Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 222votes)

Piano no Mori

Alt Names: alt วัยกระเตาะ ตึ่งตึงตึ๊งalt ピアノの森 - The perfect world of KAIalt 琴絃森林alt 피아노의 숲alt Piano Forestalt Piano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kaialt Piyano Ormanı: Kai'nun Mükemmel Dünyasıalt 森林中的钢琴师
Author: Isshiki Makoto
Artist: Isshiki Makoto
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.

Piano no Mori won a Grand Prize from 2008 [12th] Japan Media Arts Festival.
Go to Piano no Mori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic latest chapter discussion New Window annihilator
  • 8 Replies
Topic What's in the name? New Window Kusunoki
  • 0 Replies

800 Comments

@kusunoki just to know, are there some extras related with piano no mori in reserve?

And just like that, its over. thank you for translating. Now i need something to fill the void.

Eternal gratitude to EGS and also to KEFI and Reimu too that put so much love in this title. Thanks a lot!
My one true regret regarding the whole series is that we cannot experience the music the mangaka described, but can only imagine the differences of how the piece sounds versus how the characters played them.

It's over.

/sits and stares into the distance

What do I do with my life.

I got so exited this last chapter (240) because the mangaka used the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, Tx. I'm from there and have visited this place multiple times and even was in a choir performance there for a summer camp. Might seem lame but god it made me so excited!

Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but...  Man I'm so glad they finally let Wei Pang into the circle of confidence.  It was grating on me, how silly Kai was being about keeping Wei Pang away from anything related to Ajino.  I mean I get it, I really do.  But good God, have some mercy man.  Pang survived his own personal Hell because of Ajino.  Just open the door for him a little bit, Kai.

2 papers in 6 days? easy even if theyre 20+ pagers.

Some people just can't take a joke -_-

In case anyone else somehow didn't notice that the last page was actually a duplicate of the previous page, let me make this clear:

I'm the translator and QC of this series, and I like to make stupid jokes to express my love for this series and to vent off scanlation stress. I make parody pages and include them at the end of chapters whenever I feel like it. They are not part of the plot written by Isshiki-sensei. I thought it should be pretty obvious but apparently it's not. In the future I'll be sure to state it clearly on any pages I make to avoid confusion.

I'm well aware it was a non-canon joke page.

An Ajino/Reiko warning at the top of the page would've sufficed.  It might not be a big deal to you, but forced romance, especially when I have to deal with forced romance on an extremely frequent basis that usually shoves aside and steps over other potential romances just because of mild discrimination, can ruin peoples' day. (I'm mostly talking about other series and every media culture in the world ever.)

Like I wouldn't put Kai/Shuuhei shippy art/dubbed comics in the comments without at least a spoiler tag, even though the manga sometimes (undeliberately?) fanservices it and treats it like a gay joke, and because you put in the hard work to scanlate this I wouldn't ask you to not make content to help you vent, but please at least warn for it.

Ajino and Kai's relationship is just. so. fucking. profound

god how long has it been

I remember seeing that goddamn line on p36 in the raws and just,,keeling over because it was so 

My chest is flying, what is this feeling

This made my day. Thanks, Kusunoki. You rock.

Special shoutout to choiboy84, who I all but forced into translating the last 2 chapters in my place 'cause I'm dying.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Wei Pang any more than I already did... HE DID THIS. AND MADE THAT FACE.

And can we talk about p37. All I can see is this:

Spoiler

*Grips heart and dies*

Reiterating 'cause I gotta... I find Kai and Ajino's relationship to be ; _; utterly beautiful and so damn (grips heart)

GOD I'M. compromised i

It's great to see Wei Pang loosen up. Look at all those faces lol

Sorry for being late with this chapter. I hope I'll be on time for 240 but no promises because I have 4 presentations coming up RIP

It's the final stretch so hang in there but don't overdo it. :)

Also this chapter man...Kai doing well hype, Ajino surgery hype, Edge of the Forest gone hype, Pang being so happy and free hype it's so many good things simultaneously.

Then the slap down at the end. I mean, I guess it makes sense but damn, that did catch me off guard. (x_x)

Didn't know one text message could make me feel so bad, until now.

The sumo kid is Kinpira, the former bully.

And ohnoohnoohno!!!!! >__<

Long hair dude is one of the clowns kai was playing with 

Man, I have forgotten who some of these people are. Who is the sumo-in-training and the guy with the long hair going with Kai to the US tour?

The sumo kid is Kinpira, the former bully.

And ohnoohnoohno!!!!! >__<

Man, I have forgotten who some of these people are. Who is the sumo-in-training and the guy with the long hair going with Kai to the US tour?

It's great to see Wei Pang loosen up. Look at all those faces lol

Sorry for being late with this chapter. I hope I'll be on time for 240 but no promises because I have 4 presentations coming up RIP

I admit I was confused for a second but anyone that doesn't notice it's exactly the same page as before, but with different dialogue, is simply not paying attention.

I reaaally would've liked to not see that Ajino and Reiko extra page. fffff. That is just. Augh. Really forced romance.

Some people just can't take a joke -_-

In case anyone else somehow didn't notice that the last page was actually a duplicate of the previous page, let me make this clear:

I'm the translator and QC of this series, and I like to make stupid jokes to express my love for this series and to vent off scanlation stress. I make parody pages and include them at the end of chapters whenever I feel like it. They are not part of the plot written by Isshiki-sensei. I thought it should be pretty obvious but apparently it's not. In the future I'll be sure to state it clearly on any pages I make to avoid confusion.

I reaaally would've liked to not see that Ajino and Reiko extra page. fffff. That is just. Augh. Really forced romance.

So that's FINALLY taking off, then? Good.

Now that is a plot twist.

Less like a twist and more like a straight line. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics