Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 228votes)

Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!

Alt Names: alt จอมเวทยุคใหม่ กับ ศาสตร์เวทที่ล้าหลัง!alt 異世界魔法は遅れてる!alt The Different World Magic Is Too Behind!
Author: Hitsuji Gamei
Artist: Comta
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Felmenia Stingray was a genius magician. She quickly became the most distinguished magician of the Astel Kingdom after her discovery of white fire magic, which had the power to burn anything.

However, the world is in peril due to the Demon King. The kingdom's court magicians perform a summoning ritual for heroes and bring forth a hero and two youths, a boy and a girl. Unlike the girl, the young man refused to fight the Demon King alongside the Hero and demanded to be sent back to his world. The kingdom, angry with his behavior, lock him away.

Now Felmenia stands before the young man with her strongest magic, the white flame, being completely useless and asks who he is. It was already obvious to her that this man was far stronger than she was. To this he simply responds.

"Yakagi Suimei, a magician."
Go to Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN/WN? New Window xts
  • 6 Replies

322 Comments

I'll read the novels later and probably might change my opinion about him, but by reading the 1st chapter of the manga here I can see that:

1. He overreacts to a point that he shouts most of time (his bff and that girl is more composed)

2. He bitches and whines, even more than that girl.

3. It clearly implies that he is jelly of his bff that's why he's holding him back to become a hero

I've read Konjiki no Word Master and the MC there is in the EXACT same situation. He didn't whine and bitch about it and just calmly walked away. Its one of the good isekais out there.

I found it more unnatural to be calm in such situation, he's not exactly overact and he did that since he's worried about his friend well being. Realistically, it's ridiculous to fight a whole powerful army with small or no EXPERIENCE in battle, it's called suicide you know.  

Cheat hero who can slash thousands of enemies like a butter in his first fight is only found in low tier story, they only exist to satisfy reader's feeling of superiority of others and this manga is the opposite of that. 

I'm not read the story too far ahead yet but I got the same feeling with Mushoku tensei so far, the characters, art and especially realistic feelings in it.

Sorry but I can't take isekai story that have level up, exp and status points as seriously good,  a world where you can beat others because your lvl is higher regardless of your experience is stupid, it's just a game world rather than a fantasy world.

Though I still enjoy some of them like the new gate and re:monster.

Though I'm fairly early in the WN:

Personally, I like this better than Mahouka, simply because you get to see characters do awesome things most of the time rather than brooding about how bad it is to be a bad-ass nuclear-blast-shooting no-emotions-having *cough*non*cough*-wizard.

i will not and will never comparing this and mahouka... in case you were distracted by my words concerning MSD and mahouka, what i actually ask if should i follow this series now on its very first chapter or not... considering MSD's works on mahouka are quite slow to the point makes me re-read previous chapter every time mahouka got updated...

you should probably wait on this. it looks like this series is a monthly release and this first chapter is super boring. The WN/LN was pretty good but if my memory serves, the story doesn't get badass for a while... the MC probably won't be a badass until maybe chapter 3 or 4 so... wait about 6 month and see?

oh okay, i'll follow your suggestion... i can somewhat tell it is boring and quite generic just by looking at this series' review above... i don't really need a badass MC because that will definitely make the stories taste bland and boring...

I'll read the novels later and probably might change my opinion about him, but by reading the 1st chapter of the manga here I can see that:

1. He overreacts to a point that he shouts most of time (his bff and that girl is more composed)

3. It clearly implies that he is jelly of his bff that's why he's holding him back to become a hero

I've read Konjiki no Word Master and the MC there is in the EXACT same situation. He didn't whine and bitch about it and just calmly walked away. Its one of the good isekais out there.

Even without reading into the novel it is quite obvius that the MC is acting a lot. I mean he introduces himself as a magician to the courtmage and ridicules her as "little Miss Mage" in the first few pages of the chapter but doesn't show any of his confidence later on. That  seems fishy to me

boy u read too much LN (or rather WN) seriosly if u get summoned against ur will and having no idea what that world is u will whining in serous way
let me  say it ( im reading so many LN too ^^) we have this world where we can understand all phenomenon is dictated by physic law (or rather atomic component) and sudenly theres magic which u cant understand or know the potential is, but ur best friend saying i fell i have some power. but again u dont know just how much power he have and some stranger ( the king ) ask u to defeat demon lord which even many country cant stand. u will totally fucked up right? plus u cant even go home (just some analogy: ur goverment force u to go to mars and settling there just do ur best to survive so ur country will be the first one to conquer mars)

oh and

Spoiler

Try getting abducted against your will and told you need you help save your abductors by fighting a guy who can probably kill you. Oh and you can't go home even if they wanted you to. Also you happen to have something very important to do back home but can't.

Do you:
A. Agree to help them and forsake everything in your past life.
B. Get angry about it.

Also he's not jealous. There's a reason why he's trying to stop his friend.
With all the discussion and speculation going on, it's really hard to keep the spoilers out of it and I feel for the guys who's trying to tell anyone who hasn't read the WN/LN to keep an open mind while reading this. While I can't guarantee that this series is going to be totally original, it'll still be a good read. Dunno if you can them spoilers but here's some for anyone who's interested:
Spoiler
Trope-savy characters instantly know they got isekai-ed but act surprised about the kill evil OP maou / can't go home pattern?
I'd probably be totally okay with this manga and everything else if there wasn't a harem tag. But it's there so it's worrying me.

Piece of shit? He's just being realistic. You suddenly getting dragged to another world and was asked to defeat some super dangerous monsters to save the world, and he doesn't want to, why is he a piece of shit?

I'm very sorry, everyone who just stamp this series as "usual" is going to get their prediction wrong on most parts.

and yet i'm willing to bet it will end like every other usual manga that uses this story style.

Piece of shit? He's just being realistic. You suddenly getting dragged to another world and was asked to defeat some super dangerous monsters to save the world, and he doesn't want to, why is he a piece of shit?

Agreed with him not being a piece of shit.  From reading through the spoiler tags based on what his world is like it's an entirely reasonable response.

Personally, I like this better than Mahouka, simply because you get to see characters do awesome things most of the time rather than brooding about how bad it is to be a bad-ass nuclear-blast-shooting no-emotions-having *cough*non*cough*-wizard.

You talking about the LN or WN or something?  Because I don't really get that impression from either the manga or anime.  Yeah Tatsuya was a little stuck on that but in the anime that only amounted to like maybe 10 minutes total series monologue that was spread out.  Most of that anime was just Tatsuya being a badass with a "and that's how you get things done" look on his face.

I'm very sorry, everyone who just stamp this series as "usual" is going to get their prediction wrong on most parts.

I haven't read the LNs yet but the MC seems to be a piece of shit. I can already tell even though this is just the 1st chapter.

Followed since imma read all them isekais.

I haven't read the LNs yet but the MC seems to be a piece of shit. I can already tell even though this is just the 1st chapter.

Followed since imma read all them isekais.

>introduce a girl who is strong
>she is completely amazed when she gets overpowered by the MC

Lemme guess...she becomes the MC's main love interest right afterwards? Where have we seen this before?

Here are my other predictions :

>the MC is secretly stronger than the hero
>their female classmate who was summoned will end up falling for the MC too
>the kingdom are actually the bad guys
>more and more women keep falling in love with the MC even though he shows zero interest in any of them, and they are all blatant stereotypes (blond ojou-sama, flat chested elf with a breast complex, etc)

Anyone want to take bets if any of these will become true?

The only way this could become more cliched is if the MC levels up by eating enemies or the world has video game mecahnics.

If you don't know shit about something do talk like you're an expert, You've just succeeded in making yourself look like a douche. 

is this series worth reading? since its brought by MSD, i need to consider reading it... their releases are like a 'slug'... on par with muninki... before i sunk deeper like i did on mahouka, do you think i need to wait for 5 or 10 chapters more?

you should probably wait on this. it looks like this series is a monthly release and this first chapter is super boring. The WN/LN was pretty good but if my memory serves, the story doesn't get badass for a while... the MC probably won't be a badass until maybe chapter 3 or 4 so... wait about 6 month and see?

is this series worth reading? since its brought by MSD, i need to consider reading it... their releases are like a 'slug'... on par with muninki... before i sunk deeper like i did on mahouka, do you think i need to wait for 5 or 10 chapters more?

After reading the LN so far, the answers to your predictions are as follows (massive spoiler alert):

Spoiler

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....FFFffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugghhhkkkkkkkkkkkk. Why don't people forget about this stuff and get around to making a Teppu anime?

Cause it's good?

As expected, LN/WN is much better.

Btw, this Isekai story is not bad.
Also, I feel that author sure likes Fate

Suimei's a lot cuter than I expected.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....FFFffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugghhhkkkkkkkkkkkk. Why don't people forget about this stuff and get around to making a Teppu anime?

The art is good but the artist made them look too young compared to their design on the LN covers which also reminds me of 7th Dragon artwork also.

Since new material is this hard to come by these years, is there a LN this is based on?

Edit: yep, there's one.

Always nice to see someone be sensible and say no, after all why should they risk their lives because that were forced to come to this world at the will of the king? Not like the king can force you to do it either since you could just kill him if needed seeing as a hero is granted great power (at least in this one and most others).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics