Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 62votes)

Magical Trans!

Alt Names: alt まじとら!alt Maji Tora!alt MajiTora
Author: Kashii Yutaka
Artist: Kashii Yutaka
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Minami-kun spots a poster recruiting new members for the Magical Girl Club. Thinking "Cosplay cuties woohoo!" he decides to join... What the hell!? It's not cosplay—we actually become magical girls??

A slice of life love-comedy revolving around magical girls and slippery slopes.

Originally found on MinComi: http://www.mincomi.jp/title/?title=327416
Twitter @yutakashii Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=200861
http://www.ebookjapan.jp/ebj/author/78088/
Go to Magical Trans! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

132 Comments

Again, my sincere thanks for you picking this up Wafive! Normally this time of year is kind of stressful for me, but you've almost ensured I'm going to go through the season with a big smile. I look forward to seeing that other translation too.

well "Trade" v1c1 was ready, just waiting for admin approval for it to be up.

Again, my sincere thanks for you picking this up Wafive! Normally this time of year is kind of stressful for me, but you've almost ensured I'm going to go through the season with a big smile. I look forward to seeing that other translation too.

Sfx like "doki" or expressions like "araa" are generally fine.  I think switching from "magical girl" to "mahou shoujo" was a mistake though.

I feel exactly the opposite on all counts.

Thanks for the new chapter!  The english is improved from chapter 3!  It's acceptable but could be a bit better. 

If you need a native english speaker to edit the translation I can volunteer.  I'm a big fan of this series.

so, for chapter 5 onwards,
what you guys prefer ?
more japanese like keep: araa, anoo, doki, mahou shoujo, maou, some sfx etc
or translate all of them, for example like mahou shoujo become magical girl, demon lord, araa become "oh my my" etc.

Sfx like "doki" or expressions like "araa" are generally fine.  I think switching from "magical girl" to "mahou shoujo" was a mistake though.

I don't care if the honorifics stay. whats another 1 manga in sea of them anyways?

just, fix the translation grammar please. It's reading like a person who doesn't really speak english is trying to pass themselves off as english.

what you guys prefer ?
or translate all of them, for example like mahou shoujo become magical girl, demon lord, araa become "oh my my" etc.

Kaz… I'm already a weeaboo

Please keep up the good work Mr Translator. This manga is hilarious.

I'd prefer things besides honorifics to be translated, except for "mahou shoujo" because pretty much anyone who would search this manga out would know it means "magical girl", and the club is called "MSB" for short so it retains some connection that way.

I wouldn't mind the translator to skip the honorifics, either. I don't pay much attention to them anyway.

I feel like a dangerous line got crossed.
One where Saku won't end up with Minami....
Co-Could you like...
Imagine what weird direction this could go?
"In order to get in touch with your femininity you need to *^*(*)* a guy"
"Done!"
Saku: 

Spoiler

I'd prefer things besides honorifics to be translated, except for "mahou shoujo" because pretty much anyone who would search this manga out would know it means "magical girl", and the club is called "MSB" for short so it retains some connection that way.

This series needs a proofreader...

Thanks for the chapter!

I do agree with you, honorifics and such may remain the same as Japanese, as so other things that doesn't have direct translation or the same effect in English. But I think that the things that can be translated should be translated. Things as "ara ara" and "anoo", for example, can be "my, my" and "umm" without problem. But things as "Minami-kun" are better in japanese than "Young man Minami" or plain "Minami". But yeah, it depends on the translator, they are free to do whatever they want.

I largely agree with this.

Though, I often think people can be too strict about how things are translated sometimes. I think when you rigidly adhere to a fairly literal translation, the manga often suffers for it. You're essentially bringing over a manner of speaking that's not natural in the language you're translating to. You need people who can take a literal, translated sentence and try and keep both the meaning and personality of it intact while also making it natural sounding to the audience you're translating it for. It's a skill. You need to be someone who can understand the manga and its characters in ways that many readers of the translation may not even bother thinking about.

So, for things that are distinctly Japanese without western counterparts, like many Japanese honorifics, or genres of manga named for their target demographic (shounen, shoujo, seinen, etc.), or Japan specific festivals, I think using original language terminology is not only fine, it's preferred. If translator notes are necessary, then by all means, hit up that margin. It is a foreign language comic, afterall. You don't want to lose that sense of culture. But, at the same time, you want the characters to remain as human and sympathetic as they are in their original language. Which takes some work.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a balance. People reading translated manga come into it already having a short mental dictionary of Japanese words they expect to see in it. As long as you're making the conversations seem natural in the language you're translating to, and not forcing the reader to hit up Google to figure out what a word means every other page, I think you're doing fine.

Mostly I leave it up to the translator's discretion and am not too picky. I do prefer that honorifics be left in and puns/jokes not removed and substituted, but otherwise it's up to you. Magical girl, demon lord, "oh my" etc. are all fine because the English words mean mostly the same thing.

I'm curious what others will say.

I do agree with you, honorifics and such may remain the same as Japanese, as so other things that doesn't have direct translation or the same effect in English. But I think that the things that can be translated should be translated. Things as "ara ara" and "anoo", for example, can be "my, my" and "umm" without problem. But things as "Minami-kun" are better in japanese than "Young man Minami" or plain "Minami". But yeah, it depends on the translator, they are free to do whatever they want.

what you guys prefer ?

Mostly I leave it up to the translator's discretion and am not too picky. I do prefer that honorifics be left in and puns/jokes not removed and substituted, but otherwise it's up to you. Magical girl, demon lord, "oh my" etc. are all fine because the English words mean mostly the same thing.

I'm curious what others will say.

what you guys prefer ?

On the contrary I think it's pretty logical. Better not having anyone in club than having a troublemaker.

In a manga where the main character turns into a girl at the press of a button in a smart phone app, logic is paramount.

I think she just wants to discipline him or shape him to become an ideal magical girl. Magical girls are supposed to protect their identities! 

Otherwise, I think she does want him to enjoy his new form.

...okay... wait.... so the club prez *wants* a magical girl club. But, at the same time is now putting restrictions on the male lead...to disincline him from transforming. Isn't that just slightly counter productive to the original intent? I mean if you push it too hard and he decides to delete app and quit.. grats you lost your club doofus. (not that he would but, just saying she needs *him* just as much as he wants the app) Plus she'd literally be back to square one because the only reason the childhood friend is there is because of him.. so... can we take it she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box?

On the contrary I think it's pretty logical. Better not having anyone in club than having a troublemaker.

...okay... wait.... so the club prez *wants* a magical girl club. But, at the same time is now putting restrictions on the male lead...to disincline him from transforming. Isn't that just slightly counter productive to the original intent? I mean if you push it too hard and he decides to delete app and quit.. grats you lost your club doofus. (not that he would but, just saying she needs *him* just as much as he wants the app) Plus she'd literally be back to square one because the only reason the childhood friend is there is because of him.. so... can we take it she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box?

Dude this is a manga where some random JK somehow makes a phone app that transforms you into a magical girl. You're not reading it for the iron logic.

hell right, i used google translate to translated it :v

RBFfePz.gif

well played, potato, well played...

Mahou Shoujou Google Translate!

Mahou Shoujou Google Translate!

Funny enough, the translation's roughness adds to the charm. Almost reminds me of a 90s manga scanslation.

What a beautiful duwang. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics