Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 92votes)

Nanashi no Asterism

Alt Names: alt ななしのアステリズム
Author: Kobayashi Kina
Artist: Kobayashi Kina
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsukasa Shiratori, Nadeshiko Washio and Mikage Kotooka are three close-knit friends in junior high school. For almost a year, Tsukasa has been harboring a secret she can't tell anyone: she has a crush on Nadeshiko. She resigns to keep it locked away forever, but then discovers that Nadeshiko has a crush on Mikage. Not wanting to mess up their current relationship, Tsukasa decides to support Nadeshiko in any way she can. However, Mikage has a secret of her own that she can't share with anyone.

Latest Chapter: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/nanashino/
Go to Nanashi no Asterism Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Nanashi no Asterism New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

154 Comments

Ugh, damn that Japanese trope of Class S, which believes that schoolgirl lesbianism is just a "phase" that will be outgrown when women enter "real" relationships. If that happens to be the case in the end, I will ve severely disappointed even if they try to sell it with the supposedly positive message of "don't let romantic entanglements spoil a good friendship".

Well, it's not just a trope. Stuff like that does happen a in real life too. Teens can be very confused about what they want and what/who they like. It's not a rule of course, but it's not something unrealistic either.

But anyhow, the issue here is not with what Japanese people supposedly believe. Rather, such outcome is likely caused by mangaka being forced to wrap it up in a hurry.

Spoiler

It all seemed to go relatively well. But of course, this is Nanashi no Asterism. Personal drama had to follow. Behold Kootoka's explosion!

(Personally, I agree that she was under no obligation to meet her ex, but the way she lashed against everyone was unhealthy; for others and for herself).

I think this is a little "extra" the author added. It's mentioned that Tsukasa has a boyfriend. It can't be anything else than a timeskip : they are not wearing uniforms, are eating in a ramen shop or something, some of their friends are getting married and they are thinking about it for themselves (or at least Tsukasa).

At best, they are college students, still friends, but yuri romance died with a whimper.

Ugh, damn that Japanese trope of Class S, which believes that schoolgirl lesbianism is just a "phase" that will be outgrown when women enter "real" relationships. If that happens to be the case in the end, I will ve severely disappointed even if they try to sell it with the supposedly positive message of "don't let romantic entanglements spoil a good friendship".

Well, there emerges yet another Gender Bender tag over a dozen chapters into a manga. Gee, I wonder what happens in chapter 19.

Jokes on you they don't appear in that chapter.

Well, there emerges yet another Gender Bender tag over a dozen chapters into a manga. Gee, I wonder what happens in chapter 19.

Why would it be a timeskip?  Do manga usually put spoilers on the cover?

It's the last volume. This is something on the back of the jacket, something you'd read after reading the last chapter.

I think this is a little "extra" the author added. It's mentioned that Tsukasa has a boyfriend. It can't be anything else than a timeskip : they are not wearing uniforms, are eating in a ramen shop or something, some of their friends are getting married and they are thinking about it for themselves (or at least Tsukasa).

At best, they are college students, still friends, but yuri romance died with a whimper.

Hachimitsu Scans shouldn't have added that now. It's very spoilery.

So, http://vatoto.com/reader#ca1df1b446ea5886_45is a timeskip on the backcover of the last volume?

Ewww.. I hope I dropped this earlier.

Why would it be a timeskip?  Do manga usually put spoilers on the cover?

So, http://vatoto.com/reader#ca1df1b446ea5886_45is a timeskip on the backcover of the last volume?

Ewww.. I wish I dropped this earlier.

Wait... it's a triangle?
Wait... it's a triangle?

Wait, what?! That happened?

I'm just guessing, don't panic:)

Considering they only work with tanks, that sucks. Means we get to wait for months on the "Kotooka had a girlfriend before meeting the cast" setup cliffhanger.

Wait, what?! That happened? On the other hand, if it ended badly, it would explain why she is obsessed with being "normal" and her attempts to manipulate everyone, including herself, into having "proper" relationships.

Although I guess she could have had a girlfriend that everyone at school found out about and then they started bullying her.

Yeah, I was thinking both too.

Happy waiting:P

Kotooka that's what you get for going out with many guys. 

Considering they only work with tanks, that sucks. Means we get to wait for months on the "Kotooka had a girlfriend before meeting the cast" setup cliffhanger.

I thought that it was going to be about her being bullied in the past, hence why she wound up going to a far away school. Although I guess she could have had a girlfriend that everyone at school found out about and then they started bullying her.

Just two more chapters until they catch up to raws, ch. 21 comes out in 2 weeks.. Good job catching up so quickly and thank you for your hard work!

Just two more chapters until they catch up to raws, ch. 21 comes out in 2 weeks.. Good job catching up so quickly and thank you for your hard work!

Something tells me we'll have to add the "shounen ai" tag soon.

Not that I object at all.

There needs to be that 'gender bender' one first. :)

I really hope they have the slumber party and the triangle gets revealed. It probably won't but you can always hope, right?

Getting real bored now. Someone better knife someone else quick. We all know this ends in a bloodbath.

Something tells me we'll have to add the "shounen ai" tag soon.

Not that I object at all.

it's a little depressing though, seeing how easily everything can be solved if everyone didn't keep their true feelings bottled up way too much and talked it out. at this point they're basically stabbing each other unconsciously while clawing at their own reflection in the mirror. such a painful spectacle.

alas, that's how adolescence is; time of our life where we start dealing with personal insecurities with nothing but our naive(and sometimes skewed) perceptions and conceptions. this manga portrays it quite well.

ps: ch16 page 31. that face is just so unfair. hnnngggggghhhhhhh!!!

Scorpio Solidarity!
GO GO PASSION

I get what you mean.  But for the moment, I think the character stuff leading to the hair change is worth it.

Yes, and it's only a change in hairstyle. Not a dramatic haircut or something like that. She can (and she may) go back to her previous hairstyle later. Preferably when she returns Tsukasa's feelings.

I get what you mean.  But for the moment, I think the character stuff leading to the hair change is worth it.

I'll actually be fairly disappointed if Washio doesn't return to her twintails.

They were an excellent visual contrast of cute next to her reliable and downright cool personality. Turning her into a "yuri prince" character with a ponytail cheapens her characterization to me.

In plenty of shoujo-ai manga there is a "masculine" girl who is the traditional calming prince type, and they're even drawn that way. You know what role they are there to be, and can more or less guess everything they're going to do.

What I love about Nanashi no Asterism is that the girls are all downright girly and not archetypes of of their personalities and setting. The tomboy has long pretty hair, the cute and friendly one is actually the most devious and technically promiscuous (nonsexual), and the dependable cool-headed one looks like an idol-character with her playful twintails. Any sexuality they had, hetero or homo is simply incidental; it doesn't define their entire existence from a meta standpoint for the reader.

Best of all, they're all extremely intelligent for many characters in the same love triangles throughout manga. Highly empathetic and each still able to be unique in personality despite their deduction segments.

Not really onboard with the author's choice here, but NnA hasnt displeased me yet, I admit. I'll still be interested to see where it continues to go for Washio.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics