Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 179votes)

Kumika no Mikaku

Alt Names: alt クミカのミカク
Author: Ononoka Akihiro
Artist: Ononoka Akihiro
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Aliens have become common on Earth. Kumika is one such alien who can get nutrition just by breathing and therefore does not need to eat, but from unexpected circumstance she takes a bite of Earth food and has her first experience of delicious Earth food. The uptight Kumika discovers new tastes through eating and awakens to new kinds of emotions.
Go to Kumika no Mikaku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

210 Comments

So cute...

So pure...

So...

/dies.

Spoiler

You have to admit that amount of money is tiny when you think about how far the packet has to travel...

Sooo...Kumika stayed up all night flapping?

Damn. I want a piggyback ride from her too.

Poor Eiria. None of the current cast is tall enough to give her one...

i've always thought her eye is a light reflection lol

Eiria best girl.

10 chapters but already a masterpiece 

this author knows whats up

Damn. I want a piggyback ride from her too.

BREAKING NEWS: Photo leak reveals what she looks like under that mask

Spoiler

i'll ship them...

Eating mapo tofu without rice? What kind of heresy is this.

You are making a whole lot of assumptions there mister.

Spoiler

Thank you for having the common decency to keep your block of text in spoilers. I wish other people were as nice as you.

Next, OMG this chapter was amazing!!!

The biggest reveal of the chapter, once upon a time Izuru used to have hair on his head!

Your analogy isn't accurate at all, because you're talking about a human child. First off, humans are sentient, and communicate their thoughts. Which makes killing a human for consumption a lot more morally questionable. Not saying that killing animals for food doesn't make me think about it, but I definitely don't value an animal's life the way I do another person's.

Secondly, since you're presumably also a human, eating another human would be cannibalism. Now, you may be thinking that this is a human taboo, many animals resort to cannibalism in the wild. However, then you'd have to ask yourself whether you're selectively choosing what rules to abide by. Vegetarianism isn't a natural phenomenon in humans, we developed by eating meat. So either your premise, i.e, that eating meat is morally wrong, is flawed, or your argument is.

That's not to say that I don't have any problems with industrial farming, it's an ugly solution to an ugly problem. But to suggest that it's on the level of raising children for human consumption, or to completely condemn all manducation of meat, is also problematic in its own way.

You are making a whole lot of assumptions there mister.

Spoiler

Hey, as much as I can appreciate a civil discussion on philosophy (and presently the morality of eating meat), it is also very off topic. As stated in the comments section guidelines, it should be kept to a forum thread. I personally don't like seeing comments sections close because, to me, reading the comments is half the fun of this site.

Spoiler

You can feel the yandere in him in that picture.

Except the heart isn't at his eyes only his face 

XD

Truly, TRULY won't be Batoto comment section otherwise.

Man I wish this was Danbooru instead, at least they teach fucking rocket science and both general + niche knowledge in the comments over there, other than commenting on the pictures.

as a respect for other creatures that lost their lives, in order to prolong ours.

I don't think being a vegan is the answer.
I think it's enough just to be grateful, respectful, and live your best as a tribute to your meal.

Unless you have a specific medical condition or don't have access to healthy and affordable plant-based alternatives (possibly with supplements or fortified foods, and, in particular, containing B12, which there's a good chance you'll need to supplement as you get older, anyway), then it's not really a matter of prolonging your life at all. What reasons are left, and do they justify the harm done to these animals? 

Animals also aren't comforted by our gratitude and tributes after they're killed, and killing them in the first place doesn't seem very respectful (except perhaps to euthanize them when their suffering overtakes the good in their lives and it's not expected to improve, a situation that even humans may face).

On the health of a vegan diet, see the positions of Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsDietitians of CanadaThe British National Health ServiceThe British Nutrition FoundationThe Dietitians Association of AustraliaThe United States Department of AgricultureThe National Health and Medical Research CouncilThe Mayo ClinicThe Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and Harvard Medical SchoolHere for them summarized all together. 

Your analogy isn't accurate at all, because you're talking about a human child. First off, humans are sentient, and communicate their thoughts. Which makes killing a human for consumption a lot more morally questionable. Not saying that killing animals for food doesn't make me think about it, but I definitely don't value an animal's life the way I do another person's.

Secondly, since you're presumably also a human, eating another human would be cannibalism. Now, you may be thinking that this is a human taboo, many animals resort to cannibalism in the wild. However, then you'd have to ask yourself whether you're selectively choosing what rules to abide by. Vegetarianism isn't a natural phenomenon in humans, we developed by eating meat. So either your premise, i.e, that eating meat is morally wrong, is flawed, or your argument is.

That's not to say that I don't have any problems with industrial farming, it's an ugly solution to an ugly problem. But to suggest that it's on the level of raising children for human consumption, or to completely condemn all manducation of meat, is also problematic in its own way.

Not all humans can communicate their thoughts, whether due to their age (infants) or differences in cognitive development, so we could apply it to them only. This is the "argument from marginal cases". There's also a lot of evidence supporting the sentience of nonhuman animals, to varying degrees of sentience and subject to their limited capacities to communicate, of course. Even if you thought the probability that chickens are conscious was only 5%, because of the numbers we harm, that's still very bad in expectation. You don't have to value nonhuman animals as much as humans for the argument against their use to hold; you just have to believe that harms done aren't justified by the benefits from particular uses (food, cosmetics, entertainment and research can be considered individually). (It also depends on your views of population ethics, at least when the animals generally have good lives, even if cut short (so probably not in factory farms), e.g. making people happy vs making happy people. See the repugnant conclusion and the asymmetry.)

Whether or not humanity developed from hunting is not relevant now, since the benefits are not the same anymore; the morality of our past hunting is a separate issue. What benefits from your consumption of animal products justify the harms done to animals (and the environment and other humans)? See my response to Radiaz above. It may be excusable to let some people eat animal products because of some need, but are you one of them?

I look forward to the untold stories of Chihiro and Izuru 

Spoiler

They really suit each other!

Spoiler

Spoiler

The fact that they all used to be delinquents is actually hilarious. 

Oh boy, that is one scary face you are making there MC-kun...

Spoiler

Another reason for why she doesn't gain a ton of weight is that her metabolism ramped up and she has started using the bathroom multiple times per day, not the once a month she used to as stated in chapter 4.

and going off of panda analogies. Pandas need to eat a lot of bamboo to meet their nutrition requirements. It's likely the same for her. The difference is that instead of having to shove bamboo into her mouth constantly she merely breaths constantly and therefore was constantly eating.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics