Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 94votes)

Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema

Alt Names: alt I love cinema, I am lonely.alt Kine-san no Hitori de Cinemaalt Kine-san's Cinema Alonealt 木根さんの1人でキネマ
Author: Asai
Artist: Asai
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kine Machiko is a thirty-something office worker, who loves nothing more than watching movies and writing her review blog. She hides her passion for movies from her co-workers due to unpleasant past experiences, but she still wants friends with whom she can share her love of movies. What will be the next movie she watches? What dark, geeky secret will haunt her next? Will she ever make any movie friends?

Latest Chapter: http://www.younganimal-densi.com/ttop?id=41
Go to Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

144 Comments

Actually it's a good book if the grotesque and surreal doesn't put off you too much. Despite the absurd premise the author reaches an ending that makes perfectly sense. Bizarro fiction is a legit and fairly new literary genre.

Fifty Shades of Grey would be a more apt example of literary trash.

I was interested in a few of his books but I don't particularly like digital copies and I've never seen physical copies.  Him and that Muslim author that tried to pick a backyard wrestling match with the leader of one of those Islamist student groups with ties to Hamas.

51OCz8yCk3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Actually it's a good book if the grotesque and surreal doesn't put off you too much. Despite the absurd premise the author reaches an ending that makes perfectly sense. Bizarro fiction is a legit and fairly new literary genre.

Fifty Shades of Grey would be a more apt example of literary trash.

How can one make a manga about watching movies?There are some good movies out there (e.g. the Jackie Chan movies [mainly the older ones before 2000] or the good old Bud Spencer&Terrence Hill movies), but most movies are just trash and a waste of time.

Unlike when you read, you don't even train your brain when watching movies, and nowadays movies are just full of bulls#!+, perversion and swearing.

Otherwise the movies are boring and so dull that you don't even know why you watched the movie.

I'd never make watching movies a hobby, it's better to play games in foreign languages to train your language proficiency while having fun. Or go outside and train your body so that you won't become a zombie once you're old...

*tips fedora*

EHl8OG0.png

Well, considering the age of Kine-san (she did say 30 something, right?) and the time setting of this manga (from the Star Wars chapter), it would be safe to assume that she was born between late '70s and mid '80s. Thus, enduro was on point that she's among the older people who enjoy BttF ...

How have you not seen T2. Its like one of the best Sequels.

That's fine if you were born in the late 90s. For the older people and mainstream SF fans, Back to the Future is the shit.

If you're born in the late 90's I can understand the lack of appeal from the Godfather, and BttF is starting to feel dated (though it aged nicely for a movie with plenty of visual effects)
But that's still no excuse for having watched LotR three times!

Well, I never watch Back to the Future, any Godfather, any Avengers, but I've watch the extended version of LoTR at least 3 times mmm...

That's fine if you were born in the late 90s. For the older people and mainstream SF fans, Back to the Future is the shit.

Idk.... I mean her roommate Satou seems more than enough to fulfill her companionship needs. (Socializing , Hobbying, etc) Maybe having a bf is far from her goals rn. Plus I'd love to be roommates with these two. They seem like fun to be around. And maybe they should move to a two bedroom apartment.

Isn't there like little hints of GL here and there ? 

Just realized that Kine-san's age is 30+ XD. She better find a man soon.

Idk.... I mean her roommate Satou seems more than enough to fulfill her companionship needs. (Socializing , Hobbying, etc)

Maybe having a bf is far from her goals rn. Plus I'd love to be roommates with these two. They seem like fun to be around. And maybe they should move to a two bedroom apartment.

Well, I never watch Back to the Future, any Godfather, any Avengers, but I've watch the extended version of LoTR at least 3 times mmm...

Spoiler

Wait, you faced a typhoon to watch the phantom menace on theaters?

Kine-san, you poor soul

Just realized that Kine-san's age is 30+ XD. She better find a man soon.

A lot of books are filled with perversion and swearing, too. Especially the ones my mother used to read.

Plus is RLM can make a series talking about schlock, I'm sure a manga will do just fine.

A lot of books are filled with perversion and swearing, too. Especially the ones my mother used to read.

51OCz8yCk3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How can one make a manga about watching movies?There are some good movies out there (e.g. the Jackie Chan movies [mainly the older ones before 2000] or the good old Bud Spencer&Terrence Hill movies), but most movies are just trash and a waste of time.

Unlike when you read, you don't even train your brain when watching movies, and nowadays movies are just full of bulls#!+, perversion and swearing.

Otherwise the movies are boring and so dull that you don't even know why you watched the movie.

I'd never make watching movies a hobby, it's better to play games in foreign languages to train your language proficiency while having fun. Or go outside and train your body so that you won't become a zombie once you're old...

All through this chapter I was thinking, "fucking zombie movies, they all suck" and then I realized I'd seen and enjoyed most of the films she mentions...

I was surprised Cockneys vs Zombies and Juan of the Dead got a mention.  Then disappointment by the lack of the 2006 classic Fido

Never before did I want a Japanese product to refer to The Toxic Avenger more and never has any given this much potential to do so.

..idn't shoot first?

Did too!

All through this chapter I was thinking, "fucking zombie movies, they all suck" and then I realized I'd seen and enjoyed most of the films she mentions...

Refreshing,

A good 4!

Second page typo - "Hotori" instead of "Hitori".

Thanks, missed that entirely.

Both are in the re-upload queue right now.

• whh likes this

Last of Us was cool, i mean it had fungi parasites and it was a bit more realistic.

Walking Dead is also cool, it deals with the logistics of staying alive long term in a Zombie Apocalypse, something that is not really done in most other Zombie media.....

Wow, she is so right, the good/shit ratio is not good in the Zombie genre.

Perfectly encapsulates the fall, rise, and fall again of the zombie movie genre.

There never was a proper "revival" of the zombie genre, discounting no more than a couple of modern films. Along with the oversaturation issue the movie-buff Christmas Cake mentions, the reason the supposed revival happened at all was because it turned into something completely removed from the original genre: action movies in disguise or glorified disaster flicks.

The focus is almost entirely on the plucky group of survivors and their near-constant infighting, since people in the genre seem to have given up on trying to make mindless hordes scary or give it any semblance of horror. A real shame.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics