Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 122votes)

If You're Gonna Dress Up, Do It Like This

Alt Names: alt Đã ăn diện thì phải ăn diện sao cho đúng.alt Do it this way if you wear the clothesalt 衣服要这么穿alt Fuku wo Kiru Nara Konna Fuu nialt 服を着るならこんなふうに
Author: Shimano Yae
Artist: Shimano Yae
Genres: Comedy ComedySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuusuke, an average office worker meets with his friend at a reunion, only to find out that the fashion world has left him behind. Now, with the help of his sister Tamaki, Yuusuke must take his step into the world of trends and charisma.
Go to If You're Gonna Dress Up, Do It Like This Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

302 Comments

"What makes a person look good is not the price tag on their clothes, you know."
This is truly the best quotation of the year! :)

Please also check out the author's other manga "It's Not Like I Don't Want To Love" (which we also worked on) while waiting for this one to be updated.

So I was in Japan two weeks ago. Remember this?

Spoiler

Well, I found it. XD

Spoiler

Too bad I wasn't able to buy anything in that shop. The stuff I liked were the ones on the expensive side. haha

Everytime they mention Uniqlo, I'm reminded of this episode of Gumball

to be honest, if I knew from the start, that this manga is sponsored by some brand I wouldn't read it OR I would read it and be surprised how enjoyable it is. But "If you gonna..." started in my head as "lighthearted manga about some dude with qt sister learning how to be fab", and so now every product placement makes me cringe a little.

Everytime they mention Uniqlo, I'm reminded of this episode of Gumball

I have problems with analogue watches... It takes a lot of time to tell what time (haha) it is, especially if there're only hands and no digits. Digital watches are so much more comfortable! But it's literally impossible to find elegant digital watches for women! and casio g-shock just don't go well with classical outfits...

Only because you don't use them all the time.

When analog clocks were all that there were people got to where they could tell.time pretty close just by looking at the progress of the hour hand alone.

Sixty bucks for a nice Seiko automatic. Take the plunge y'all! XD

I have a nice black leather strap Guess watch that looks good with almost everything, but I have to take it in to a guess shop to get the battery replaced with a special tool. They don't charge for it, but it's annoying so I have a nice watch that doesn't actually tell the time.

Spoiler

UZZNLPMX.jpg

NEP

Spoiler

It took me a while to notice but the sister does the same head tilt I do; ye know the way she rocks her head back slightly to see through her glasses properly because the thick frame is kinda in your line of sight at a normal angle. 

I don't really need watches bc of work and practicality but man they are nice to look at lol. I wonder if they'll ever cover hats.

Either you've read the raws or you're good at predictions, your wish is granted.

I have problems with analogue watches... It takes a lot of time to tell what time (haha) it is, especially if there're only hands and no digits. Digital watches are so much more comfortable! But it's literally impossible to find elegant digital watches for women! and casio g-shock just don't go well with classical outfits...

I have Swatch watch (a gift). It has been seven years and it never broke down :'v

Watches are for NERDS!

Who would ever be jealous of people who can afford cool things?!?!

Not me! I just think watches are dumb!

I can use my phone to tell time!

Spoiler

A famous publicist once said "If you're not wearing a Rolex by 50, you've failed at life"

I've stopped wearing watches years ago. If I want to know what time it is, I have my phone.

I must not be fashionable and I will probably fail at life... :(

Seiko and Orient saved my wallet when i bought my watches, good brands for affordable automatic watches.

I have a Casio G-shock for work, a Seiko SNZG15 for a sporty feeling and a Orient Mako for casual.

I'm now looking for a Orient Bambino or Sun&Moon as a dress watch.

All covered for around 500€.

That is pretty outrageous price but the "value" they're talking about is how long one can last, over a hundred years.  Divide the five thousand dollars by the number of years it will be in the family then you're looking at less than $50 a year which sounds quite a bit more reasonable.

I have four different watches that I wear for different purposes or clothing:  a Casio G-Shock for work because of the waterproof and shockproof bits, a flashy looking Timex watch, a Fossil watch with a soft brown leather strap, and my nicest and plainest one, a stainless steel Seiko 5 kinetic watch.  The last one I bought fifteen years ago in a watch shop in Singapore for $50USD and is my nicest and most expensive one valued at ~$300.

Advice on watches:  look to pay about $40-60 to get a nice watch (that will last several years) and make sure to find one with a watch face that is sized to your wrist. The sizes are basically, largest to smallest, Men's, Unisex, and Women's.  If you wear one that's too big; it looks silly and is uncomfortable while one that's too small is impractical.  I have skinny wrists so I have a difficult time finding Men's watches that fit well.

Seiko 5 watches are pretty nice and can last for quite a while.  They can be found online for not a whole lot.

Yeah, what makes watches really costly is because it's hard to find a watch that can be used for multiple purposes mmm...
From look, comfort, function, etc, combined with high price it's really hard to choose which watch to buy mmm...

I personally really like the look of leather strap but I live in tropical country and I sweat a lot, wearing leather watch for hours is just so uncomfortable mmm...

I don't really need watches bc of work and practicality but man they are nice to look at lol. I wonder if they'll ever cover hats.

"Cost-performance" ratio for a $5000 watch?

...IT'S A WATCH. IT SHOWS TIME, MAYBE DATE TOO. And  I thought people were insane for buying "smart watches" just to check their smartphone popups a bit more conveniently...

That is pretty outrageous price but the "value" they're talking about is how long one can last, over a hundred years.  Divide the five thousand dollars by the number of years it will be in the family then you're looking at less than $50 a year which sounds quite a bit more reasonable.

I have four different watches that I wear for different purposes or clothing:  a Casio G-Shock for work because of the waterproof and shockproof bits, a flashy looking Timex watch, a Fossil watch with a soft brown leather strap, and my nicest and plainest one, a stainless steel Seiko 5 kinetic watch.  The last one I bought fifteen years ago in a watch shop in Singapore for $50USD and is my nicest and most expensive one valued at ~$300.

Advice on watches:  look to pay about $40-60 to get a nice watch (that will last several years) and make sure to find one with a watch face that is sized to your wrist. The sizes are basically, largest to smallest, Men's, Unisex, and Women's.  If you wear one that's too big; it looks silly and is uncomfortable while one that's too small is impractical.  I have skinny wrists so I have a difficult time finding Men's watches that fit well.

Seiko 5 watches are pretty nice and can last for quite a while.  They can be found online for not a whole lot.

OOOOH, watch time! I like watches. I don't have any expensive pieces but there are really nice affordable watches especially if you're okay with buying second hand. My current everyday watch is a Citizen automatic (which I think was made in the late '70s). Scored it for about $140 at a vintage store.

"Cost-performance" ratio for a $5000 watch?

...IT'S A WATCH. IT SHOWS TIME, MAYBE DATE TOO. And  I thought people were insane for buying "smart watches" just to check their smartphone popups a bit more conveniently...

Hey man, you never know when you'll need to check someone's pulse and look cool while doing it

All these (>▽<) faces make me just as giddy. These siblings are too much.

If you have the money to drop on a 5k watch you're probably a business owner, upper level, or in sales. 5k is a drop in the bucket.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics