Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 183votes)

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

Alt Names: alt 異世界居酒屋「のぶ」alt Warung Dunia Lain "Nobu"
Author: Semikawa Natsuya
Artist: Virginia Nitouhei
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine there is a bar with many weird kind of food and drink that might bring you to another world! The bar, so-called "Nobu" is located in a alley of the old city Aiteria. AT the very first step, diners feels like falling into another completely country, with cold, super cool beer, so-called "Toriaezu Nama"!
Go to Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Need help with proof-read. Anyone is welcome. New Window Loli Mamoritai
  • 6 Replies

363 Comments

Man, I really crave salad now. Which is a pretty big feat.

I take it this is vaguely similar to reading Isekai Shokudou?

Untitled_1.png
Thats a damn cute wife.

Just waiting for the intrigue to happen. Embroiled in political strife, using cooking as a tool of communication where the dishes have hidden meanings. 

Oh wait this isn't Nobunaga no Chef. 

Can I just say that I adore this series so much? I like healing type shows a lot to begin with but few genuinely bring a smile to my face like this manga does. Really glad it's getting an adaptation.

Ch 13 PSA: Japanese eels are endangered due to over harvesting as it's non sustainable food (they take young from the wild to farm raise them into adulthood but never replenish the wild population supply nor breed them in captivity). The American eel is also endangered and the European eel is critically endangered. Please refrain from eating eels or ordering them at restaurants.

The European eel population has declined 95% in the last 25 years. And in 2000, Japanese eel declined 71% in 35 years. This was before the Japanese eel went on the endangered species list in 2014. It's been 3 years since making the list and the population is still decreasing. There are no sanctions against eating these three endangered species so it's up to us the consumer to make the decision and to educate others like that with China and shark-fin soup.

Another PSA though : https://phys.org/news/2017-08-endangered-eels-japanese-summer-delicacy.html

Basically, Katsumi Tsukamoto, a researcher from Nihon University, has recently managed to breed said eels in captivity, from larva to adult to spawning again.  Currently, they were only lacking funds to construct necessary infrastructure for making it into commercially viable experiments.

And that commander is a lucky guy.

In other mangas this would have been a really bad flag

Sorry for the delays. 2 more chapters coming by the end of this week.

Ch 13 PSA: Japanese eels are endangered due to over harvesting as it's non sustainable food (they take young from the wild to farm raise them into adulthood but never replenish the wild population supply nor breed them in captivity). The American eel is also endangered and the European eel is critically endangered. Please refrain from eating eels or ordering them at restaurants.

The European eel population has declined 95% in the last 25 years. And in 2000, Japanese eel declined 71% in 35 years.[/size] This was before the Japanese eel went on the endangered species list in 2014. It's been 3 years since making the list and the population is still decreasing. [/size]There are no sanctions against eating these three endangered species so it's up to us the consumer to make the decision and to educate others like that with China and shark-fin soup. [/size]

I don't give a shit. I'll continue to eat unagi and shark fin soup. Unagi is one of my childhood favorites, and I never took a liking to shark fin. I just really like the soup.

is there an LN/WN translation somewhere

No. Their situations are the same: exploitation. You are quibbling on details of said exploitation.

That way he can claim to be SMORT.

Because Xant is a fucking meme.

talkin like you know me who the hell are you even

So you're agreeing with me that the comparison between eels and sharks because they're 2 different situations is silly? Good one.

No. Their situations are the same: exploitation. You are quibbling on details of said exploitation.

Your argument is moot. The point is overexploitation of a fishery causing a significant decline in the target species, not whether or not it's wasted. 

So you're agreeing with me that the comparison between eels and sharks because they're 2 different situations is silly? Good one.

It's quite silly to compare unagi to shark-fin soup considering all of the eel's parts are used and eaten, whereas sharks have their fins cut off and thrown back into the ocean to die, and shark-fin soup is entirely serviceable without shark fins and is seen as an upper class food for status.

Your argument is moot. The point is overexploitation of a fishery causing a significant decline in the target species, not whether or not it's wasted. 

It's quite silly to compare unagi to shark-fin soup considering all of the eel's parts are used and eaten, whereas sharks have their fins cut off and thrown back into the ocean to die, and shark-fin soup is entirely serviceable without shark fins and is seen as an upper class food for status.

I think what he meant was that as with sharks there is a misconduct in the fishing industry. That's all. Nothing about how it's fished. He brought it up because the shark fin industry is quite infamous, whereas the eel fishing industry might not be as well known.

>That Hymmnos font

WHY!

Just when I can properly forget...

;_;

The European eel population has declined 95% in the last 25 years. And in 2000, Japanese eel declined 71% in 35 years. This was before the Japanese eel went on the endangered species list in 2014. It's been 3 years since making the list and the population is still decreasing. There are no sanctions against eating these three endangered species so it's up to us the consumer to make the decision and to educate others like that with China and shark-fin soup.

table of contents lables chapter 20 as "last meal..." please tell me thats not actually the end of the series

End of this series as a manga? Dunno. End of the series as a web/light novel? Nope, not even close.

table of contents lables chapter 20 as "last meal..." please tell me thats not actually the end of the series

we can only pray

I hope the anime Restaurant to Another World this season increases interest enough that producers start looking at this series to adapt.

Then I have good news for you:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/24/anime-to-adapt-isekai-izakaya-nobu

this got me scramblin' to get some.

on the side note, in our country here we also eat eels- commonly fried in oil or made into clear/thick soup. it's damn good.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics