Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.13 - 47votes)

Sword Art Online - Project Alicization

Alt Names: alt Sword Art Online - Alicization
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Yamada Koutarou
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Project Alicization, a top-secret government project run by Rath, a company affiliated with the Japan Self Defense Force (JSDF), was started to create the first highly adaptive, «Bottom-up AI». By using a 4th generation FullDive machine, called the Soul Translator (STL), Rath succeeded in copying the Fluctlights (souls) of twelve newborn babies, creating a «Soul Archetype», a non-developed Artificial Fluctlight that could be copied to create new Artificial Fluctlights, which would then need to be nurtured to mature into an individual. For this reason, a virtual world, codenamed «Underworld», was created using the free kernel version of the Cardinal System, The Seed, and then transferred into the STL mainframe via the Mnemonic Visuals feature of the STL.

Underworld is set in a past era, when science and philosophy were just being discovered, but instead of recreating a past era, limited terrain and certain customs were introduced so that the inhabitants of the world would form their own society.
Go to Sword Art Online - Project Alicization Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

73 Comments

why the hell aincrad become the basis of almost all the game in the series...

Is this the arc right after the anime or did it skip some arcs?

This arc is the direct sequel after Mother's rosario's, u r at the right track

Description in short
Some scientist create some what they believe a souls, a new level of A.I or something like that, you know terminator shits and they like...
'ayy, let's do some experiment and shit, see things going down there'
'Sure mates, lets ask someone experienced to this Fulldive shit to check it'

'Oh look man, some dude was run FullDive machine for fcking 2 years straight, he's the man'
'lol, put him in'
'lol'

Considering How Kirito knows "some ppl", it aint weird at all imo....but sure, I'll laugh

So, guessing from description and chapter 1, 'taboo index' is the list of contents that are not implemented yet? lol

Is this the arc right after the anime or did it skip some arcs?

Description in short
Some scientist create some what they believe a souls, a new level of A.I or something like that, you know terminator shits and they like...
'ayy, let's do some experiment and shit, see things going down there'
'Sure mates, lets ask someone experienced to this Fulldive shit to check it'

'Oh look man, some dude was run FullDive machine for fcking 2 years straight, he's the man'
'lol, put him in'
'lol'

AW FUCK SPOILERS AWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. ya'll nerds should read the LNs though.

Ooooh

Alicization is hands down the most interesting arc in SAO.  I've only read a few of the LN translations before they stopped being worked on and the translations got purged, but it definitely solves quite a few of the problems that started cropping up--not the least Kirito finally being nerfed to the point where he's not the most special person in the setting.  Eugeo is every bit his equal, and Alice is arguably better.  

It goes back to SAO's roots as being an exploration of virtual technology and the difference between material reality and digital worlds--and then it proceeds to push the premise to its logical conclusion.  "If nobody knows that you're in a simulation, how is this different from a real world?"

Things go awry obviously, but it wouldn't be wrong to say that the rest of the SAO plot up to Alicization is just the prologue to it.  It's certainly by far the majority of the original web story, and the Light Novels were largely maintaining the same proportion.

There's still problems with the franchise, not the least being Kirito being overpowered and everyone falling all over him.  Many of these are addressed in Alicization however once the plot really kicks off (Kirito for instance is hilariously inferior on stats and techniques to most of the other trained swordsmen in Underworld, and mostly only stays in play because he understands the underlying Cardinal System well enough to exploit it in some small ways, like using multi-hit techniques to compensate for his inferior strength) 

Some things were just not meant to be on mainstream.

More like some things just can't translate well into visual medium with limited run time of anime.

In particular the secondary protagonists just don't get enough development + certain 'thought' that can be expressed in paragraphs in novel just can't be done as well in anime.

Which I think is one of the charm of SAO (novel)

Spoiler

I pity the minds that are unable to keep up and empathize with the elaborate elements and plots in the SAO stories.

This is the one and only response I'll have for the nay-sayers like Feeky. It's pointless to direct any hatred towards me, because I'll 100% ignore you completely and leave you with no response for all of eternity should you even try.

I'm with dim1 on this one, much love to the scanlators behind this release!

Thanks for the day's laughs my friend. :---)

I am even more confused after reading the description.

I think that it's alright to like or dislike a series as long as you're not annoying about it. That said, I feel that the length of the arc is extremely long.

Best arc is here!

If this ever gets an anime adaptation, I'd recommend SAO just for this arc alone.

What happened to the chapter? I know of several possible reasons why a chapter would be removed after being uploaded onto bato.to but I'm still very curious as to what actually happened to it.

Incorrect credits page, the chapter should be back up shortly. It will be going down one more time in about a week as well, as the scans used were fairly poor and we plan to re-scan the chapter ourselves for better quality.

What happened to the chapter? I know of several possible reasons why a chapter would be removed after being uploaded onto bato.to but I'm still very curious as to what actually happened to it.

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!

It is mainstream guilty pleasure no one will admit they like SAO but they still watch it. Me I loved SAO before manga, anime and such oddly enough I found it through a convoluted method of tracing someone's signature to find where it came from. So, say what you like if there really was that much hate then the series would have stopped, instead it has 4 games, 2 anime seasons, 1 movie in the works, a spin-off light novel series, and multiple manga adaptations so the hate can't drown out the love in all seriousness.

Man i remember the day people actually love reading SAO. Then the anime came and everybody started hating it. 

Anywho, thanks for this, ever since the translations stopped, i was curious as to what comes next after the whole Kirito in a wheelchair thing.

Anywho, thanks for this, ever since the translations stopped, i was curious as to what comes next after the whole Kirito in a wheelchair thing.

Translations haven't stopped though. Tap is no longer the main translator, but up through Chapter 20 of Volume 17 (so about 1/2 the volume) can be found on this group's (Defan's Translations) site.

Man i remember the day people actually love reading SAO. Then the anime came and everybody started hating it. 

I pity the minds that are unable to keep up and empathize with the elaborate elements and plots in the SAO stories.

This is the one and only response I'll have for the nay-sayers like Feeky. It's pointless to direct any hatred towards me, because I'll 100% ignore you completely and leave you with no response for all of eternity should you even try.

I'm with dim1 on this one, much love to the scanlators behind this release!

SAO sucks. That is all, bye.

Shout out from me to the translators. With love from me.

Meh

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics