, some being good. Also, while having a dragon body, Fafnir was a "human"(Son of the Dwarven King, belonging to a humanoid race), his greed made him a dragon through a curse.(I'm not going to tell his whole story, but this is pretty much what actually happened).

Lastly, anything from Chistianism has to be taken with a grain of salt, for ages they were far worse than any dragon, devil or monster, when it came to evil deeds. Just remembering of their description of Witches makes me sick(of them).(Must read for anyone who like dark fantasy or RPG. It gives you a lot of ideas for adventures or stories)

Yeah, I've already touched on this many times before. Asiatic dragons, for instance, are almost universally positive (Christianity didn't get there in time to demonize them). Dragons with several heads, though, are almost always bad news. And not all dragons are reptilian; that's just the preferred. Tiamat was a primordial goddess usually depicted as a dragon. And oddly enough, Bahamut in his original incarnation was a giant pan-dimensional fish who supported the world. 

The twist is too early(and sudden), we cant sympathise with him, or any of characters for that matter

If the author have taken things a bit more slowly, shown the 'original' timeline then reward protag with time travel with retain power

For now it's like playing muv-luv alternative without playing/knowing muv-luv and unlimited(getting the epic ending without the setup)

Is like it had the chance to turn into another Berserk-like story that IS actually good compared to other rip-offs *cough* ubel blatt *cough*.

Like you said, if they fleshed out the original story we could have enjoyed it more. But now we have an invincible mc with little personality, other than being a lolicon, that has a power that only existed for the sake of revenge which now does not exist; plus having all the memories of the original story which gives him decades of experience, which is bs.

I am not saying this is bad or that it will get axed pretty quickly (for now it is still good enough that makes people want to come back). But the tragedy that is one of the main key points is non-existent, taking one of the pros of this manga.

100% SUPER HARDCORE FANTASY WORLD EXTREME BATTLE 100% NO SCAM NO HARDCORE GET HARDCORE FANTASY NOW 33% OFF NO SCAM BUY NOW SUPER HARDCORE FANTASY WORLD EXTREME BATTLE 100%

CALL NOW AND YOULL RECEIVE A FREE SILVER COLLECTORS ELECTRIC BOOGALOO 2 EDITION THATS RIGHT CALL NOW AND WELL DOUBLE THE OFFER

Crapola 

hahaha I loved that little touch....

Spoiler

It makes sense since Dragons are unholy beings/demons according to Christian European mythology/dogma.

Originating as the end bringers in Norse mythology (Jörmungandr [the midgard "snake" who brings calamity over the world at Ragnarök]and Nidhöggr [the dragon that's continuously gnawing at the roots of Yggdrasil, causing the world tree to wither away]) and also common in European literature as "antagonists" e.g. Fafnir in the legend of Sigurd or the wurm in the legend of Roland.

In Christian times, the dragon often became a symbol of the devil/lucifer, and was e.g. a symbolic attribute to Saint Georg[aka. as dragonkiller Georg] or archangel Michael[who will, according to the Book of Revelation, overthrow the devil on judgement day {ibd. 12,7–9}], so it's not surprising to have the same weaknesses as demons or other unholy beings.

I'm already not going to read this by seeing "Super hardcore fantasy world extreme battle" in the cover

Except it actually is. You saw the plot already: her dying. In order to avoid that, author had to make the most convoluted means to give him the capability to avoid the plot from happening and make a different story but ultimately chapter 1 wouldn't have been resolved weren't for it.

You can't really Deus ex Machina 'the summoning' section of a story, considering the fact that the setup of the story (and any story for that matter) could be considered a Deus ex machina in and of itself.

I'd suggest taking a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey and reading it. It's fairly clear exactly what the author has done in this instance to twist things around: he frontloaded and bent the story in half. The summoning happened, but the continuation of the literal second half of the sequence requires it to literally interrupt the first half. What we effectively got was an 'in media res' disguised as a beginning. I would totally expect the author to haunt this MC with the tidal swings of both sections because of this.

My friend hates time loops, and I can understand why. Often writers use them to do bullshit to prop up writing while leaving the foundation lacking. What this story is demonstrating is exactly that potential. If the author proceeds to not exploit what he just laid, you would be correct in claiming shit from the outset, but considering its still chapter 1, we need to see how they do in fact proceed before making judgement.

On a much more fundamental note, I can also see exactly why you wouldn't enjoy this series. It has basically played the isekai card while not containing the setting of said isekai.

I get what you mean but it's not a Deus ex machina. the time travel is part of the plot, not something they introduced to resolve the plot.

Except it actually is. You saw the plot already: her dying. In order to avoid that, author had to make the most convoluted means to give him the capability to avoid the plot from happening and make a different story but ultimately chapter 1 wouldn't have been resolved weren't for it.

This series is bad as few I've seen. Literally chapter 1 starts with a fucking deus ex machina and an edgy prologue that almost gutted me down, coupled down with a cliche "master race" set for antagonists.

Garbage.

I get what you mean but it's not a Deus ex machina. the time travel is part of the plot, not something they introduced to resolve the plot.

This series is bad as few I've seen. Literally chapter 1 starts with a fucking deus ex machina and an edgy prologue that almost gutted me down, coupled down with a cliche "master race" set for antagonists.

Garbage.

hmm, the first chapter wasn't too bad,

Spoiler

Dragons are weak to sunlight and silver?  What are they, vampire werewolf dragon hybrids?

It makes sense since Dragons are unholy beings/demons according to Christian European mythology/dogma.

Originating as the end bringers in Norse mythology (Jörmungandr [the midgard "snake" who brings calamity over the world at Ragnarök]and Nidhöggr [the dragon that's continuously gnawing at the roots of Yggdrasil, causing the world tree to wither away]) and also common in European literature as "antagonists" e.g. Fafnir in the legend of Sigurd or the wurm in the legend of Roland.

In Christian times, the dragon often became a symbol of the devil/lucifer, and was e.g. a symbolic attribute to Saint Georg[aka. as dragonkiller Georg] or archangel Michael[who will, according to the Book of Revelation, overthrow the devil on judgement day {ibd. 12,7–9}], so it's not surprising to have the same weaknesses as demons or other unholy beings.

P-P-POWWEERRRRRR

Obligatory Terry Crews here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTvtFp_iPKc

100% SUPER HARDCORE FANTASY WORLD EXTREME BATTLE 100% NO SCAM NO HARDCORE GET HARDCORE FANTASY NOW 33% OFF NO SCAM BUY NOW SUPER HARDCORE FANTASY WORLD EXTREME BATTLE 100%

P-P-POWWEERRRRRR
This is great, it's not too edgy despite the genre.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics