Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 140votes)

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Alt Names: alt Ascendance of a Bookwormalt Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasenalt 本好きの下剋上 ~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~
Author: Kazuki Miya
Artist: Suzuka
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Urano, a bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university, was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college. She was reborn as the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course. Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.

Adapted from the light novel "Honzuki no Gekokujou."
========================================
Published on Nico Nico Seiga and marked as "Shoujo" Uh, yeah, it's not just guys who like putting themselves in MC's lives in isekai
Go to Ascendance of a Bookworm Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I read the WN, AMA. New Window RoflCat
  • 20 Replies
Topic WN/LN Translations? New Window DaoFox
  • 6 Replies
Topic Maine Is Dead New Window ConstantErasing
  • 6 Replies

286 Comments

Thanks for updating this, good people.

Just one chapter and we already got introduced to two key characters, ah, the joy.

Holy shit, yes please.

Yes! Thank you. Wasn't holding much hope for this one.

Hooray!

So glad this series updated again - it is an enjoyable one. :)

Thanks so much for the release!

ma geezus it updated praise the lord

MidoriKitzune
Dec 27 2016 09:35 PM

Seems to be totaly dropped ^^.

Probably someone realized how gringe worthy the MC is xD.

When you know something about non-everday stuff.

At least all the rapey isekai stories are getting translated, delightful.

Looks like it's off to a pretty interesting start. Can't wait for the inevitable technology gap with her modern knowledge...especially fixing their hygiene issues of dumping human waste out the window.

But on chapter 2, page 24...how the hell did that chicken's body change it's position from the head pointing left to pointing right!? It was correct the first 2 panels, but it wouldn't make any sense in the 3rd panel if the butcher was trying to chop the chicken head off unless he wanted to take his own hand along with it.

It's been a third of a year without releases, so sad.

At the very least blastron always gives us our weekly dose in novel form.

This series is really interesting. I dont know if magic will be involved, but i have been looking for an reincarnation/world travel story that has nothing to do with magic.

Uh, literally the third page. "Magic stones".

Dropped?

The raws mountain is getting bigger and bigger?

Any info on the fan translations?

the light novel is at chapter 26 which is around chapter 4 of the manga I've been told

MidoriKitzune
Aug 18 2016 08:45 AM

Dropped?

The raws mountain is getting bigger and bigger?

Any info on the fan translations?

Even though my nose is plugged, the air is so foul that the very taste of it makes my eyes water as I finally arrive at the row of butchers’ shops. On the counters, aside from the bacon and ham I expected, legs of meat are lined up, still attached to the feet and recognizable as animal parts. Inside the shop, dead animals, drained of blood, swing from the rafters. Bunnies and birds line the shelves, their eyes wide open and their tongues lolling out of their mouths.

“Gyaaaaaaah!!” I scream.
“What’s wrong, Maine?!”

And the fabled scene xD....  it's not the death animals...

It's the way they're hanged it seems + smell.

sounds like a regular day in the China country side.

Or actually... anywhere... China smells horribad.

source: Personal experience....

I'm reading the WN atm. ( As far as translated chapters go and speed, WN transaltions are a tiny bit faster. 2~4 Chapters of WN are about 1 chapter of manga atm. And he realeses weekly.)

haha. Ohh what a good read.

And i laughed soooo hard.

I bet the author didnt even bother looking up HOW papyrus is made (this will be great.... when the manga gets there!). Or HOW you can make paper from wooden scraps (or wooden dust) which WILL be avaible at your next smithy or saw shop... for almost free. If you smile at them or bother them enough... maybe?

The author's POV is not included in the manga though. What does the author knowing how to or how not to create papyrus have to do with

Spoiler

MidoriKitzune
May 21 2016 10:33 PM

You'd think she'd know that there was no way in hell she was getting to touch that book, like as soon as she knew that there wasn't a printing press she was fucked

I'm reading the WN atm. ( As far as translated chapters go and speed, WN transaltions are a tiny bit faster. 2~4 Chapters of WN are about 1 chapter of manga atm. And he realeses weekly.)

haha. Ohh what a good read.

And i laughed soooo hard.

I bet the author didnt even bother looking up HOW papyrus is made (this will be great.... when the manga gets there!). Or HOW you can make paper from wooden scraps (or wooden dust) which WILL be avaible at your next smithy or saw shop... for almost free. If you smile at them or bother them enough... maybe?

You'd think she'd know that there was no way in hell she was getting to touch that book, like as soon as she knew that there wasn't a printing press she was fucked
MidoriKitzune
May 21 2016 09:10 PM

Psychology, religion, history, geography, education, folklore, mathematics, physics, geology, chemistry, biology, art, fitness, language, fiction… All of humanity’s accumulated knowledge and insight has been tightly packed into these books, and I love each of them from the bottom of my heart.

From the WN ... somehow i doubt she ever saw more then fantasy novels and romcons...

Even though my nose is plugged, the air is so foul that the very taste of it makes my eyes water as I finally arrive at the row of butchers’ shops. On the counters, aside from the bacon and ham I expected, legs of meat are lined up, still attached to the feet and recognizable as animal parts. Inside the shop, dead animals, drained of blood, swing from the rafters. Bunnies and birds line the shelves, their eyes wide open and their tongues lolling out of their mouths.

“Gyaaaaaaah!!” I scream.
“What’s wrong, Maine?!”

And the fabled scene xD....  it's not the death animals...

It's the way they're hanged it seems + smell.

MidoriKitzune
May 21 2016 09:03 PM

Psychology, religion, history, geography, education, folklore, mathematics, physics, geology, chemistry, biology, art, fitness, language, fiction… All of humanity’s accumulated knowledge and insight has been tightly packed into these books, and I love each of them from the bottom of my heart.

From the WN ... somehow i doubt she ever saw more then fantasy novels and romcons...

MidoriKitzune
May 21 2016 01:01 PM

Books and real experience are different. Just because you read about people dying all the time in medical books doesn't mean you will be fine seeing whatever is left of a human in a car accident.

I should show you that medicine book i got xD.

But yeah, it wont make you feel nothing.

But the difference between humans and animals is big, psychology wise.

I would be shocked to watch a human die. Regardless of my knowledge or experiences.

But an animal? That's only sad or shocking if i was attached to it...

That's different for most.

But she's "well educated with books" so it's somewhat crazy to see her react in that way (bad wirting xD).

I for one live in a city and neve rlived on the land.

My father tought me how to butcher fish as child.

Which we caught with different methods (even play fishing at the farming pond xD, could catch them with a finger there...).

Knowing how your meat looks and gets made is important... my sister was shocked... told everyone "NEVER will EAT meat again". ,,, 3 weeks later chicken nuggets (as 7 year old). And she saw how these chicken nuggets where made... kids are scary xD...

Books and real experience are different. Just because you read about people dying all the time in medical books doesn't mean you will be fine seeing whatever is left of a human in a car accident.

MidoriKitzune
May 20 2016 08:54 PM

How long before she considers the thought that there might be books in the temple?

Oh OH!

I want to see her brake into that...

How long before she considers the thought that there might be books in the temple?

MidoriKitzune
May 20 2016 05:02 PM

what will you do if u wer ein a similar situation: no manga, no animation, no computer... just labour and labour?

You forgot procreation .... possible with hot catgirls.

There you go well toned body duo good workout ...

What everyone did before that.

Get money, feed yourself, procreate. Repeat.

MidoriKitzune
May 20 2016 04:58 PM

Most of time, city people (at least in western Europe & US) don't have to butcher themselves  the animals to get the meat and won't be here when a butcher will do it. We buy the meat already processed. The animals are killed and butchered on a slaughterhouse, and the guy that sell the meat is only a vendor.

But you should understand that some people can't look at animal corpses or the butchering act.

I saw Mr Chicken , Mr Rabbit and Mr Pig butchered (my family have a farm), and I hated it and cried a lot for them when I was a kid and I don't really think I was spoiled

That's different for most.

But she's "well educated with books" so it's somewhat crazy to see her react in that way (bad wirting xD).

I for one live in a city and neve rlived on the land.

My father tought me how to butcher fish as child.

Which we caught with different methods (even play fishing at the farming pond xD, could catch them with a finger there...).

Knowing how your meat looks and gets made is important... my sister was shocked... told everyone "NEVER will EAT meat again". ,,, 3 weeks later chicken nuggets (as 7 year old). And she saw how these chicken nuggets where made... kids are scary xD...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics