Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 115votes)

AniTomo - My Brother's Friend

Alt Names: alt Ani wa tomodachialt Anitomoalt 兄友alt Teman Kakak Ku
Author: Akagawara Modomu
Artist: Akagawara Modomu
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Nanase, a polite, a old-fashioned girl, gets a boyfriend for the first time - her brother's friend. However, both of them have no idea what they should do next... Hand-holding would be too embarrassing, and 'dating' is something mature people would do.
Go to AniTomo - My Brother's Friend Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

192 Comments

A pretentious one arent ya?

Not it all, I'm just calling out the absurd overreaction of stupid people. Love triangles are a major part of the shoujo genre and if people haven't figured that out yet, them they should be called out. 

While this is an unexpected turn of events, for me it is not entirely unwelcome because now I get to watch a shitty joke (by that I mean the animal-attracting thing) character fail miserably and pathetically at achieving happiness. I'm very much into that. *licks lips*

=/ Can we put spoiler tags over quotes? Kind of defeats the purpose of using spoiler tags if we keep replying to each other and not hiding spoilers...

Anyways, super cute chapter as usual. =) Love how the animals are attracted to him! Not something you read everyday.

Don't worry, author, the pigeon is absolutely the correct size.

I really can't get over how fucking huge that pigeon is every time I see it.

Anyway, I'm not sure why some people are already denouncing the manga for including a love rival when it lighthandedly addresses other shoujo tropes. Sure, her classmates tease her for having a younger admirer, but the author doesn't turn it up to 11 and make a dramatic arc about teenage boys drawing umbrella tags (gasp!) on the chalkboard.

The author's ability to make simple adolescent concerns silly and realistic, without being overbearing, actually reminds me a bit of Tsurezure Children.

Plus I laugh every time I see Kaga. I imagine the mangaka taking inspiration from Hatoful Boyfriend.

Spoiler

He does, but in the end, it doesn't work and they come out stronger from it. Soooooo yeah. If you are this annoyed over a plot device to help the main couple, then why exactly do you read shoujos? I find it funny when people get butthurt about love triangles and they are reading a shoujo. Yeah, there are a few fluffy ones, but most use love triangles as one of its major plot devices to move the story along.

A pretentious one arent ya?

damn, Persona 5 protagonist is the love rival?

Give up boi, she taken.

Love rival, knew it.

Well, not the first one I see, probably not the last one either. I'll just wait to see how things will play. 

And I want moar scene with Super Sadist and Socialy akward clumzy dog girl. 

Whenever I find a light-hearted Shoujo that I actually enjoy reading it devolves into undecisive/dense heroine and shitty love triangle. It's basically a rule of law at this point 

WHY AM I SO TRIGGERED AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler

He does, but in the end, it doesn't work and they come out stronger from it. Soooooo yeah. If you are this annoyed over a plot device to help the main couple, then why exactly do you read shoujos? I find it funny when people get butthurt about love triangles and they are reading a shoujo. Yeah, there are a few fluffy ones, but most use love triangles as one of its major plot devices to move the story along.

Worse yet, he still lingers around for 25+ more chapters with little indication of him going away or being shipped with someone else. Pretty much confirming that Nanase is just another run of the mill self-insert shoujo heroine, albeit moderately veiled.

Yeah, no he doesn't. This volume (3) and a bit of the beginning of volume 4 is where he's prominent. If you'd seen the raws, you would know that. You are just making stupid ass assumptions to be butthurt about like you do in EVERY comment section. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Worse yet, he still lingers around for 25+ more chapters with little indication of him going away or being shipped with someone else. Pretty much confirming that Nanase is just another run of the mill self-insert shoujo heroine, albeit moderately veiled.

He is annoying as all fuck but i disagree on the FMC judgement. Everything he does is so vague, and while MC knows the intent, Nanase doesn't really. I'm sure if he made an actual move shed reject him straight up, but all he does is lowkey cockblock like the little shit he is. The whole thing with MCs dad was annoying too. Most other shoujos its annoying when the triangle interest makes moves and fmc doesnt reject them properly, but i dont think this situation is all that comparable. 

I've seen the raws, but seeing the translation now, I'm not a fan of glasses guy.

I've seen the raws, but seeing the translation now, I'm not a fan of glasses guy.

Thank you for the new chapter! Quickly becoming a favorite shoujo of mine~

Don't worry, author, the pigeon is absolutely the correct size.

Spoiler

Upper left corner.

Crap, it seems like they really are brother and sister. Nanase also finds pleasantness in shivering puppy-like people.

I've got to commend the author on their ability to make likeable characters.

Usually I hate the hasty introduction of rival love interests because their sole purpose is to be an obstruction to the main couple, but there's just something so endearing about this guy.

Even the boyfriend knows to honor the prior engagement. :P

Honoring prior engagements is fine, but this is one time where her friend railroaded her into doing what she wanted.

Can't wait for third wheel-kun and his stupid never-ending love triangle. The tears of people who thought this would be a pure vanilla manga will be delicious.

It's fluffy at times, but considering the inner conflict and lack of confidence especially coming from her, there has always been drama so I don't see how anyone can see this manga as pure fluff.

The new guy's so good looking, I wanted to be one of the animals attacking him.

If this does turn out to be a love triangle mess, oh well, guess I just gonna search for beetles.

Spoiler

The new guy's so good looking, I wanted to be one of the animals attacking him.

If this does turn out to be a love triangle mess, oh well, guess I just gonna search for beetles.

This manga is really cute. I love the awkwardness of the main couple. I really like the art as well. It's a good shoujo manga so far. I'm just hoping for no artificial unnecessary drama.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics