Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 115votes)

AniTomo - My Brother's Friend

Alt Names: alt Ani wa tomodachialt Anitomoalt 兄友alt Teman Kakak Ku
Author: Akagawara Modomu
Artist: Akagawara Modomu
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Nanase, a polite, a old-fashioned girl, gets a boyfriend for the first time - her brother's friend. However, both of them have no idea what they should do next... Hand-holding would be too embarrassing, and 'dating' is something mature people would do.
Go to AniTomo - My Brother's Friend Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

192 Comments

This isn't real life, it's a manga.

well duh, the author obviously took inspirations from real life, moreover this is a series with a quite close resemblance to real life. Author who never observe real living people won't be able to create a genuine story and will only rely on tropes.
Is there any problem with ch.10 or is it just me?

Even if they planned it like that, things could change. It was shitty for Ringo to guilt her because of her dumb reasoning.

Even the boyfriend knows to honor the prior engagement. :P

Oh, ignore rozzak, he's just being rozzak.

The manga still stays pretty vanilla, just a tidbit of drama. It's not that bad.

Because it was implied everywhere that it wouldn't have been one, right?

yes?

The tears of people who thought this would be a pure vanilla manga will be delicious.

Because it was implied everywhere that it wouldn't have been one, right?
Can't wait for third wheel-kun and his stupid never-ending love triangle. The tears of people who thought this would be a pure vanilla manga will be delicious.

Guys, don't you all remember these girls are teenagers? I somehow remember girls at those age acts mostly based on emotions, to be honest I feel that this case is still very tame compared to what I've seen IRL >_>

The girls in my class back then can go into factional cold war over stupid matter and one of them went literally insane over it...

This isn't real life, it's a manga.

Guys, don't you all remember these girls are teenagers? I somehow remember girls at those age acts mostly based on emotions, to be honest I feel that this case is still very tame compared to what I've seen IRL >_>

The girls in my class back then can go into factional cold war over stupid matter and one of them went literally insane over it...

Why is that? As far as she knew, her friends had no lovers, and thus would just be part of the S.A.D. crowd on Valentine's.

Even if they planned it like that, things could change. It was shitty for Ringo to guilt her because of her dumb reasoning.

I disagree. Her friend is shitty for planning it on Valentines Day so she can be alone with her boyfriend on her birthday. Considering its the day after, the logical thing would be to spend valentines with him and also to celebrate her birthday early and then have a party with him and all her friends on her actual birthday.

Why is that? As far as she knew, her friends had no lovers, and thus would just be part of the S.A.D. crowd on Valentine's.

Ringo's reasoning is dumb.

I think going to her friend's birthday party is perfectly reasonable, as long as it is properly explained to the boyfriend.

I disagree. Her friend is shitty for planning it on Valentines Day so she can be alone with her boyfriend on her birthday. Considering its the day after, the logical thing would be to spend valentines with him and also to celebrate her birthday early and then have a party with him and all her friends on her actual birthday.

Mai is a good grill

I think going to her friend's birthday party is perfectly reasonable, as long as it is properly explained to the boyfriend.

In this chapter it seems to be more of an excuse for ducking, because just running away without an explanation is so last-generation-shoujo (and anyway it's what timid-but-honest heroines do, not pushy-but-insecure side characters).  But yeah, I don't get a good feeling about her.  Bottom line, she seems basically upset because her friend, who she thinks of as vaguely like a possession, may be doing something independently.  Maybe she's upset about the boyfriend period, maybe she's upset because our heroine might end up with higher priorities than her, maybe she's upset because our heroine didn't drop everything and call two seconds after the couple got together to dish all the dirt, thus showing unacceptable levels of independence . . . but it seems like it's something along those lines.  She feels like her handbag suddenly said there was someone more important in its life than her.

I think she's lying about having a boyfriend. You've never seen him and she's flirted with other guys.

Poor derpy do--I mean, Aki-chan.  If she keeps that up, the "face into hedge" tactic is going to become a Pavlovian response.

Maybe this will change down the road, but I just can't seem to like the friend Ringo. She is always going on about her boyfriend or having to leave her friends to go with him yet she doesn't really seem to care for him either. Just her way of behaving/talking makes her seem a bit shallow and selfish? Maybe they'll put an endearing spin on it later but while she's not evil, there doesn't seem to be much to her that makes her appeal as either a friend or girlfriend.

In this chapter it seems to be more of an excuse for ducking, because just running away without an explanation is so last-generation-shoujo (and anyway it's what timid-but-honest heroines do, not pushy-but-insecure side characters).  But yeah, I don't get a good feeling about her.  Bottom line, she seems basically upset because her friend, who she thinks of as vaguely like a possession, may be doing something independently.  Maybe she's upset about the boyfriend period, maybe she's upset because our heroine might end up with higher priorities than her, maybe she's upset because our heroine didn't drop everything and call two seconds after the couple got together to dish all the dirt, thus showing unacceptable levels of independence . . . but it seems like it's something along those lines.  She feels like her handbag suddenly said there was someone more important in its life than her.

He's what I like to call a likeable douche. Yeah, he's a douche, but you can see the underlying goodness in him.

I guess the reason most people don't mind the brother being a douche is he's so good at it.  He's not your common or garden douche, he's what the TV Tropes folks would call a Magnificent Bastard (carefully does not link to the TV Tropes entry so fellow manga-lovers do not get caught in the Tropes Zone).

I got lost in the trope zone once for a whole weekend!! It's honestly the most addictive read out there, I'm just glad to hear others feel the same way xx
Maybe this will change down the road, but I just can't seem to like the friend Ringo. She is always going on about her boyfriend or having to leave her friends to go with him yet she doesn't really seem to care for him either. Just her way of behaving/talking makes her seem a bit shallow and selfish? Maybe they'll put an endearing spin on it later but while she's not evil, there doesn't seem to be much to her that makes her appeal as either a friend or girlfriend.

I guess the reason most people don't mind the brother being a douche is he's so good at it.  He's not your common or garden douche, he's what the TV Tropes folks would call a Magnificent Bastard (carefully does not link to the TV Tropes entry so fellow manga-lovers do not get caught in the Tropes Zone).

He's what I like to call a likeable douche. Yeah, he's a douche, but you can see the underlying goodness in him.

I hope the main guy's little sister and the main girl's older brother get together. They would have the perfect S&M relationship.

The more I see of Ringo, the less I like her. She's being unreasonable.

hmmm, shouldn't you normally, go out with your boyfriend on valentines day and have a birthday party some other day?

You know, the expressionless girl kind of irritates me.

The stuff with her boyfriend, whatever, but why would you schedule your birthday party for Valentine's day and then get angry when your friend who just got a boyfriend might skip on you?
The worst part is, apparently her going out with her boyfriend in the actual day of her birthday? Oh, that is sacred.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics