Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 94votes)

Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema

Alt Names: alt I love cinema, I am lonely.alt Kine-san no Hitori de Cinemaalt Kine-san's Cinema Alonealt 木根さんの1人でキネマ
Author: Asai
Artist: Asai
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kine Machiko is a thirty-something office worker, who loves nothing more than watching movies and writing her review blog. She hides her passion for movies from her co-workers due to unpleasant past experiences, but she still wants friends with whom she can share her love of movies. What will be the next movie she watches? What dark, geeky secret will haunt her next? Will she ever make any movie friends?

Latest Chapter: http://www.younganimal-densi.com/ttop?id=41
Go to Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

144 Comments

After reading this chapter I kind of really want these two to become a couple

Love Actually is a pretty good movie in its genre at the very least. I kinda miss Alan Rickman.

yuri development?

the second volume is going fantastic xD!! another great chapter

best moment 

RjCJ4G1.png

the sound kine probably made here, would be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdgVOMLQg_8

Love is all around in this chapter in Kine-san.

Also yes KFC has a christmas dinner, but really the fried chicken in Japan is good.

wI08T.png

I want this one.

I want it now.

Sadly, I don't have a translated script past chapter 9...

My takeaway from this manga:

Spoiler

You indeed are a gentleman of esteemed tastes. Carry on fine sir.

Watch a goddamned Ghibli movie.

They're Japanese Disney. It'll warm your jaded heart like a mug of hot chocolate and a shot of insulin.

I absolutely love that this didn't go the predictable way of her watching a Ghibli movie and becoming a fangirl. Instead, she remains a stubborn ass.

As for me, I don't particularly like what Ghibli films I've seen. Not my thing, I guess. I also HAAAAATE Ponko. That film dealt damage to my brain. Hot garbage

Chapter 7 was definitely the best chapter so far.

I was laughing all the chapter, specially when Mizuki appeared 

and did this...

Spoiler

Spoiler

well, we know who he looks after

More+like+morning+booty+_32ce798693c474c

I've only seen parts of Princess Mononoke and even then I don't remember anything about it.

I have also not watched a studio ghibli movie, nor do i want to see them, then again i don't consider myself a cinephile

wI08T.png

I want this one.

I want it now.

...I have a confession to make. I've never really watched Ghibli movies. I've watched parts of some movies but never liked it. 

You... infidel

Kine-san, it's not like you don't have friends because your hobby is watching movies but it's because your attitude and your mindset... Your ego is too big that you won't listen to other people's opinion and getting pissed off every time people didn't agree with you, eager to force opinion on other but hate it to death if you're being on the receiving end, didn't bother trying to at least learn popular conversation topics, etc. It's getting more and more apparent that your actual personality is annoying and pain in the ass to deal with as the series goes on lol.

Spoiler

Kine-san no shiri no cinema.

Chapter 7 was definitely the best chapter so far.

...I have a confession to make. I've never really watched Ghibli movies. I've watched parts of some movies but never liked it. 

The love-hate sexual tension between Kine and Satou is delicious.

As a North American consumer of Studio Ghibli since 1987 my only reaction would be

Spoiler

Otherwise, excellent chapter, excellent notes ScorSX! Thanks again!

Spoiler

Mmm. I see you're a man of culture as well. Lovely collection.

Spoiler

How can one make a manga about watching movies?There are some good movies out there (e.g. the Jackie Chan movies [mainly the older ones before 2000] or the good old Bud Spencer&Terrence Hill movies), but most movies are just trash and a waste of time.

Unlike when you read, you don't even train your brain when watching movies, and nowadays movies are just full of bulls#!+, perversion and swearing.

Otherwise the movies are boring and so dull that you don't even know why you watched the movie.

I'd never make watching movies a hobby, it's better to play games in foreign languages to train your language proficiency while having fun. Or go outside and train your body so that you won't become a zombie once you're old...

There are a lot of good movies. Most are just older. I used to watch a lot of movies and also read. There are positives to both.

Most of the newer books are garbage too though. But the reason why it seems like there are better things from the past is you can go through a much longer time period. Maybe there are 2-3 really good things a year, at best. But if you're looking through hundreds of years, that's a huge selection to pull from, whereas if you consume everything new you're not being selective. I think the rate got worse and now it's maybe 1 every 3 years is all.

Well, considering the age of Kine-san (she did say 30 something, right?) and the time setting of this manga (from the Star Wars chapter), it would be safe to assume that she was born between late '70s and mid '80s. Thus, enduro was on point that she's among the older people who enjoy BttF ...

we can pin it closer than that rather easily, thanks to the Indiana Jones chapter and the charming anecdote about biking through a typhoon to see Phantom Menace.

Phantom Menace came out in the summer of 1999(May in the US, July in Japan), and she was in high school at the time. That cuts her birth window to four years(We shall assume she saw it in July '99, because she is Machiko and it was a new Star Wars film. The hype was strong with that one and waiting was not an option.).

She can't be born before 1981, or she graduates before the movie releases. And after '84 she isn't yet in high school when it comes out.

If secret her age is, reveal so much she should not. 

Isn't there like little hints of GL here and there ? 

Of course there's that too, and who's to say I'm a supporter of it ewe ?

Right now though she's looking for a movie companion.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics