Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 115votes)

AniTomo - My Brother's Friend

Alt Names: alt Ani wa tomodachialt Anitomoalt 兄友alt Teman Kakak Ku
Author: Akagawara Modomu
Artist: Akagawara Modomu
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Nanase, a polite, a old-fashioned girl, gets a boyfriend for the first time - her brother's friend. However, both of them have no idea what they should do next... Hand-holding would be too embarrassing, and 'dating' is something mature people would do.
Go to AniTomo - My Brother's Friend Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

192 Comments

I'm going to assume this author is inexperienced in writing anything longer than a single volume (hence the characters constantly passing each other the Idiot Ball).

I'm hanging in there just because I like the sibling square (Mai, Yuki, the Nishino siblings), and I'm always thankful to the team that translates this regardless how the story progresses.

Spoiler

"I wanted to make pudding, but I failed. So here's a boiled egg."

I'm sorry, I seem to have been mistaken. I thought I was reading a shoujo, but I must have stumbled into a gag shounen for a bit. Sorry, sorry, I'll go.

The parents are great tbh.

A good writer can create drama and plot while maintaining a degree of realism in character dynamics and interaction. If the conflict hinges on a point that would be resolved with a 5 minute conversation were the characters real people the drama is cheap; hence the widespread dislike for this arc of an otherwise enjoyable manga. It alienates readers from the protagonists in the same way that supposedly well-adjusted characters acting braindead in horror movies kills the fear factor. If the reason for something happening in a story can only be feasibly explained as "plot convenience" then that's lazy storytelling.

It doesn't make the drama cheap if it could have been solved so easily. People always bring up that excuse, but do you think everyone would do that? Just talk? I'm sure there are many stubborn people who cause the same kind of misunderstandings you would find in these mangas.

"widespread dislike" - I seriously doubt that. Most of the people bitching probably bitch about every manga with this kind of drama and they are usually the loudest.

You see it as lazy story telling, but it's not. It's people applying way too much real world logic to a fictional story. 

Why do people keep applying real world logic to these fictional stories? "Just talking" doesn't create much story. Of course talking it out would be the best solution, but not talking creates drama and plot. So quit your bitchin'.

A good writer can create drama and plot while maintaining a degree of realism in character dynamics and interaction. If the conflict hinges on a point that would be resolved with a 5 minute conversation were the characters real people the drama is cheap; hence the widespread dislike for this arc of an otherwise enjoyable manga.

It alienates readers from the protagonists in the same way that supposedly well-adjusted characters acting braindead in horror movies kills the fear factor. If the reason for something happening in a story can only be feasibly explained as "plot convenience" then that's lazy storytelling.

I believe this is the last chapter of volume 3. Volumes 4 and 5 are out so it shouldn't be long until we see the next chapters.

Spoiler

Thank you for that information, I've been struggling to continue reading this because of that f*cking cousin.

Neat to see that the parents would be cool with their son dating a boy.

=) Good luck with your exams! Thanks for giving us the batch of chapters. 

LOL THE MOM AND DAD!!! WHAT THE!! AHAHHAHAH~~~~ So funny.

Spoiler
Pftt

I love Yukihiro.... He's tge most hilarious character ever

That slipper to his dads face near killed me!!

Even if he tells her to stop getting close to the cousin she'd do it anyways, right?
A well-placed "I have a boyfriend, you're fucking gross" could end 99% of love triangles in shoujo. Too much kindness is cruelty.

Why do people keep applying real world logic to these fictional stories? "Just talking" doesn't create much story. Of course talking it out would be the best solution, but not talking creates drama and plot. So quit your bitchin'.

I love Yukihiro.... He's tge most hilarious character ever

Ah ah chapter 18.... I so love the brother at the end !! Thank you for your great work

3 chapters, dang

Translator(s) deserve a break next week with all these goodies they gave us.

I'm impressed about your ability to mess up your room again aki i truly am

3 chapters, dang

First time I saw a fudanshi dad, too.

<3 Thank you for uploading 2 chapters! <3 Made my day.

VzJDoA0.png

I showed Page 31 to my rabbits and now they just read Anitomo day and night. This advertisement is too effective, help.

Dude you literally just ejaculated please clean this up.

Hahaha!!!  You remind me so much of the boneheads I used to deal with in grade school.  The ones who were frustrating because they were too stupid to understand when they'd been owned, they just came back over and over with the same dumb shit like, "I know you are but what am I" or whatever.

Even if he tells her to stop getting close to the cousin she'd do it anyways, right?
A well-placed "I have a boyfriend, you're fucking gross" could end 99% of love triangles in shoujo. Too much kindness is cruelty.

It would be figuratively just masturbation if your analogy were apt.  But it isn't.
In fact, I would say you have the whole nature of the "masturbation" insult as applied to human discourse completely wrong.  You are trying to imply a lack of creative or mental effort.  But that has nothing to do with the nature of masturbation (as opposed to other kinds of sex); the accusation is normally, and more relevantly, levelled at things like very "avant garde" art or poetry, because they tend to be pleasing and understandable only to the creator, a solitary self-pleasuring, and therefore analogous to masturbation.
Indeed, given that your negative comments generally please only yourself, and seem to be meant solely for that purpose, the self-pleasuring nature of masturbation would seem to apply to what you do better than to most people's comments.

Know your insults, people.  Don't try to use ones you don't understand.

Dude you literally just ejaculated please clean this up.

Oh god please let this arc end already! But alas, no, it's another cliffhanger.

I believe this is the last chapter of volume 3. Volumes 4 and 5 are out so it shouldn't be long until we see the next chapters.

Spoiler

Oh god please let this arc end already! But alas, no, it's another cliffhanger.

Why is it refreshing to see the insecurities of a male MC?

She's a cameo reference to some other manga I believe.

Man, I really hate the cousin. He's such a douche about it.

I really wish he would just jump off a cliff 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics