Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 236votes)

Knights & Magic

Alt Names: alt ナイツ&マジックalt 骑士魔法alt Knight's & Magicalt Knights and Magic
Author: Amazake No Hisago
Artist: Katou Takuji & Kurogin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti "Eru" Echevalier. In this magical world, the country is protected by knights who pilot a kind of large humanoid weapon known as the Silhouette Knights. Dreaming of piloting these robots, Eru and his childhood friends, Archid and Adeltrud Olter, study Magic and work toward their goal together.

The manga adaptation of the light novel series by the same name.
Go to Knights & Magic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw New Window Nefrytone
  • 1 Replies
Topic LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 4 Replies

449 Comments

blasphemy.gif

b430188c6c8640cb573ffc0a20fa2297f4b2409c

It's a good thing I like the power of evil better then :P

blasphemy.gif

YES, THE POWER OF JUSTICE

It's a good thing I like the power of evil better then :P

She has a nice rack I'll give you that, but as always I will be shipping the older sister character, meaning Tiffa and possibly Nora because I like the mature types best. 

She's also a pretty gifted pilot; that adamantoise fight notwithstanding. I think there'll be a few more later on as well, but this guy is truly devoted to his main love; giant robots. Slightly off topic, I hope they actually go somewhere with those Starship Trooper (book not film) mech suits.

..............................was I supposed to feel something from that flat boarded jail bait?

YES, THE POWER OF JUSTICE

I think you were supposed to focus on the robot and world building. Besides, Helvi is where it's at.

She has a nice rack I'll give you that, but as always I will be shipping the older sister character, meaning Tiffa and possibly Nora because I like the mature types best. 

Give her a good 10 years and maybe you'll feel something.

She seemed like the flat to speed bump type so probably not, but who knows?

..............................was I supposed to feel something from that flat boarded jail bait?

I think you were supposed to focus on the robot and world building. Besides, Helvi is where it's at.

Give her a good 10 years and maybe you'll feel something.

I'm currently on Chapter 5... All I can say is that so far, that Baltsar reminds me of Shinji in Fate/Stay Night... Dunny why. They just feel like they both have that massive inferiority complex.

I've thought about it and I realized. I would totally do the same thing in his position. Why? Because giant robots are awesome, and nothing can get between a man and his love for giant robots.147.png

For everything else, there are giant baby robots !!

The Gears look a bit different from what I imagined...

Is it just me, or is Eru just not that interesting of a character? I mean, other than the fact that he's crazy smart and he's obsessed with robots, I find no other defining traits. After a while, it starts to grate on the nerves a bit. At this point, the side characters are more interesting. Just my humble opinion. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, you're really not supposed to care much about Eru himself. Knights & Magic ends up being more about the people around him and his effects on them and the world.

This becomes more apparent later as he really gets started cranking out the mecha and the viewpoint switches to other people more often.

Well. Those people are losers.

Making cool robots cooler should be the meaning of life for pretty much anyone with the capabilities to do so. Who needs friends when your big metal friend will never betray you, and can also deliver 200 megatons of crushing force whenever you need it?

I've thought about it and I realized. I would totally do the same thing in his position. Why? Because giant robots are awesome, and nothing can get between a man and his love for giant robots.
147.png

lol, chapter 19 is like mecha otaku Christmas.

It's his over obsession with robots that kind of makes him a bit less interesting for some people I think.  Lots of people enjoy reading about human interaction and the characters thoughts of that interaction while it's happening; things like love developments, rivalries, teasing people for fun, wanting to show off, wanting to meet new people, taking an interest in helping others and Eru doesn't care to do most of this.  He has a single minded drive for making better robots and doesn't pay any attention really to other people.

Well. Those people are losers.

Making cool robots cooler should be the meaning of life for pretty much anyone with the capabilities to do so. Who needs friends when your big metal friend will never betray you, and can also deliver 200 megatons of crushing force whenever you need it?

Is it me or the way he talks is like a villain of the mecha shows?

It's his over obsession with robots that kind of makes him a bit less interesting for some people I think.  Lots of people enjoy reading about human interaction and the characters thoughts of that interaction while it's happening; things like love developments, rivalries, teasing people for fun, wanting to show off, wanting to meet new people, taking an interest in helping others and Eru doesn't care to do most of this.  He has a single minded drive for making better robots and doesn't pay any attention really to other people.

that's something great aobut him though, and also it's what makes the side characters more interesting. its also funny how he creates these (for them) absurd situations ;D it'S always refreshing how they can (have to) deal with those :D

edits:

Boy...Isekai protagonists sure have an issue with looking both ways before crossing the street, don't they?

nono its not about looking both ways, the problem comes after they looked, they more often then not decide to just ignore whatever it was they just saw... :D

You heretic. Beams are a man's dream!

They are powerful, versatile and can overcome most barriers.

I suggest he adds at least two beam sabers to his blueprints, I won't go for less.

couldn't we settle for something like... beam-drills? then everyone would be happy :D and that design would feel just soooo much more like Eru^^

The web novel now has harem tag on novelupdates but there is zero indication of that in the 37 english translated chapters.  It looks like the web novel is up to chapter 108 so do we get more girls in that span?

Spoiler

Is it just me, or is Eru just not that interesting of a character? I mean, other than the fact that he's crazy smart and he's obsessed with robots, I find no other defining traits. After a while, it starts to grate on the nerves a bit. At this point, the side characters are more interesting. Just my humble opinion. What do you guys think?

Eva is NOT an /m/

Although they are technically cyborgs...

This guy is going to create EVA units if he's not stopped...Actually, that does sound more interesting. Never mind then.

Eva is NOT an /m/

Here comes the devil whispers

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics