Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

Wow, the new cover looks so flamboyant!

If Tanjirou breaks his blade again I might laugh for 5 straight minutes.

That kunai to the face though.

sauce pls

Paranatural.

Webcomic by Zack Morrison.

It's actually pretty damn good, I'd say go read it if you have the time.

Spoiler

sauce pls

I want this edgy demon fuck to die already jesus christ

So, is the super fabulous ninja going to die from a blood disease he got from another guy?

Probably should've figured the black nichiren blade was a bad omen, lol. Tanjirou is the kouhai of death.

Spoiler

22 Pillars.. that's a pretty impressive record

Do they each get a wife after Tengen bites it?

Probably should've figured the black nichiren blade was a bad omen, lol. Tanjirou is the kouhai of death.

So... Tanjirou will be pillar of death (for the demon)?

Thank you for the new chapter.

Yup, just let him join the demons. They will all die within few chapters.

Spoiler

No, don't. Don't do this to me. yameroooo

he can’t stop raising his own death flags lmao
I wanted to see Inosuke and Zenitsu in action...
Tanjirou already back on the battlefield might be seen like a stretch, but actually, this is the worst time for him to stay back and rest with Nezuko while everyone fights because right now Uzui is like a time bomb with the poison slowly killing him while getting overwhelmed by the two demons.
Also, Zenitsu and Inosuke will need help to hold fight Daki because no way the 2 of them can hold their own against her when Berserk Nezuko and Tanjirou couldn't stand up to her for more than a few minutes.

Ubuyashiki Kagaya was "best girl".

we got the pillar’s backstory.. i hope it’s not a death flag

Not sure if the death flag is the backstory or the coolness.

omg i wish the author would stop making tanjirou so cool. im running out of pants to cream

we got the pillar’s backstory.. i hope it’s not a death flag
Kimetsu got first again in this week's TOC ranking!

A shame that the mods haven't approved this week's chapter after 13 hours of being uploaded by TS anon.

Here I was thinking that it was B.S. how quickly Tanjirou and Nezuko were getting powered up... and then

Spoiler

Well played. This was definitely a turn of events I didn't see coming. This manga can still be saved.

No, she's clearly quite something, just objectively analyzing their fight before Tanjirou went into that strange trance we can see the strength of the foe he was dealing with, not to mention Tanjirou has certainly trained and worked to get stronger since his last encounter with one. When Uzui arrived, Daki had also already gotten actual serious wounds dealt repeatedly to her by both Tanjirou and Nezuko, so it is not at all unusual that she would be winded down.

And then we saw that was also not everything there was to her, with the reveal of the brother. But in conclusion, saying Daki is "nothing special" is a massive oversight by any standard, irrespective of how on her own she didn't seem to have the power of an Upper Moon to Uzui - which was ambiguous on its own due to the circumstances when he finally saw her, even before the suggestion this chapter that she and her brother are one Upper Moon in two demons. Which also makes it a fairly flawed analysis to say that Tanjiro and Nezuko didn't pull anything unexpected there, because they did, and even in the context of the fight as an isolated instance at least Tanjirou's temporary change is obvious to recognize.

It just happens that *their unexpected and volatile power-ups weren't enough* to deal with the conflict. Which is more than fine, but let's not demean what they both showed there, because there seemed to be some really pertinent hints as to the importance of their bloodline there.

i'm worried about a pattern occurring of the pillars dying to the upper moons. though seeing as i don't like our current pillar as much as i did Rengoku, maybe that won't happen haha
i like that the tension is there though. we can assume that story-telling-wise it wouldn't achieve anything but we can't claim to know the author's goals in killing or not killing a character with 100% certainty.

I can see some of the Pillars dying, but I don't think it will be a pattern. If I'm not mistaken, without Rengoku, there are only 8 Pillars + Oyakata-sama left. The demons on the other hand have 6 Upper Moons + Muzan. Tanjirou is pretty much set up to kill Akaza in the future, so that's probably going to be a fight without casualties, because Akaza already did a major blow to the Demon Killing Corps. If Daki and Gyuutarou are to be defeated here, and Tanjirou takes on Akaza, then only 4 Upper Moons left for the 8 Pillars. At least half of them is going to survive in my opinion.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics