Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 314votes)

Youjo Senki

Alt Names: alt A Little Girl's Military Recordalt บันทึกสงคราม ของยัยเผด็จการalt 幼女戦記alt Die Militärischen Aufzeichnungen eines kleinen Mädchensalt 유녀 전기alt Saga Of Tanya The Evilalt 战记alt Колдунья в погонахalt Военная хроника маленькой девочки
Author: Carlo Zen
Artist: Toujou Chika
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "There's a little girl on the foremost lines of war.

With blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin this little girl mercilessly terrorizes the enemy from high above in the sky. The name of this girl is Tanya Degurechaff, and she commands the army with a cute girlish lisp.

But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl thanks to the whims of God. Will this little girl become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army?"

-description via /ak/ wiki

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Youjo Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Perkonswolf5
  • 8 Replies
Topic Aircraft is exist in Youjo senki universe, why do they still need mages? New Window al_pacino
  • 19 Replies
Topic Technical details New Window kwendy
  • 6 Replies

706 Comments

Customary “I hate Yen Press”. I really miss the LN.

X4HzZFe6.png

Sonzai X finds a way dear Tanya

The background art is really top notch. Kudos to whatever assistant is drawing those.

Tanya in a witch costume...can we make that her default uniform?

I love that image and hope that there is a version that's cleaned up and large enough to use as part of my desktop background collection.

I liked the anime adaptation, if only because of Aoi Yuuki's voice acting.

She totally killed it.

visually speaking, it's terrible

Tanya in a witch costume...can we make that her default uniform?

Youjo Senki restaurant spin-off ? Kartoffel, los los los !!!!

We need more damnit!!

She totally killed it.

I couldn't agree with you any more! She is a fantastic voice actress, even if I can't understand Japanese. She is able to put so much into her character of Tanya. She did the same thing with her portrayal of Clementine in the anime version of Overlord.

(And I still consider Clementine's death scene in Overlord, episode 9, to be the most epic death scene I have ever seen in an anime.)

The light novel was delayed again by another week. WTF is yen press doing....

Yen Press. 

Yearning

for

Eternity

Novel

Press.

No rest for the wicked...

The light novel was delayed again by another week. WTF is yen press doing....

the anime is preety much butchered in all fronts, ranging from storyline to character design. the manga is closer in faith to the LN illustrations, while the anime looks like it's an alternate-reality thing with those magic-flight-pack-thingies.

She totally killed it.

I must say the Anson Sue of the manga (LN too?) is a bit more fleshed-out and more relatable than the anime one.

In the anime, he comes across as a religious fanatic who forgets about his family in order to bring down "the devil" in the name of God, whereas this one comes across as a soldier doing his duty, even though he'd prefer to be with his family.

As for the rest, as always, politics come in the way of peace. The people in power just want to keep it and don't care about the lives of others.

the anime is preety much butchered in all fronts, ranging from storyline to character design. the manga is closer in faith to the LN illustrations, while the anime looks like it's an alternate-reality thing with those magic-flight-pack-thingies.

Well, we already know that peace was achieved. This story is about how Tanya will get to reach it alive and if in order to do so, she will bend to the gods' will.

Like, will we have a 1984-like ending, where Winston finally genuinely loves Big Brother and is "at peace"? Or will it be a last minute twist, where she thwarts the gods plans by a last minute genius move?

Well, if I have to guess:

Spoiler

daddy memes have corrupted me...

People won't believe in god unless they see him act directly but the more god interferes the worse everything gets. do these gods just die if people stop believing in them or what?
Is this god fellow directly responsible for human life?
While Tanya's life is interesting I just don't see how she could prove god wrong.
I mean what was Tanya's argument again anyway? That people don't need god?
It's not like this series will end with Tanya killing god like some kind of video game

Well, we already know that peace was achieved. This story is about how Tanya will get to reach it alive and if in order to do so, she will bend to the gods' will.

Like, will we have a 1984-like ending, where Winston finally genuinely loves Big Brother and is "at peace"? Or will it be a last minute twist, where she thwarts the gods plans by a last minute genius move?

Tanya, most of the time (when she's not using her pendant), has free will.

So she may go against gods plan.

People won't believe in god unless they see him act directly but the more god interferes the worse everything gets. do these gods just die if people stop believing in them or what?
Is this god fellow directly responsible for human life?
While Tanya's life is interesting I just don't see how she could prove god wrong.
I mean what was Tanya's argument again anyway? That people don't need god?
It's not like this series will end with Tanya killing god like some kind of video game

That last page looked so badass.

Fuck the fatherland, go live with your family dude.

Not like he really has a choice, the exchange is his duty for the safe passage of his family =/

I must say the Anson Sue of the manga (LN too?) is a bit more fleshed-out and more relatable than the anime one.

In the anime, he comes across as a religious fanatic who forgets about his family in order to bring down "the devil" in the name of God, whereas this one comes across as a soldier doing his duty, even though he'd prefer to be with his family.

As for the rest, as always, politics come in the way of peace. The people in power just want to keep it and don't care about the lives of others.

In good time, my dear, in good time. Fanatics are not born, but created.

Fuck the fatherland, go live with your family dude.

So how old is the oppai loli?

It's just funny to see the differences between Mary and Tanya at this stage; not just physically.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics