Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 102votes)

Yuuyake Rocket Pencil

Alt Names: alt 夕焼けロケットペンシルalt Sunset Rocket Pencilalt Yuuyake Rocket Pencilalt 晚霞的火箭铅笔alt Карандаш в лучах заката
Author: Asano Yukino
Artist: Asano Yukino
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Satomi's mother has left her father, but Satomi still waits for her at the family stationery shop. When Satomi's father, who has become an otaku and given up on life, decides to close the shop, she begs him to turn it over to her instead. Yuuyake Rocket Pencil relates the struggles and triumphs of an elementary-school girl who runs a store on her own.
Go to Yuuyake Rocket Pencil Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

118 Comments

This series is quite a find, especially as someone who has recently gotten into fountain pens. I really wish there were stationary stores here in the US that stocked decent writing tools like here. Specialty stores are few and far between, and the biggest national chain closed at the beginning of the year.

The only place (now) that stocks higher quality paper like Rhodia is a Kinokuniya that opened up recently. It is kind of ironic though that I have to go to a Japanese store to buy French paper, but typical Americans don't seem to care enough about paper quality to keep the products in stock.

What is the dad even apologizing for? He doesn't owe that wench anything. This is his store, that he owns and sustains by himself.

The "I'm sorry" was from Nozomi

What is the dad even apologizing for? He doesn't owe that wench anything. This is his store, that he owns and sustains by himself.

You mean "and also supported by his cute daughter" right?. 

Oh god so sorry. I think it's fixed now.

Happens, dinna fash.

Oh god so sorry. I think it's fixed now.

Is page 28 not working for anyone else? I can't seem to get anything from that page.

Trying to contact him to get it fixed ASAP. Meanwhile, the mising page is something like this:

Spoiler

I hope the mom and dad get back together.

Is page 28 not working for anyone else? I can't seem to get anything from that page.

Seems like page 28 is psd with incorrect extension, that's what irfanview showed me.

Final chapter up late tomorrow hopefully if the redraws don't kill me. Wanna start working on a new manga with the same TL in time for break so you guys get this slew of chapters.

Thanks for the hard work. Are the other works of the author as good as this? His art is good and I hope to see more from him

Final chapter up late tomorrow hopefully if the redraws don't kill me. Wanna start working on a new manga with the same TL in time for break so you guys get this slew of chapters.

2 million yen is roughly around $18k, right here and now. The horrid bitch of a Grandma is obviously trying to set them up for failure so she can steal the loli away. Truly dastardly.

No scene where she slaps the crap out of her grandmother.

2/10

I feel there was a HUGE jump in time in the middle of that with no possible explaination.

The winds are troubled today. Troubled by all this unwanted drama coming.

this manga always remind me of

Watashi no Ouchi wa Honya-san

used to read it together in the past

But.. that's not Satomi.. what's going on?

I feel like she was drawn maybe a little taller or something, so much that it felt that she wasn't herself

It's just her getting all dressed up; even NEETs, hikkikomoris and home security guards can do it for more formal occasions.

This is Satomi, she just has her hair up I guess.

I was right. Though Dad might have gotten some points for recovering the pens, it still lacked the emotional power necessary to overcome how much of a shithead he has been throughout the entire series. Thankfully, the mangaka had the good senses to immediately follow up on it by using that event as a catalyst for him to man up, get back to work, and becoming slightly more respectable, even if only a little for now.

It might not have been moving, and it might not have made people instantly about-face on their opinion of him, but recovery from that sort of lifestyle hardly ever is that extraordinarily inspiring. I'm sure it'll be slow and meandering, with some failures here and there, but I think he's gonna make it.

First love... Doesn't work out anyway. Move on the the next one (aka the one who's always there for you)

I'm so happy to see this again after so much time. For obvious reasons.

tell me, is it good for my health to keep reading?

because i cant fucking stand the father holy shit

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics