Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 140votes)

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Alt Names: alt Ascendance of a Bookwormalt Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasenalt 本好きの下剋上 ~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~
Author: Kazuki Miya
Artist: Suzuka
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Urano, a bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university, was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college. She was reborn as the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course. Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.

Adapted from the light novel "Honzuki no Gekokujou."
========================================
Published on Nico Nico Seiga and marked as "Shoujo" Uh, yeah, it's not just guys who like putting themselves in MC's lives in isekai
Go to Ascendance of a Bookworm Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I read the WN, AMA. New Window RoflCat
  • 20 Replies
Topic WN/LN Translations? New Window DaoFox
  • 6 Replies
Topic Maine Is Dead New Window ConstantErasing
  • 6 Replies

286 Comments

A reincarnation manga with actually good artist and not about some shitty rpg world? Weird.

I hope you find a translator, this thing looks quite charming so far.

This is actually based on a Light Novel. Currently being translated. I'm happy

I knew it! A manga about someone who has been reincarnated into another world screams of being an adaptation of a LN. Not that it is bad, it isn't. I'm happy that I wasn't wrong in thinking this was an adaptation.

Eh, this main character is somehow strange.  I mean, read that first chapter again but replacing 「books」 with 「Net games」 or 「chocolate」 or 「Facebook」.  She's clearly got an unhealthy obssession with books, there, and we're supposed to empathize with her.

I mean, I'm an avid reader, too (not just of manga and light novels), and I think this is excessive.

"I want my farking books!!!" (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ 

dawwwwwww~!

Honestly, I like the reincarnation genre. There are lots of possibilities and the stories all have the potential to be new, exciting, and outside of the norm!

My first thought was "Another reincarnation manga"  but this is adorable and delightful!

The cover is adorable! I'll give this a read

Interesting. Its another Isekai genre but something completely different at least.

I like.

Looking forward to more. ^_^

Edit: No sooner do I read it than ch. 1 disappears? I hope this is not an omen...

Edit:Edit: nvm, it's back.

This is actually based on a Light Novel. Currently being translated. I'm happy

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics