Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 193votes)

Black Torch

Alt Names: alt ブラックトーチalt 黑炬Black Torchalt Kara Meşale
Author: Takaki Tsuyoshi
Artist: Takaki Tsuyoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As a descendant of shinobi, Jirou Azuma has been learning ninja techniques his entire life. But in addition to that, he also has the ability to talk to animals. One day when he rescues a strange black cat named Ragou, he learns that the world is filled with spirits called mononoke that can take the form of both people and animals. However, their meeting is cut short when they are attacked by a hostile mononoke who is after Ragou's power.
Go to Black Torch Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Just Some Thoughts New Window Voxus
  • 0 Replies

168 Comments

Another shounen isn't bad. We need a well done shounen and this one have done it so far. Great art also.

Sometimes, you just need that classic Shounen series.

This is it.

I don't knwo why people say things like 

cool guy shows up

protagonist doesn't like his cool guyness

challenges him to a fight

gets his ass kicked

but no wait he actually used that first hit to judge his opponents strength

it ends in a tie

cool guy admits defeat

Where have i seen this before? oh wait, every shounen manga ever produced ever

the series has been good old standard shonen 

Spoiler

Say what you will about the plot, I live for this kind of art.

Sometimes, you just need that classic Shounen series.

This is it.

I thought there was only one Sessho-seki (killing stone), and that it came the 9-tailed kitsune woman Tamamo no Mae.

cool guy shows up

gets his ass kicked

it ends in a tie

cool guy admits defeat

Can agree but sadly 90% of shounen battle manga have "idiot", "pathetic" appended to their protags

It's like they used two different artists to draw the eyes. Moody boys ft. Kyoani guest stars.

OLmZuI3.png

cool guy shows up

gets his ass kicked

it ends in a tie

cool guy admits defeat

I like it. The MC is likable and the cat is cute ♥_♥ And I like the art too. I don't think it's boring at all. I can feel the plot is building up.. don't understand why people are being so critical of everything. The pace is good too, not too fast or slow.

why are people complaining and dropping this when the author has barely built the groundwork for the story? sure there's cliche here and there and some cheesy dialogue but imo all that matters is how the author builds the story from there. the art is a really nice bonus too. just because a few parts has been done before, doesn't mean it can't be done differently in the later parts of the story. i'd honestly prefer this than most other genre nowadays especially sports mangas. (except hinomaru. that one is legit.)

Geez..... Every character pissed me off except MC duo!
Ragou is the cat!

go to hell! NOU!!!!
Cliches incoming! Quickly! Stop, drop, and roll your eyes! It's only 4 chapters in so I'll be forgiving, but anymore mediocrity, and I'll have to pass. My expectations are already crushed, and my patience is on the fence. shounens will be shounens after all.

The art for this is pretty good.

The story is somewhat generic, as people are saying, but most manga is about the execution and too many people look for "different" for different's sake instead of something that may take a well-worn road and walk down it well.

Now I certainly am always praising, looking for and hoping for more diversity in manga and focus my attention on those types more often than "normal" manga but there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a workman-like normal series that just is what it is on the cover and does that fine.

Is this manga amazing or perfect? No. It likes some of it's tropes a bit much, some of the dialogue can be stiltedly "this is what this type of character says" and the female lead is...rough in design and personality and placement in the story...but so far it's not like it's awful or anything. It's just fine, kinda fun to read sometimes with good art.

Which is fine. Takes like 5 minutes to read a chapter it's really not a waste of your day at all.

Seriously... from the way they taunted I expected a near 'to the death' blood bath. Or the MC absolutely pummeling the guys face after breaking his sword. The dialogue feels so cheesy.

Ordinary has become extraordinary....? But nothing about the mc has ever been normal... the writing is generic but I'm sticking because I'm really curious how MC's powers will work out.

I guess I was wrong to expect something less generic. 

Its shounen, its gonna be predictable obviously, if you're trying to find something complex look somewhere else. Genre-defying series arent a dime a dozen. Anyways, i sure hope the art stays stylish, its one of the best parts of the manga

Bruh,its only been four chapters. 

Which is more than enough. Honestly, there is nothing on this manga to keep my attention.

Meet, confrontation, man to man fisticuffs, makeup(?)
Packed up in one chapter.
Nice.
Shounen to the core but does it well.
Good shit.

We get a the rival character next chapter. Less disappointing, but their interactions were still generic as fuck. World-building was also lacking anything to hold me for.

Dropping this one. Waste of good art on a mediocre work.

Bye lol

We get a the rival character next chapter. Less disappointing, but their interactions were still generic as fuck. World-building was also lacking anything to hold me for.

Bruh,its only been four chapters. 

Ruh-Roh, now it's time for a genius glasses wearing prestigious swordsman. Also, on the topic of Tsunderes, Debora from Dragon Quest 5 is hilarious, IMO.

I think it has potential, but I reeeeeeeaaaaaaally hope that girl will stop being such a basic tsundere

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics