Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 65votes)

Kin no Tamago

Alt Names: alt 金のタマゴalt Golden Eggs
Author: Katsuwo
Artist: Katsuwo
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: To sell 10 million copies! This is the dream of the newbie editor, Sakurai Tamako. As she goes through funny moments, sad times, and even hardships, Tamako is running towards her dream!
Go to Kin no Tamago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

99 Comments

it does, got 2 exs

In your criminal record?
Aw, was hoping the chapter title was an Asimov reference...

That illustrator aggresive often make me mistaken him as rapist

I think I convinced one of my other guys to help out in typesetting, so let's see if he pulls through. Otherwise, time for more QUALITY releases.

If only the illustrator's pickup methods work in real life...

it does, got 2 exs

If only the illustrator's pickup methods work in real life...

ARE THOSE YOUR REAL HANDS

can i touch them

Are we certain this guy isn't a serial killer?

als o thi s i s a bi t confu sing to rea d. Maybe smaller font next time?

Spoiler

ARE THOSE YOUR REAL HANDS

can i touch them

Are we certain this guy isn't a serial killer?

als o thi s i s a bi t confu sing to rea d. Maybe smaller font next time?

I feel like I owe an explanation for this. All my other typesetters are either loaded up or not interested in this. I drafted a guy on short notice. If anybody wants to do typesetting, be free to contact me. Otherwise, I'm just gonna go with the guy I have now.

I see, so that's what's up. I don't have much for photoshop skills myself, but hopefully the guy you have now can learn more as he goes. If he can just fix the major issues, he'd be fine, I think.

Thank you very much for picking this up. One complaint though: the translation is decent, but the typesetting is, to be frank, terrible.

Example:

Spoiler

Words are split up weirdly in a way that makes them very difficult to decipher, single characters like "D" and "," are placed one to two lines below where they should be, and the text is constantly overflowing from the bubbles. And that's all just in this one panel.

Typesetting, is it still a thing?

I feel like I owe an explanation for this. All my other typesetters are either loaded up or not interested in this. I drafted a guy on short notice. If anybody wants to do typesetting, be free to contact me. Otherwise, I'm just gonna go with the guy I have now.

Thank you very much for picking this up. One complaint though: the translation is decent, but the typesetting is, to be frank, terrible.

Example:

Spoiler

Words are split up weirdly in a way that makes them very difficult to decipher, single characters like "D" and "," are placed one to two lines below where they should be, and the text is constantly overflowing from the bubbles. And that's all just in this one panel.

Typesetting, is it still a thing?

its weird. did the artwork change slightly. it's not much refined as before. or its just me.

Tamako got the artist changed.

its weird. did the artwork change slightly. it's not much refined as before. or its just me.

So cute !

Thanks tamago! I missed this manga with amazing art

She's back!

Thanks Motato for previous translation. And welcome Tamago :)

After a month of not updating and weeks fussing over whether I could go on or not, this is my final decision.

I've decided to stop scanlating. With school and the emotional distress i've been experiencing because of it, I've decided to let scanlation go and focus on my mess-up life instead. It seems like an excuse and make me seem like a coward for giving up this early on but this is beyond my control. I wish I can scanlate some more chapters and make sure that Tamago goes even crazier but I've already lost the motivation needed for this line of works. Though, I'll still left the download links open for one more week just so everyone can still save up whatever they haven't saved. Thanks you for all the comments and supports I've been receiving during this journey. It hasn't been a year yet but scanlation will always be a part of my life for introducing me into the world so unknown and foreign to me. 

Sincerely,
Motato. 

Did they use SHAFT and Monogatari without avoiding renaming in the raws as well? The cover for chapter 6 leads me to believe that is the case.  

Yes, you can even see Koyomi's ahoge in the screen while they're working.

Did they use SHAFT and Monogatari without avoiding renaming in the raws as well? The cover for chapter 6 leads me to believe that is the case.  

I believe they only do that on anime or anything that is shown on tv

lol that "People actually buy this shit?!" face

Chuunibyou editor moments are my favorite. :V

not for gintama

Gintama's case is a way to know when a series is popular, when a series being parodied in Gintama it means that series is popular lol, I guess it's an honor for the author of a series if their works being parodied in Gintama.

Yes, they did that.

I believe it's because mentioning already published/completed works by the same publisher is allowed.

Both series are published under Kodansha. (Tamako's company is called Koseisha, they changed one kanji in the name.)

Similar thing was done in Durarara!! novel/manga/anime where Walker and Erika mention various Dengeki series (Kuroshitsuji, Spice & Wolf, etc.), you could also see Miyuki sticker poster from The Irregular at Magic HS on the door of Kadota's van.

In a way, the publisher allows their authors to do so to promote other works published by the company. But the thing to note is that publishers only choose to PR the "big works" or bestsellers as we call them.

That's why usually you can only hear/read/see series like One Piece, Slam Dunk, Naruto, Sailor Moon, among games Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and similar being mentioned. You won't see anything obscure being mentioned, because more than 80% wouldn't know about the work mentioned.

not for gintama

Yes, they did that.

I believe it's because mentioning already published/completed works by the same publisher is allowed.

Both series are published under Kodansha. (Tamako's company is called Koseisha, they changed one kanji in the name.)

Similar thing was done in Durarara!! novel/manga/anime where Walker and Erika mention various Dengeki series (Kuroshitsuji, Spice & Wolf, etc.), you could also see Miyuki sticker poster from The Irregular at Magic HS on the door of Kadota's van.

In a way, the publisher allows their authors to do so to promote other works published by the company. But the thing to note is that publishers only choose to PR the "big works" or bestsellers as we call them.

That's why usually you can only hear/read/see series like One Piece, Slam Dunk, Naruto, Sailor Moon, among games Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and similar being mentioned. You won't see anything obscure being mentioned, because more than 80% wouldn't know about the work mentioned.

TIL

I always wondered why/how they kept inserting all of those references in Durarara...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics