Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 160votes)

Sayonara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei

Alt Names: alt さようなら竜生こんにちは人生alt 再见龙生你好人生alt Goodbye Dragon Life, Hello Human Life
Author: Nagashima Hiroaki
Artist: Kurono
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The oldest and strongest Dragon who grew tired of living chose to die when a group of dragon slayers came for his life. While the Dragon's soul was waiting to drift toward the Sea of Souls, he noticed it had been reborn into a human baby. The Dragon then decided to live his life as a Human to the fullest, regaining his will to live. The Dragon was born into the child of a farmer who lives his live in the frontier. Even as a human, he possesses enormous amounts of power due to to his Dragon soul.

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/333000127/
Go to Sayonara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Web Novel New Window hiiro
  • 2 Replies

193 Comments

Christianity had the nasty tendency of labeling everything disagreeable demonic in heritage

Oh boy, if you think that's rough you need to learn some chinese.

You can act like a demon, drunks are demons, white people / black people / japanese people are demons, and to top it off your mom can be a demon too.

Christianity had the nasty tendency of labeling everything disagreeable demonic in heritage, including dragons, faires, etcetera. And European dragons weren't always 100% reptilian; the Peluda was some type of poisonous needle dragon that looked like Lavos, and Lou Carcolh was some weird shelled mollusk with tentacles. The Reluctant Dragon in the late 1800s is what softened the dragon image. And yes, Asiatic dragons were usually at least neutral to good. Again, exceptions, like the awful Yamata-no-Orochi, who ate a bunch of earthly goddesses until he was tricked into getting drunk and got his 8 heads cleaved off. Completely well-deserved. Polycephalic (multi-headed) dragons are almost universally evil, no matter what the region or religion.

Thank you. I see that you are a man of culture as well.

For christianity labelling everything as demon, just looking at the names is enough to know that: half of them were Gods or Demons from past religions (specially from Mesopotamia). As for not all the dragons not all being reptilian, I agree with you (about that, I am laughing when people categorize draconic being, saying wyvern have only 2 legs, ... Maybe that now we categorize them like that, but before, the term dragon (and it's equivalent) were very vast). It's also fun that most Greek dragons was nearer to the asian dragon (serpent like body, rarely wings) than the classic european dragon (4 legs and wings).

For the Polycephalic dragons, it's true that they were often evil, or at the very least rampaging wild beast (not really evil, but never positive). I think that I read only one tale where one was not totally dangerous. It guarded treasures and asked questions and you asked questions back (a bit like the Gollum/bilbo challenge). The knight tricked him on the last question so that the heads fought between them and sneaked past him to get the artifact.

European dragon were pretty much like asian dragon: sometimes good, sometimes bad, other times neutral (though, in opposition to asian dragons, who were more often good, the european dragons were more often bad). Like for the asian dragon, depending on the country, they were more or less aggressive. While in the Bible, all dragons were evil, in folk tales, not always. There is lot of tales in which a dragon helped a knight or where a knight made a deal with a dragon.

Sorry to say that but you are wrong about the european dragon. What you described is the biblic dragon, which is just one of the european dragons.

If the european dragons were so evil as you said, it would never have been on a lot of emblems. A dragon was a creature of power before anything else.

PS: I may be wrong about the asian dragons, but I have the impression that the asian dragons were more often good omen than bad one.

Christianity had the nasty tendency of labeling everything disagreeable demonic in heritage, including dragons, faires, etcetera. And European dragons weren't always 100% reptilian; the Peluda was some type of poisonous needle dragon that looked like Lavos, and Lou Carcolh was some weird shelled mollusk with tentacles. The Reluctant Dragon in the late 1800s is what softened the dragon image. And yes, Asiatic dragons were usually at least neutral to good. Again, exceptions, like the awful Yamata-no-Orochi, who ate a bunch of earthly goddesses until he was tricked into getting drunk and got his 8 heads cleaved off. Completely well-deserved. Polycephalic (multi-headed) dragons are almost universally evil, no matter what the region or religion.

Somehow it's funny to see the Europeanized Dragons all the time, while in Europe Dragons were not nice and good, godlike/holy/honorable creatures but symbolized the Antichrist [i.e. Lucifer], demons, the apocalypse or whatever kind of evil/catastrophy exists.

That's what I like in Tales of Zestiria, it actually provides some realistic approach towards European dragons as forces of evil impurity&calamity.

If they want to use Dragons, they should all look like Shen Long if they are meant to be good,noble,wise,etc. and like European dragons if they are demonic appearances of desaster!

European dragon were pretty much like asian dragon: sometimes good, sometimes bad, other times neutral (though, in opposition to asian dragons, who were more often good, the european dragons were more often bad). Like for the asian dragon, depending on the country, they were more or less aggressive. While in the Bible, all dragons were evil, in folk tales, not always. There is lot of tales in which a dragon helped a knight or where a knight made a deal with a dragon.

Sorry to say that but you are wrong about the european dragon. What you described is the biblic dragon, which is just one of the european dragons.

If the european dragons were so evil as you said, it would never have been on a lot of emblems. A dragon was a creature of power before anything else.

PS: I may be wrong about the asian dragons, but I have the impression that the asian dragons were more often good omen than bad one.

Getting introduced to lots of different fantasy races here.  Hope it slows down some and properly explores them.  Though, if it's just generic fairies and wood elves, I can understand just naming them and moving on.

That big mamono with the horns looks like Flopsy from Avatar.

rather than the MC being 100% good, its more likely that he lived so long that he got bored of life or either just let his malice go into the flow of time. The goddess we saw is likely not even that strong so i suppose he had no reason to even bother attacking the "heavens" :o?

Somehow it's funny to see the Europeanized Dragons all the time, while in Europe Dragons were not nice and good, godlike/holy/honorable creatures but symbolized the Antichrist [i.e. Lucifer], demons, the apocalypse or whatever kind of evil/catastrophy exists.

That's what I like in Tales of Zestiria, it actually provides some realistic approach towards European dragons as forces of evil impurity&calamity.

If they want to use Dragons, they should all look like Shen Long if they are meant to be good,noble,wise,etc. and like European dragons if they are demonic appearances of desaster!

Found the Paarthurnax Killer

Dem daedra probably the work of Thalmor. It's always the Thalmor.

True! We must kill Thalmors, for they soiled our Nordic lands!
Let me go say hi to the giant mandibled hell-bug!
Translators, thank you for uploading this. It was a shame the novel never got fully translated. I hope you keep at it.

it's tooooooooo short...........i want moar......orz

There's some LN chapters translated. They finish at around the end of this arc.

it's tooooooooo short...........i want moar......orz

Dem daedra probably the work of Thalmor. It's always the Thalmor.

There are 12 chapters translated atm btw, just nobody uploaded those here...

12 including prologue, apparently the scanlators mainly upload to MangaHere, and that system doesn't allow for "Ch. 0". The way they number is really weird because they're basing it off of the MH numbering system, which is wrong according to the chapter pages.

There are 12 chapters translated atm btw, just nobody uploaded those here...

Glad to see this was picked back up. It would have been really depressing if both the light novel and manga had been dropped for this series... <.<

Do you mean the female swordsman or the goddess?

Swordwoman

wish there will be "wife N*3 and 4" maybe the goddes can join in too???!!lol

Spoiler

Page 10 "Is that so.. mairal, you have my thanks"

Funny enough I came into the comments to post a similar translation. Pretty huge oversight, wonder how tired the scanlator was when doing this chapter lol.

Thankfully he missed a really easy to translate bubble and not something difficult.

Thanks for continuing this.  I missed the nice twist on the usual rebirth story. 

Ah its wife N°2

wish there will be "wife N*3 and 4" maybe the goddes can join in too???!!lol

Ah its wife N°2

Do you mean the female swordsman or the goddess? 

Especially that last page... it looks like her hair starts in front of her head.

Looks like she's wearing a misplaced wig.

Also wasn't the second girl kind of kuudere?
Ah its wife N°2

wish someone would pick this up

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics